Chicago Gameday 32 Event Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
I can't tell if this is serious advice or not. :)

It is my first time running a FATE game. The book suggests 2 to 6 players. Am I crazy allowing for 6?

I was just kidding, meng. Feel fre to edit your blurb so it says six players.

I've run FATE games with six players a couple times; it can be a handful, but it's totally do-able. Just don't expect to hit more than a couple of each PC's aspects. And err on the side of simple aspects to your life and the player's life easier.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
I've run FATE games with six players a couple times; it can be a handful, but it's totally do-able. Just don't expect to hit more than a couple of each PC's aspects. And err on the side of simple aspects to your life and the player's life easier.

Yeah, as I read more I think I'll leave my event at 4 seats.

"This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things."
D&D 4e, 9th Level
6 players
Buzz, you're good at finding images!
We'll call the event PG-13.

All good things must come to and end right? You’ve adventured together for the better part of five years, but now, you’re all seeing life pull you in different directions. Whether you want to settle down and run a business, pursue research, or dedicate yourself to some higher cause, adventuring together is one thing that you’re putting behind you for now. It’s not as though you didn’t have fun, and you certainly made quite a bit of money.

After besting your last trap-filled tomb—and man, was it a nasty one--it’s time to hang up the adventuring cloak and celebrate new beginnings at the Falconcall Pub in Iriaebor (Now under new management at the hands of your humble rogue, Dagger!) before you each head on your own way. It’ll be a relaxing, merry evening for all...

Come play out this flashback episode featuring Trev’s infamous (dare I say iconic?) heroes before they were big shots fighting demons and beholders, and single-handedly saving the world from doom.

This is a high-heroic tier (9th level) 4e D&D adventure set in the Forgotten Realms (3rd edition flavor). Pre-generated celebrity look-alike characters provided. If you’re signing up, please take a look at them in advance, and pick who you want to play. People who call a character in the registration thread get first dibs. Experience with 4e preferred, but everyone’s welcome. Folks willing to roleplay their characters’ personalities (each one has some history and notes right on the sheets) highly, highly encouraged, as it only makes things more entertaining for everyone!

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, I have decided to stop waffling and take on the herculean task of doing a one-shot of GURPS for Gameday. I'll be running the Origins-winning Orbital Decay scenario in the GURPS Transhuman Space setting.

Hard SF and fiddly rules! What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases