Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG] - Page 9





  1. #81
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hafrogman
    OOC: Could we get a little more description of the cell and door? I had assumed it was more of a thick wood with a tiny view port kind of affair. But if the guard can see us from there, is it more of a iron bar sort of affair?
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

 

  • #82
    OOC: Iron bars, correct. The map shows the bars with a dashed line. (Is it too small? Let me know). Sorry if anything I wrote (or didn't) created a misleading impression. But yeah, you guys are kind of sitting ducks at the moment.

  • #83
    At the outburst, Jaylen can only snicker. It would seem that vengeance was soon to be an option, as the guard takes notice quickly. With the others in the way, he can't react in time enough to make any use of himself. Instead, he goads the guard.

    "Busted heads? Sure, but it won't be ours. You heard him. He said he wanted OUT!"

  • #84
    "Surely you, being one of the infamous Branderscar prison guards, are not scared of a mere six unarmed and unarmored prisoners?" He looks to both Anitol and Osrin as his hand passes each prisoner. "Or is Branderscar in the habit of hiring cowards?" Ethan looks to Valeria as the next words leave his mouth. "This place does have it's charms after all. So I could see how a coward such as yourself would be attracted to it. You like to beat on the prisoners as their chained to whatever device you decide but when it's somewhat of a fair fight..." He laughs as he looks the guard in the eye. "Well then you run like a scared little boy to his wet nurse."
    Last edited by Disposable Hero; Wednesday, 13th June, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

  • #85
    The guard sneers at Ethan, though it is clear there is a real fear behind the mask of bravado. (These are some of the worst criminals in the land, after all...)

    The guard stays put, approaching no closer to the cell bars, but watching warily. He shouts at the top of his lungs, "Rafferty! Prisoners loose! Sound the alarm!"

    OOC: Okay, what are the rest of you lot going to do?
    Last edited by Malvoisin; Wednesday, 13th June, 2012 at 12:29 PM.

  • #86
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    5

    Ignore Insight
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvoisin View Post
    OOC: Okay, what are the rest of you lot going to do?
    Osrin waits for the guard to come through the door - or at least open it. Not much else he can do until one of those things happen.
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #87
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Velmont
    Valeria starts whispers a few words, understanding Ethal's cue. She unleash magical forces toward the guards mind, trying to charm it.

    OOC
    Move: Move aside if the guard is out of sight.
    Standard: Charm-Person on guard: Will save vs. DC 14.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #88
    Jaylens wrists burn, as he hears the jeering. When Valeria begins her casting, he readies his own magic to protect him as well. He places the amulet around his neck, preparing to fight.

  • #89
    Ethan waits to see if Valeria's spell will have any effect on the but before she releases he power. "How about this. If you call off the alarm and assist us in our...endeavors here in Branderscar I'll ensure your safety and even a spot of gold. However if you choose to go against us, it'll be you the ferryman takes."

    OOC
    If I can Intimidate him into helping us can Valeria keep her spell? That is if I can still do what anything since we've rolled for initiative. I'll roll just in case. Also I realized it's what I should have done instead of Bluff. My bad guys.

  • #90
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hafrogman
    Pending . . .

    OOC: Okay, now that I know we're in a big cage Can I reach through and try and pick the door lock? If so, I'll come back and edit that into this post. I'll put the roll up either way, for time.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 169
      Last Post: Wednesday, 21st November, 2012, 07:23 PM
    2. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th May, 2012, 08:09 AM
    3. Initiative Cards: Combat and Storytelling (PFRPG) from Wicked K Games & LPJ Design
      By lmpjr007 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd December, 2009, 01:06 AM
    4. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest [PFRPG][IC]
      By Malvoisin in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: Thursday, 15th October, 2009, 09:40 AM
    5. Malvoisin's Dungeonaday Playtest Rogue's Gallery [PFRPG]
      By Malvoisin in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Sunday, 13th September, 2009, 04:48 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •