Chicago Gameday 32 Event Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I can hear those empty tables calling your name, Mark...

I'll give it a bit more thought and see if some folks step up in the next few days.

Okay, I have decided to stop waffling and take on the herculean task of doing a one-shot of GURPS for Gameday. I'll be running the Origins-winning Orbital Decay scenario in the GURPS Transhuman Space setting.

Hard SF and fiddly rules! What could go wrong?

Very cool! I will upload my consciousness to a laptop and bring it along. I suppose two or three gigs will be enough. :D

TracerBullet42

First Post
Afternoon (3:30 p.m.) slot
Serenity RPG
"I WANNA ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT...AND kuáng​huān ​EVERY DAY."

Work is hard to come by in the Black. When the hot new band, "Steel 'N Nails," approaches The Crew to be their tour bus on their "Worlds Tour," Mal is quick to say, "Shiny." A little bit of pay for travel and doing other respectable jobs along the way ain't no bad way to get paid at all.

Besides...rock stars don't ever get into trouble, right?

This event will be kid-friendly-ish. Serenity is more of a story driven game, so it may not be for the youngsters, but I don't anticipate any "adult content." No experience is necessary, as the rules can be taught as we play, but some familiarity with the show/movie/characters will be helpful, as we'll be playing as "The Crew."

Number of Players: 6

Table Preference: Private Room

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
This event will be kid-friendly-ish. Serenity is more of a story driven game, so it may not be for the youngsters, but I don't anticipate any "adult content."
PG-13?

Aside: I was trying to eliminate the movie rating thing and just have events be either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only". Do folks feel like it's important to have those in-between ratings like PG and PG-13?

TracerBullet42

First Post
PG-13?

Aside: I was trying to eliminate the movie rating thing and just have events be either "Kid-Friendly" or "Adults Only". Do folks feel like it's important to have those in-between ratings like PG and PG-13?

I added "PG-13" to the description. I think that's about right.

I think it is a helpful rating to have. I feel like there's a range in there that is appropriate for some kids, but not others.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer

I don't like the movie rating either. More explicit descriptions would be useful.

"Kid Friendly"

"Mature Players Only" - meaning (to me) that the age of the player is unimportant, just a mature approach to the game is appropriate.

"Adult Content" - if your game will include elements that parents might find objectionable for kids.

My event would fall under "Mature Players Only" I would think due to the nature of negotiations in a FATE-based game, for example. I wouldn't put a content rating on my event because I always play to my audience and will self-edit if younger players are involved.

Reidzilla

First Post
The Spicy Noodles of Awkward Death

System: Rivers and Lakes RPG by Ben Wright (Chthonic Games) PDF is free.

Seats: 4 (PG-13 do to violence and bad grammar) (Mature Players Only)

After a long journey nothing is as satisfying as a good meal. Unfortunately for a group of hungry xiá, there seems a lack of eating houses in this province. Even the food carts are no where to be seen. What could cause such an inharmonious circumstance?

Come and join a group of wandering kung fu warriors in search of honor, adventure, and dinner. Done in the style of the deadly serious but very poorly translated/dubbed UHF Sunday kung fu specials of yore.

No experience or dice necessary (will be provided). Bring your best dubbing skills, exaggerated facial expressions, and a sense of humor.

kung-fu.jpg

kung-fu.jpghttp:

Last edited:

Nev the Deranged

First Post
My TBD is definitely Trollbabe, assuming I can get the book before then.

The usual, nothing needed, rules taught, blah blah blah.

Let's go with 4 seats until I find out how many it actually takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases