Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol shrugs at Ethan's question . . . well, he shrugs as much as he can while shackled.

"I don't know exactly. As I said, details were not exactly forthcoming. Perhaps this whole escapade is some kind of . . . test? Whoever it is doesn't want us free as much as they want to see if we can do it ourselves."

He blinks a little to try and decipher Valeria's input.

"Items turn into patches? A set of lockpicks would certainly be useful right about now, yes. Is that what you think this one is? I thought it was a crowbar and fondue fork."

He peers at the veil in the dim light of the cell and focuses on the patch on the left of the central star. He reaches out to touch the patch hesitantly.

Malvoisin

First Post
As Anitol touches the patch representing the lockpicks, he finds that the edge of the patch lifts easily away from the veil at the merest touch. A slight tug pulls the patch completely away from the veil with little effort. Instantly, the patch shimmers and transforms into an actual set of high quality (Masterwork) thieves tools in Anitol's hand. It seems Valeria was right!

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol lets out a deep breath that he didn't realize he had been holding. This . . . this was quite the gift after all. He wets his lips and gets a very careful grip on the picks. He turns his head and arms to get a better look at his shackles, and those of his fellow prisoners.

OOC: Any chance of picking my own or someone else's shackles?

Malvoisin

First Post
OOC: Anitol can't reach anyone else's manacles, but he can make an attempt to pick the lock of his own, thanks to the Thieves Tools.

Velmont

First Post
"Greath, can you use ith to free us? Dho we waith for a bether thiming or we thry to get outh now?" asks Valeria, boosted by the hope of getting free. "So, we have thwo thaggers, a pfotion, a pfurse probably fill with gold, a potion I guess of healing, a rope, a lanthern... thath's all useful. We also have a windhow... now that sthrange. I wonther if ith will apfear on a wall if he thakes it out of the feil. And that sthar, is it an holy symbol or some pfenthacle? And thath pyramid, that I can'th even guess what ith is."

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol holds up a hand to forestall Valeria's ramblings.

"Give me a moment to concentrate here. I promise once I'm free, the first thing I'll do is get rid of that gag. Your lisp is getting on my nerves."

Then he turns his attentions to the picks and his cuffs, attempting to twist hands, wrists, lock and picks into the right alignment that will allow him to get leverage on the mechanism.

Disposable Hero

First Post
A smile makes it's way across Ethan's face. "The pentagram is the symbol of Asmodeus. I wonder if your visitor was a follower of the Dark Lord."

He turns to face Valeria. "It looks like we'll be able to take vengence, well start taking vengence, today"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
At the mention of Asmodeus, Jaylen's eyes rise up once more, with a renewed vigor. His hands move as much as they can, as the familiar words escape his lips. His hands are shackled, but perhaps with this new sign that his god IS nearby, or at least watching, he can't let the chance go. His finger points at the end of the chained manacles that go above him. Hopefully it would be just enough to test his theory, as well as get him free...

[sblock=Malvoisin]Attempting Orison of Acid Splash above him. Hopefully this will test the manacles, his spell casting ability, and the securing of the chains above.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Curz has to hold himself back from shaking with glee at the news before him.

{{ Escape, sweet escape. And then? Revenge. }} he thinks as he watches the others.

Then someone mentions Asmodeus and he freezes. Why would Miltra send one of his followers to help free him? What could this be? Some sort of test or collaborations with the Demon of Fire?

Sitting back quietly he watches as patiently as he can.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases