Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG] - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 189
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Anitol shrugs at Ethan's question . . . well, he shrugs as much as he can while shackled.

    "I don't know exactly. As I said, details were not exactly forthcoming. Perhaps this whole escapade is some kind of . . . test? Whoever it is doesn't want us free as much as they want to see if we can do it ourselves."

    He blinks a little to try and decipher Valeria's input.

    "Items turn into patches? A set of lockpicks would certainly be useful right about now, yes. Is that what you think this one is? I thought it was a crowbar and fondue fork."

    He peers at the veil in the dim light of the cell and focuses on the patch on the left of the central star. He reaches out to touch the patch hesitantly.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    OOC: I might have assumed too fast what my character knew, so just in case: Knowledge(Arcana), Spellcraft (1d20+9=25, 1d20+8=11) She might know about the type of magical item.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #33
    As Anitol touches the patch representing the lockpicks, he finds that the edge of the patch lifts easily away from the veil at the merest touch. A slight tug pulls the patch completely away from the veil with little effort. Instantly, the patch shimmers and transforms into an actual set of high quality (Masterwork) thieves tools in Anitol's hand. It seems Valeria was right!

  • #34
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Anitol lets out a deep breath that he didn't realize he had been holding. This . . . this was quite the gift after all. He wets his lips and gets a very careful grip on the picks. He turns his head and arms to get a better look at his shackles, and those of his fellow prisoners.

    OOC: Any chance of picking my own or someone else's shackles?
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #35
    OOC: Anitol can't reach anyone else's manacles, but he can make an attempt to pick the lock of his own, thanks to the Thieves Tools.

  • #36
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    "Greath, can you use ith to free us? Dho we waith for a bether thiming or we thry to get outh now?" asks Valeria, boosted by the hope of getting free. "So, we have thwo thaggers, a pfotion, a pfurse probably fill with gold, a potion I guess of healing, a rope, a lanthern... thath's all useful. We also have a windhow... now that sthrange. I wonther if ith will apfear on a wall if he thakes it out of the feil. And that sthar, is it an holy symbol or some pfenthacle? And thath pyramid, that I can'th even guess what ith is."
    Last edited by Velmont; Friday, 8th June, 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #37
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Anitol holds up a hand to forestall Valeria's ramblings.

    "Give me a moment to concentrate here. I promise once I'm free, the first thing I'll do is get rid of that gag. Your lisp is getting on my nerves."

    Then he turns his attentions to the picks and his cuffs, attempting to twist hands, wrists, lock and picks into the right alignment that will allow him to get leverage on the mechanism.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #38
    A smile makes it's way across Ethan's face. "The pentagram is the symbol of Asmodeus. I wonder if your visitor was a follower of the Dark Lord."

    He turns to face Valeria. "It looks like we'll be able to take vengence, well start taking vengence, today"

  • #39
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,230

    Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    My communities:

    At the mention of Asmodeus, Jaylen's eyes rise up once more, with a renewed vigor. His hands move as much as they can, as the familiar words escape his lips. His hands are shackled, but perhaps with this new sign that his god IS nearby, or at least watching, he can't let the chance go. His finger points at the end of the chained manacles that go above him. Hopefully it would be just enough to test his theory, as well as get him free...

    Malvoisin
    Attempting Orison of Acid Splash above him. Hopefully this will test the manacles, his spell casting ability, and the securing of the chains above.

  • #40
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Curz has to hold himself back from shaking with glee at the news before him.

    {{ Escape, sweet escape. And then? Revenge. }} he thinks as he watches the others.

    Then someone mentions Asmodeus and he freezes. Why would Miltra send one of his followers to help free him? What could this be? Some sort of test or collaborations with the Demon of Fire?

    Sitting back quietly he watches as patiently as he can.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 169
      Last Post: Wednesday, 21st November, 2012, 07:23 PM
    2. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th May, 2012, 08:09 AM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd December, 2009, 01:06 AM
    4. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest [PFRPG][IC]
      By Malvoisin in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th October, 2009, 09:40 AM
    5. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest Rogue's Gallery [PFRPG]
      By Malvoisin in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Sunday, 13th September, 2009, 04:48 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •