D&D 5E Ed Greenwood to write 5E's Forgotten Realms

Teataine

Explorer
I thought this was pretty clear from the start. Around the time they announced 5e they also announced "Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms" and at one of the first pannels (DnDXP was it?) Mearls said: "The Realms will be supported from the start [by the new edition]."

Drowbane

First Post
"A point prior to the end of 3E" includes 1E and 2E by definition.

If you meant "Take it back to 1e greybox" that is perhaps what you should have said. For clarity.

I for one wouldn't mind an FR reboot like that. Though I don't need WotC to make it official for me to run in early FR, I have my old boxset still.

Fenes

First Post
No, I meant I am fine with any point up from 1E to the end of 3E for a relaunch. Even the ToT, for all the hamfisted "new rules, new world" changes it brought, was not as bad as the 4E debacle.

jadrax

Adventurer
No, I meant I am fine with any point up from 1E to the end of 3E for a relaunch. Even the ToT, for all the hamfisted "new rules, new world" changes it brought, was not as bad as the 4E debacle.

GAH! If you did not live in a large mountainous country that is to all intents and purposes uninvadable, you would pay for those words sir, pay!

(I do not know if I have mentioned it, but I did not really like Time of Troubles)

Walking Dad

First Post
I don't dislike all 4e changes to the Realms. They tried to shake them up and succeeded with it. Also I think the Neverwinter Trilogy (fiction) is selling well, so I doubt they will retcon it to never happened.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases