Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan stands close behind Osrin as he attempts to open the door.

[sblock=OOC]Well...that could've went better. I think I'm done with ENWorld dice roller...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
Osrin quietly opens the door to the north, revealing a long north-south hallway, lit by several more flickering torches on the walls. There are several closed doors to the east and west, as well as a very large set of double doors at the far north end. There are two guards on patrol, walking with their backs to Osrin, and seemingly oblivious to the man's entrance...until Ethan follows behind and bangs the blade of his sword against the door frame!

Both guards immediately whirl around, and lay eyes on the escapees.

OOC: Disguise checks please, gents! Also, sorry about the new scale on the map, I only just noticed that the squares in the printed module were to a 10' scale, not 5' as I originally thought. The map of the jail block is still wrong, but I didn't bother to remake it since I figure the others will be coming down to the lower floor soon.

jailhouserock6.jpg

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan groans as he makes his way through the door. "Gr...Grumb..." He stops playing to his apparent injuries.

[sblock=OOC]Looks like we're in for a fight...[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hearing Ethan groan his warning to the guards, Anitol attempts to provide corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative. He turns to the ogre and smiles a little as he whispers.

"Yell something."

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Osrin smirks at Ethan's bumbling approach into the room, but says nothing about it.

"You there," he says to the guards. "You seem awfully casual, considering some of the prisoners have escaped! Maybe you should report to the watch commander."

OOC: Move 6 squares forward. Hold standard action. Disguise check and Bluff check.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spying things going horridly wrong, Jaylen does the next best thing. He attacks Osrin, club in hand, pushing aside Ethan. His aim hits the edge of the doorway where Osrin stands, barely inches from the fellow escaped prisoner. He intends to give the impression that he was one of the said prisoners, escaping. He yells, "DIE YOU FILTHY GUARD!"

Hopefully his little attack would give the guards the belief that Osrin was one of the guards, and that they should help him with the escapees...

[sblock=ooc]I figured this would be an aid another action, to allow Osrin a little bonus to his story. After all, Jaylen is evil ;)[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
Hearing Ethan groan his warning to the guards, Anitol attempts to provide corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative. He turns to the ogre and smiles a little as he whispers.

"Yell something."
Grumblejack chuckles. "Don't think so." He shoulders past Anitol and lumbers down the stairs.

Meanwhile, below, the second guard stares at the unfolding scene blankly, apparently confused. The first guard, however, is sharper, and he is not taken in despite the best efforts of the escapees.

Realizng that something is wrong when he doesn't recognize the men wearing the guards' tabards, he shouts, "You're not Rafferty or Max! Prisoners are loose! To arms, men of Branderscar!" He reaches for the signal horn hanging at his belt.

OOC: Guards are slow on the draw as usual. Curz and Osrin, kick things off.

Intiative Order

22: Curz
17: Osrin
17: Grumblejack
14: Anitol (1/9 hp)
10: Ethan
9: Valeria
6: Jaylen (7/11 hp)
4: Guards

jailhouserock7.jpg

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol sighs to himself at Grumblejack's recalcitrance, but it sounds as if the plan has already gone sideways. The time for ruses has passed. He balance his dagger in his hand as he follows the ogre down the stairs, remaining silent and keeping away from the door.

Velmont

First Post
Valeria quickly climb down the stair, cursing to not be close enough to put at least one of these guard to sleep.

OOC: Valeria move to the door... I think that would make all her possible action.

Insight

Adventurer
Osrin makes for the guard with the horn. Realizing that having a dozen guards on top of them in short order is not the best of all possible situations, Osrin, rather that going for the kill, goes for the horn instead.

OOC: Osrin moves to T8 and then makes a Disarm attempt against G1. Osrin is probably terrible at this, but we've got to keep them from sounding the alarm. Wish me luck!

BTW if the guard has a weapon out, this provokes an AoO.
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION] pointed out to me that Weapon Finesse applies to CMB maneuvers like Disarm. Thus, the Disarm would be 5 higher (16).

Last edited:

Remove ads