Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG] - Page 3




+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 189
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ř Ignore Velmont
    "You rheally whant tho whait for the nect life?" replies Valeria to Jaylen.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,230

    ř Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    "Rather, I would like for vengeance to by mine in both lives, if I had my way..." he responds offhandedly.

  • #23
    Ethan turns as another prisoner speaks up. "Ahh yes vengence. Sweet no matter what plane your on. They will have to release us just before the executions begin or before they tske me to the salt mines." He stops for a moment and looks around the cell. "Or we could break free of our bonds. Maybe at a weak point." He looks to the bolt in the roof that holds his chain in place.
    Last edited by Disposable Hero; Friday, 8th June, 2012 at 04:04 AM.

  • #24
    Anitol
    Upon a closer look at the silk veil, Anitol sees that it is rather more than a simple piece of gossamer cloth. Upon closer inspection, he sees a number of small cloth patches of various shapes.



    "I'm sure if you can't figure out what to do with it, maybe one of your 'riff-raff' cellmates may be able to help."

    With that, Tiadora rises and calls out, "Guards! We're done here!"

    Her message delivered, she rises as Blackerly and the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. “No, I can’t bear to leave you!” She gives Anitol a kiss on the cheek. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien and inhuman.

    Tomas shakes his head. “I’m afraid it’s time, miss.”

    Tiadora looks deep in Tomas’ eyes and says, “Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.”

    “Such a good friend,” Tomas repeats, his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. “A pleasure, madam,” as Tiadora leaves, unveiled. Her eyes meet Anitol's one last time and she briefly gives him a wicked smile. “Three days,” telepathically echoes in the man's mind. “Don’t disappoint me, dearest”.

    OOC: Let me know if you want anything about the image of the veil clarified.

    The visitation concluded, Anitol is taken back to his cell by the cadre of guards and shackled once more. Lights are dimmed and the door to the cell block is locked. With looks of disdain, Blackerly and the guards depart, leaving all of you again to your own devices.

  • #25
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    ř Ignore hafrogman
    Anitol is scowling slightly as the guards lead him back to the cell. He silently endures the guards returning him to his shackles. He waits until the prisoners have been left alone in the cell again, and silently counts to himself, waiting until he can be reasonably sure that the jailers have returned to their normal routine.

    "Well . . . that was not quite what I expected as it turns out. It seems a new player has taken a seat at the table, and they are playing their hand very close to their chest."

    He twists around until he can reach inside his rags, drawing out a scrap of white cloth, embroidered with small patches.

    "I have been given a message. For all of us."

    He turns and looks at the five people shackled beside him, studying each one as if he could divine what hidden purpose they could have as a collective. Why these five? Why all of them?

    "It seems we have an unknown . . . benefactor? An interested party at least. Someone who has requested an audience with you all, and myself. The trick to the game is that we have to get there ourselves. I was given this veil, and directions . . . and not much more. It seems my lot has been cast with yours. We discussed escape? Now let's see what we can do about that."
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #26
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,230

    ř Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    At the mention of an escape attempt, Jaylen look over the bolts, wondering if his shackles were enough to deter him. He tests his bonds, noting that he can at least speak. Now, if his hands were left with enough motion to use them properly, that would be the test.

    Malvosin
    Is there enough leeway in the chaining to allow the casting of a spell that requires only somatic and verbal components?

  • #27
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ř Ignore Velmont
    "I'fe heardh abouth such mazic... ithem thurn intho patch. Iz that thief thools. Anyone coul free us?" asks Valeria.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #28
    Fangor
    OOC: The shackles are quite tight, and it will be difficult to cast a spell requiring somatic components with your hands restrained above your head as they are. That said, you could try. The spell might fail, though, at my discretion. So if you try it, don't assume it automatically succeeds.

  • #29
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,230

    ř Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    Jaylen knows that now would be a hard pressed time to attempt to escape. He waits patiently, testing his manacles overhead while focusing his mental state. Sensing that he would only fail in this meager attempt, he bides his time, saving his strength...

  • #30
    Ethan looks to Anitol as he pulls the cloth from his rags. "What exactly does the veil do exactly?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 169
      Last Post: Wednesday, 21st November, 2012, 07:23 PM
    2. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th May, 2012, 08:09 AM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd December, 2009, 01:06 AM
    4. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest [PFRPG][IC]
      By Malvoisin in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th October, 2009, 09:40 AM
    5. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest Rogue's Gallery [PFRPG]
      By Malvoisin in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Sunday, 13th September, 2009, 04:48 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •