Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Disposable Hero

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Just realized I need a holy symbol to use channel energy. Yikes.

PFFT....NOoOoOo:lol:OooB! JK[/sblock]

"Fun indeed." Ethan looks to Anitol and Grumblejack.

He stops short of the door leading to the hallway as Jaylen speaks. "I agree we should get moving but let's come to an agreement on how to proceed. Myself and Osrin can make our way through the hallway while you" he looks to the group "stay several paces behind and ambush when needed."

Malvoisin

First Post
Anitol takes the veil of useful items and pulls off the desired patches. In turn, each patch shimmers and transforms. The party is left with a bullseye lantern (filled with oil, shuttered, and already lit), 50 feet of hempen rope, a large sack (filled with clean, nondescript clothing of various sizes, as well as any needed material spell components of a mundane nature), and an unknown potion. Only two patches remain on the veil now, the window and the pile of 'bricks'.
OOC: Please update character sheets, according to who might pick up any of the new equipment. It sounds like Curz can take the unholy symbol of Asmodeus from Jaylen, if you want to HolyMan. Also, if anyone wishes to change clothes out of your prison rags into something less conspicuous, feel free to do so.

HolyMan said:

"He doesn't look in very good shape to be fighting anyone." Curz says cringing at the ogre;s glare.
Grumblejack whips around to turn his glare directly at Curz. "Oh yeah? Care to have a go right now, see what kind of shape I'm in?"
OOC: It might not be wise to make insulting comments about the ogre within earshot, just saying. ;)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"My money's on the big guy..." comes Jaylen's response to the challenge, as he spies some clothing. He checks to see what is available, as he will don any decent pants and a shirt.

As the marching orders are given, he readies himself to the escape, club in hand. He hands over the symbol to Curz, noting how he kept staring at it. "It seems you might be able to make use of this better than I."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Cringing back and stepping away from the ogre Curz looks at the unholy symbol as he would had the offer been a live viper. His eyes go wide and he shirks back a little further.

"Me? I.. I couldn't you... you keep it."
he says holding his hands at his sides. "I just want to be gone from here is all. I don't want any trouble from you. Any of you."

Disposable Hero

First Post
The exchange between Jaylen and Curz catchs Ethan's attention. "What was that about?" He asks himself. "It'll have to wait til we're out of here."

Ethan moves to the door leading into the hallway and opens it slightly, looking out into the hall. "Are we ready to move on from this place?" He half turns keeping his eyes forward.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol quickly strips out of his prison rags, using the remains to more firmly bind up his chest before climbing into a clean set of clothes from the sack. He holds the potion vial up to the light for a moment, as if by looking at it, he could determine the contents.

He stays lost in his reverie for a moment until Ethan's question pulls him back to the task at hand.

"What? Oh, yes, I think so. You and Osrin first in your disguises, then the rest of us will follow. Let's see what's out there."

Velmont

First Post
Valeria quickly remove her clothing to take some new clothes. She doesn't even bother the presence of the other men. "That's better." She grabs the bag and put the few spell component she need for her spells in her pocket. She then put the rope in the bag and hand it to Curz. "You carry this." She then take the lantern. "I'll hold the light."

Malvoisin

First Post
After everyone who wishes has changed clothes and grabbed the new equipment, the group moves on through the south door. Ethan and Osrin lead the way, followed by the others. Grumblejack sneers at Curz' lack of a response to his challenge, but lumbers along behind.

The group enters into a small guardroom lit by a guttering torch in a wall sconce. The room is plain with little furniture save for a small table and two chairs. There is a stairway leading down in the southwest corner of the room, while most of the rest of the southern wall is dominated by a giant stone fireplace and chimney, so large as to be almost comical.

There is a closed door leading to the east.
OOC: Anitol will remember that this door leads to the sitting room where he met Tiadora.

A pair of longbows and two quivers of arrows lean in the northwest corner.

cellblockexploration.jpg

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol gestures to the door.

"That's where I met with our "friend". Just an empty visitation room."

He walks over and opens the door, to demonstrate his statement. Then he looks around the room for a moment. He glances at the stairway.

"We should keep our voices low, don't know how sound will carry down than thing, or what's at the bottom. But it looks like it's our way out . . . unless . . ."

He walks over to the fireplace, and kneels in front of it, trying to angle his neck upwards to get a view of the chimney.

Remove ads