Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"There are longbows here as well. Those without weapons, here your chance." Jaylen waits to see if anyone else can make use of the longbows. If not, he steps forward, inspects them, and takes one along with a quiver of arrows while Anitol inspects the chimney.

"If you're thinking of using that as an escape route, you might want to think again. Grumblejack here won't likely make it very far and would probably get stuck."

Disposable Hero

First Post
"Neither would I." Ethan says as he responds to Jaylen's statement. "I am no acrobat. Based on the items in the bag I think we should find an outer wall close enough to the ground to use the rope."

Insight

Adventurer
"I'll have a quiet look down the stairs to see what's down there," Osrin says. Before anyone can disagree, he heads down.
OOC: I have added the dagger to Osrin's sheet. I have decided NOT to don the chain mail armor, as it will interfere too much with Osrin's abilities.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"With Grumblejack, surely not the best way out, but for our climbing skill, the rope would come handy there." replies Valeria, starting to think to let the Ogre behind on his own.

Malvoisin

First Post
Anitol opens the door to the room to the east, and true to his word, it appears be nothing more than a simple interrogation room, furnished with a stout wooden table and four chairs.

Anitol approaches the fireplace, and notes that smoke and a savory smell are evident rising up through the chimney from below. There must be another fireplace on the lower level, and it seems to be in use for cooking at the moment. He tries to get a view up to the top of the chimney, but the angle is poor, and he sees only darkness above.

Jaylen outfits himself with a longbow and quiver, finding them to be perfectly serviceable.

Osrin, meanwhile, takes it upon himself to scout down the stairway. He descends, and finds himself emerging into a stairwell on the lower floor, also lit by a torch in a wall sconce. There is only one closed door exiting this room, to the north.

cellblockexploration.jpg

Insight

Adventurer
Osrin returns to the group (not worrying about sneaking this time).

"There's nothing down there but a landing and a door. I say we proceed."

He goes back down (using Stealth this time). He listens at the door on the floor below.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jaylen follows Osrin down the stairs, bow at the ready and aimed at the door when he spots it. He keeps his bow trained there, awaiting the rest of the group to file down and get ready to proceed through it as well.

Malvoisin

First Post
Osrin can just make out the voices of two men talking on the other side of the door, clearly making no effort to be quiet as they speak.
[sblock=Perception Result]
“That Blackerly is a damned thief! That game was
rigged last night!”

“If it’s rigged, why do you keep going back to the gatehouse
then?”

“The beer’s passable.”
A laugh is heard. “Drinkin’ on duty! Damn, this place
has gone to hell. Captain Callidan would have never tolerated
that crap. That’s for sure!”

“Captain Callidan … he left, what? Two years ago?”
“Almost three and since then the place has been straight
down the shitter. That old wizard never leaves his tower.
He stays up there reading his books and petting his owl!”

“Petting his owl? Is that what they call it these days?”
The two men enjoy a bit of a laugh as the voices recede out of earshot.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Osrin can just make out the voices of two men talking on the other side of the door, clearly making no effort to be quiet as they speak.

Osrin attempts to quietly turn the doorknob (handle, whatever) and enter the room beyond. NOTE: He does not have a light source.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases