Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG] - Page 6


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 189
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
    Anitol has to force himself from crying out as his shackles spring open. He bites his lip to forestall any noise until he is able to regain control. He takes a moment to rub his wrists and he can't quite resist giving a small smirk of self congratulation to his fellow prisoners.

    True to his word, he reaches over Ethan to pull Valeria's gag the rest of the way free, and then does the same for Curz (and anyone else who's gagged if I missed them). Then he peers about the room for a second and then whispers to the others.

    "Alright. One down . . . eleven to go. Quietly now, it'd be a bad time for visitors."

    Then he leans over and starts in on the manacles around his feet.

    OOC: I don't know how you want to do all these rolls, there are quite a few. After his feet he'll move on to Ethan, Jeylen, Valeria, Curz and Osrin.
    Flush with confidence from his success, Anitol makes short work of the lock on the manacles shackling his legs. He bounds quickly to his feet, and moves over to set to work on Ethan's manacles. Unfortunately, his hands remain stiff from his time bound in chains, and one of the picks falls to the stone floor with an audible 'ping'.

    From down the hallway, the voice of a guard sounds out, "Whazzat? You hear something Rafferty?"

    "Just a rat, ya ninny! Quit being so jumpy," comes the reply from a second guard.

    Anitol
    OOC: To save time, let me tell you the following. It's a DC 20 check to pick each set of manacles (bearing in mind the MW thieves tools Anitol has, and that he gets an extra +2 bonus for familiarity). For any future checks, you can roleplay the result of any success and move on. Same goes for a near miss. However, for any failure by a result of 5 or more, things may get a little noisy (as above); in such a case, hold things up for my reaction. Sound good?

 

  • #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Fangor the Fierce View Post
    Jaylens triumph over the manacles is small, but still a win for him. He hears the click of the lockpicks working, pushing his own endeavors to free himself. The damage was small, but with enough of the acid, it should be what he needs to get out of the manacles. Relying on one person to free them all is just not in his favor...

    He casts a series of the spells, hoping that each one would burn through enough of the clasps on his wrists to free himself before he would have to rely on the others to free him.
    Jaylen successfully casts his spell a second time, but suddenly winces in pain as some of the acid splashes over his still-bound hands and wrists. Further, a tug at the chains makes it fairly clear that it will take half a dozen or more such spell castings to even begin to eat through the steel.

    OOC: 1 hp damage to Jaylen from splashed acid. I'll leave you to decide whether you want to continue casting or not.

  • #53
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Anitol's eyes open wide as the pick slips between his stiff and sweat-slicked fingers. He holds back a gasp, and doesn't so much as breathe while the guards react to the noise, frozen in place. Once the commotion dies down he slowly reaches down to retrieve the fallen pick and lets out his breath.

    He draws another deep, ragged breath and returns to the task at hand. Both sets of Ethan's shackles quickly spring open under his nimble fingers. He turns to Jaylen, but seeing that the man is attempting his own escape, he quirks one eyebrow and turns to the next in line, kneeling in front of Valeria. Her shackles must be rusted or worn, it's tough to tell in the darkness. It takes several tense minutes for Anitol to finally get the lock to turn, with his increasing failure causing Anitol to nearly lose his composure. Once the lock yields, Anitol takes several deep breaths before returning to the shackles around the woman's legs which still stick, but open much quicker.
    Last edited by hafrogman; Monday, 11th June, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #54
    After a few moments of desperate work (though they feel much longer to Anitol), Ethan and Valeria are free!

  • #55
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Anitol rises to his feet once Ethan and Valeria are free. He takes a moment to stretch out cramped muscles, working feeling back into his fingers as he looks around the dim cell. He spares another glance at the door to check on the guards, and then leans over Curz to start in on another set of manacles. Now deeply familiar with the workings of these locks, Curz's manacles spring open as if by magic, and Anitol moves on to Osrin who's arm shackles open just as easily. It takes a few more moments for his legs, the cramped space and worn mechanism causing a few more moments delay.

    Eventually, with five of six prisoners freed by his efforts, Anitol stands and turns towards Jaylen . . .

    OOC: I'll pause here to let him decide if he's freed himself in the meantime.
    Last edited by hafrogman; Monday, 11th June, 2012 at 03:41 AM.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #56
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Curz says nothing after he is freed from the manacles. He quickly and quietly moves to the door to peek out.

    "I can't see the guards. I need to be able to see at least one of them." he whispers anxiously.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #57
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,231
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    My communities:

    Jaylen continues his work, wanting to have his own freedom at his own hands. His arms ache from the continued use of the spell and his need to make the gesture needed each time. This does not deter him, as it fuels his desire to escape even more. Eventually, he frees himself, as the manacles break away to his continued efforts.

    He rubs his hands, looking about at the others, as he takes stock of the veil. He spies the symbol again, wanting to see just what Asmodeus had in store for them...

    "Now that we're free of those bonds, let's see what else that veil of yours has in store for us. I am particularly intrigued by Asmodeus' mark, for he has watched over his loyal followers, it would seem."

  • #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    Osrin looks at Ethan. "You claim to know the Dread Lord. I thought I was alone in this."
    Ethan looks to Osrin with a nod. "I follow his teachings and believe it is a divine right of the strong to rule over the weak. It's time to punish those that would deprive us of our freedom for s et of laws that we do not accept."

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangor the Fierce View Post
    Jaylen continues his work, wanting to have his own freedom at his own hands. His arms ache from the continued use of the spell and his need to make the gesture needed each time. This does not deter him, as it fuels his desire to escape even more. Eventually, he frees himself, as the manacles break away to his continued efforts.

    He rubs his hands, looking about at the others, as he takes stock of the veil. He spies the symbol again, wanting to see just what Asmodeus had in store for them...

    "Now that we're free of those bonds, let's see what else that veil of yours has in store for us. I am particularly intrigued by Asmodeus' mark, for he has watched over his loyal followers, it would seem."
    "It appears so."


    He moves closure to Anitol. "Thank you for freeing me of my bonds. I request only a weapon for now." He looks to Curz. "Once the guards have been relieved of their duty we can then relieve them of their equipment."

  • #59
    Jaylen's insistence on freeing himself via use of his Acid Splash spell has succeeded, but at a cost. His hands, wrists and forearms have been painfully burned by the acid dripping and splashing over his exposed flesh.

    OOC: Jaylen has taken a total of 4 hp of damage from the acid.

  • #60
    OOC: Everyone is free from their bonds. Feel free to start pulling patches from the veil to see what happens. Also, I'm assuming all conversation is being conducted in quiet tones at the moment. If you want to attract the attention of the guards, let me know.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 169
      Last Post: Wednesday, 21st November, 2012, 08:23 PM
    2. Review of Way of the Wicked (Book One: Knot of Thorns) by Fire Mountain Games
      By Neuroglyph in forum Pathfinder RPG Discussion, Rules, Houserules, & Homebrews
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th May, 2012, 09:09 AM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd December, 2009, 02:06 AM
    4. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest [PFRPG][IC]
      By Malvoisin in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th October, 2009, 10:40 AM
    5. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest Rogue's Gallery [PFRPG]
      By Malvoisin in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Sunday, 13th September, 2009, 05:48 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •