Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Could... could I have one of the clubs?" Curz asks eying both doors and wondering which would be the better exit. "I'd feel better knowing I had something to defend myself with."

His gaze then flickers to the keys and he licks his dry lips. Looking at the others he notices that Anitol seems serious hurt, but he says nothing.

{{ Should I offer to heal him? Would they kill me if they knew? }} he thinks rubbing his hands in apparent anxiety.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol gestures over the guards' bodies.

"Of course. Two daggers, two swords, two clubs. Everyone should grab something. That way we are all armed, in some small fashion."

Then, gathering momentum, he keeps going.

"Ethan, Osrin, if you are taking the tunics, best take the armor as well to complete the disguise. I could do with armor myself, if we come across more, although I'd prefer something a little lighter. But to be fair, I'd prefer not to have a sword wound across my chest . . . so perhaps I had best not be too choosy."

He pulls himself upright, wincing slightly as he paces a little around the room.

"Well, we know where that door goes. More guards, more prison . . . but also presumably our eventual freedom. Still, I'd prefer not to be taken from behind by the unknown while we attempt our escape. Let's take a look."

So saying, he walks to the western door and considers it for a moment.

OOC: Any sort of grate or viewport? Listen check at the door?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jaylen nods, as he bends to take a club. He tests the weapon, then notes the keys. "We can probably find more armor in the guards room. Maybe even something more to your liking."

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan listens to Anitol as he reachs for the chain shirt. "We could lure a few more guards here if we," he gestures to Osrin "pose as wounded guards and offer to raise the alarm as they rush...to their deaths." He continues as he removes the tabard from the same guard. "We'll be behind them so they must stay and fight. This would also explain the blood on the uniform. Also be taking more blood and smearing it on ourselves we can look more tha part."

He walks close to the heavy door to the west. "Has anyone checked this door yet?" Approaching the door slow he listens intently to get an idea of what maybe on the other side.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hooded when he was dragged into the cell Curz can't tell from what direction he came from, so is unsure as to which door to take.

"What about the magical pockets?" he asks after picking up a club and holding it at the ready. "Do you think there is more help for us there?"

[sblock=OOC] What's left for us to divide? Never looked into the veil description will do so now.

Hmm great picture so let's see...

masterwork thieve's tools Anitol
potion vial?? (could be identified using perception)
small sack?? (might be money might be a spell component pouch)
2 daggers Anitol and Osrin
silver holy symbol of Asmodeus - Jaylen
window??
lantern
bricks??
rope

2 longswords Ethan and ?? nobody else is proficient
2 clubs Curz and Jaylen
2 chain shirts Ethan and Osrin
key ring
2 small keys

Might want to get this quickly resolved. See what the sack and potion are as well as get out the rope and lantern to have at the ready.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Ethan listens to Anitol as he reachs for the chain shirt. "We could lure a few more guards here if we," he gestures to Osrin "pose as wounded guards and offer to raise the alarm as they rush...to their deaths." He continues as he removes the tabard from the same guard. "We'll be behind them so they must stay and fight. This would also explain the blood on the uniform. Also be taking more blood and smearing it on ourselves we can look more tha part."

He walks close to the heavy door to the west. "Has anyone checked this door yet?" Approaching the door slow he listens intently to get an idea of what maybe on the other side.

"Agreed," Osrin says, grabbing the other tunic from the body. "There's enough blood here to plausibly pose as injured guards."

He moves to the door, joining Ethan there. Osrin quickly dons the chain mail shirt and the tunic. He also listens at the door.

OOC: I don't know if a Disguise check is needed here, but Osrin can certainly make one if it makes sense. He can also help Ethan with his disguise.

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Ethan and Osrin complete their disguises with the guards' uniforms and chain hauberks in place. They fit reasonably, and hopefully should serve well enough to pass a casual inspection despite the blood. Curz and Jaylen pick up the dropped clubs.
OOC: I'm assuming that Ethan and Osrin are going to carry the longswords to help lend credence to the disguises. No disguise checks needed at this time, we'll wait until you interact with someone else from the prison. Valeria is still unarmed, unless someone hands over a dagger to her. HolyMan has a nice breakdown of the loot, just let me know if you pull any more patches off of the veil. Everyone please make the necessary adjustments to your character sheets for your new equipment, if you haven't already.

The group follows Anitol's lead to investigate the heavy door to the west. There are no windows or grills to reveal what is on the other side. Ethan and Osrin listen at the door, and hear a rhythmic droning sound like the buzzing of many large bees. After a perplexed moment, it suddenly dawns on the pair what they are hearing...someone or something snoring, very loudly.
OOC: Anyone else who makes a DC 15 Perception check to listen will also hear the snoring.

Velmont

First Post
As everyone is arming themselves, Valeria tells "If I have to use a weapon, it will mean our escape won't work... I'll wait for the next guards we neutralize to take his club, but it is really not a necessity."

She grabs all the key she spots, putting the small key in her pocket and keeping the large key ring in her hand, taking them to be sure they won't make noise.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol takes his turn at the door with the others, then half smiles to himself, turning to whisper.

"Well, someone's having a nice rest. Another prisoner? Or another guard? If it were a guard I suppose these two would have tried to call out . . . not that they had much of an opportunity."

He turns to Curz for a moment.

"Magical pockets? Oh, the veil? I think Jaylen had it last. We may as well take stock of that, too. But I'd at least like to get a look behind this door before whoever is on the other side wakes up."

Then he looks to Valeria.

"Yes, the key ring. Let's see if one of those will work, quietly now."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Valeria hands the key ring to Anitol.

OOC: Just a note. I have Guidance as one of my cantrip. If you ever need that little +1, assume that Valeria have given it to you if we are not in combat. I wanted to do it once Valeria was free to help on the lockpick, but I wasn't quick enough to post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases