Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Insight

Adventurer
Osrin looks slyly at the ogre. "Yes, yes. A sweet measure of revenge for our incarceration. And yours. Do go play with the guards and we'll make sure to stay out of your way."

Malvoisin

First Post
Grumblejack furrows his heavy brow as he listens carefully to Anitol's words. Afterwards, the ogre nods. "All right, makes sense I guess. I'll work with you...for now. Turn me loose."

He extends his meaty, shackled hands expectantly.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol walks forward, doing his best to appear confident and fearless, but he gestures for the others to stay where they are. Best to only put one inside the creature's reach, just in case. Then he pulls out the keyring and finds the key for the ogre's locks.

"All right. Time to get to work. Curz, what did you discover about the veil?"

Malvoisin

First Post
As the shackles fall away from his hands and feet, Grumblejack rubs at his chafed wrists (revealing that he too has an 'F' brand on his forearm). He draws himself up to his full imposing height, looks down at Anitol and says simply, "Thanks. Stupid little men, they'll wish they'd just killed me and been done with it."

Despite his tough talk, it's easy to see that the ogre has numerous wounds, new and old. As the group emerges from his cell, he appears also to have a slight limp. Clearly, he is not in the best of shape.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Who?... What... is that?" Curz says more than a bit shaky. He raises the small club as if ready to defend himself.

Velmont

First Post
"Grumblejack. He was a prisoner like us... and now he is escaping, like us. We are all in the same boat, so we work together." answers Valeria.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol turns to the group at Curz's question, but simply nods in agreement with Valeria's answer.

"We're all going to be leaving now. Should be fun."

Briskly, he returns to business, wanting to get everything squared away quickly lest he lose Grumblejack's patience.

"Okay, veil. Let's remove everything that we can be reasonably sure what it is. . . everything but the window and bricks? I don't want to pull a patch and find myself walled into this prison."

Unless anyone speaks up or acts to stop him, he makes his way to Jaylen, retrieves the veil and starts ripping off patches, distributing the results among the group.

Vial, sack, lantern, rope.

OOC: Curz doesn't have it. I think Jaylen does. Also he's on watch duty down the hall.
OOC: Yeah, but upthread Curz asked about it, and Anitol told him to get it off Jaylen. Why aren't you following orders? ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Jaylen scares me. :eek:

"He doesn't look in very good shape to be fighting anyone." Curz says cringing at the ogre;s glare.

He watches as the veil is riffled through wondering if any of this will help them escape.

[sblock=OOC2] Just realized I need a holy symbol to use channel energy. Yikes.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jaylen hands over the veil, noting that the others were now leading a large figure down his way. He looks at the items, adding, "I have no need for any of the items. If anyone else needs this amulet, I am only holding onto it as I have not seen Asmodeus' mark with any great detail. It is intricate, and simple, yet it drives fear into the hearts of many. They are right to fear him..."

"I can use the club for now, but we've got to get moving."

If anyone speaks up for the amulet, he will hand it over. Otherwise, he readies with the group to seek revenge.

OOC: How does Jaylen scare you?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases