Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Malvoisin

First Post
It takes Anitol only a moment to find the right key for the reinforced cell door, and it swings open with a loud creak. The guttering torchlight spills into the cell to reveal the lone occupant inside. The party sees a large humanoid creature, some 9 feet tall, with long matted hair and warty skin, sprawled out on the hard stone floor. It is dressed in prison rags much like your own, and bound tight in manacles and chains. This creature has clearly been mistreated by the guards here at Branderscar, as evidenced by the scars and wounds all over its hairy body.

At the sound of the door opening, and the light spilling into the cell, the creature wakes with a snort and quickly sits up. It blinks in confusion, staring at the shapes in the doorway, but makes no move.

029vm.jpg

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol folds his arms across his chest, although he winces as he presses against his injuries, spoiling whatever effect he was going for.

"Well . . . not a guard then. Who are you? What are you? Do you speak common?"

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan looks to Anitol for just a moment. "An ogre?"

He eyes the many scars, cuts, and bruises covering the ogre. "I am Ethan Thrace. How long have you been here Grumblejack? Many of your wounds are pretty fresh?"

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
"What, you never seen an ogre before?" Grumblejack laughs. "I been here two, maybe three weeks. Stupid little guards like to have their 'fun' with me, is all. Now who are you again?"

Velmont

First Post
"Your way out of this place. Alone, you will end back here if not at the end of a sword. With us, your chance to get out is far better, and you might get some revenge at the same time." replies Valeria.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Staying to watch the other door as the group checks the west one Curz winces when he hears the dead mumbling coming from down the hall.

{{ Who are they talking to? Some giant bumblebee? }} he thinks as his eyes dart back and forth from doorway to doorway.

Disposable Hero

First Post
"So your the guards 'plaything'?" He looks to Valeria than back to Grumblejack. "One can see that you're intelligence is already higher than that of most ogres. Would you be fine with taking orders for the time it takes to escape?"

Malvoisin

First Post
The ogre laughs again. "Taking orders? From you? No, I don't think so." He gives a sharp tug on his manacles. "Don't need any orders. Just turn me loose, point me at the guards, and stay out of my way."

[sblock=Ethan]
OOC: He does seem to be more intelligent than most ogres, but there's no reason to think he's hiding anything.
[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol frowns slightly. The chaos of an escaping ogre might mask their own escape, but it also might attract quite a bit of attention before they were ready for it. Plus it might be quite the wasted resource. He steps forward again trying to soothe Grumblejack a little.

"Not orders, then. Call it a 'bargain'. If we let you free to run amok through the prison, well . . . certainly you could get your revenge . . . for a while. But they did capture you once, just as they captured each of us. Revenge is sweet, but even sweeter when savored by the living. We can all get out of here, but it will take planning. So I put forth a counter-proposal. Help us escape, and we will do the same for you. Working together as a team we can make it to freedom, cause a lot of havok on the way out, and crush the reputation of Bramblescar all at once."

He sighs a little, playing at regret.

"We will release you either way. But our causes are aligned. I would much rather have you at my side."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases