D&D 5E Ed Greenwood to write 5E's Forgotten Realms

Steely_Dan

First Post
In my current FR campaign (going since 1987), Elminster has been made a tea-servant by Asmodeus, and Drizzt is working as rough trade on the streets of Calimport since just around when Yamun invaded Cormyr.

Talath

Explorer
I would love to see a Forgotten Realms where Ed is at the helm, especially if they reboot the setting and roll it back to a prior edition before 3rd edition. In fact, that would be a deal breaker if they didn't, as I did not support the changes they made to the setting post 3rd edition.

darjr

I crit!
Hmmm grey box.... I'd love to go back to the grey box. In fact it makes me think that the playtest might work with the adventures in them.

cept I don't remember what level they were, didn't one have an otyg and a ixticitl?

For this to work you need to dial everyone I. The JLM(Justice League Mystra) back. If elmenster was a great sage and 12th level wizard and sometimes needed help... That would be fine.

Does everyone remember when 4e realms came out I HATED anything to do with it... 4e made me learn to love the realms, and I would hate to see a big step backwards.

Make the chosen less in your face, make PCs matter, and don't wast space telling me how your Mary sue NPC get laid...

Eric Tolle

First Post
What weird sexual stuff? All I remember is that Ed's heroes act like I'd expect adventurers to act: Like soldiers on I have to point out that pretty.

The example that comes to mind is the scenario Greenwood likes to recount where the characters have to delivery an urgent message to the queen, and find they have to wade through a huge bath full of an orgy in progress. And that's just one of the creepy or sexist crap Greenwood came up with.

As far as I'm concerned, this is another indication of how creatively bankrupt D&D Next is- but then I've always hated Elmunchkin and The Forgettable Realms. But hey, if you want your characters to wade through puddles of spooge while acting as servants at one of Mystera's parties, more power to you.

Last edited:

As far as I'm concerned, this is another indication of how creatively bankrupt D&D Next is- but then I've always hated Elmunchkin and The Forgettable Realms. But hey, if you want your characters to wade through puddles of spooge while acting as servants at one of Mystera's parties, more power to you.
if I could xp

Elf Witch

First Post
The example that comes to mind is the scenario Greenwood likes to recount where the characters have to delivery an urgent message to the queen, and find they have to wade through a huge bath full of an orgy in progress. And that's just one of the creepy or sexist crap Greenwood came up with.

Judgmental much?

I have been playing in the Realms since the earliest editions and I have never had to wade through puddles of spooge and while I have played clerics in the service of the gods and once I infiltrated a party given by the King of Cormyr as a dancer to steal an item I have never played a servant of Mystra at one of her parties.

But you were using hyperbole to be witty and to make a dig at a setting you don't personally like. While implying that people who do are having badfun.

Fenes

First Post
I find wading through sewers and/or the blood of enemies far more creepy and disgusting than wading through a bath where an orgy is being held.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I find wading through sewers and/or the blood of enemies far more creepy and disgusting than wading through a bath where an orgy is being held.

Personally, I'll pick the orgy over the sewer every day of the week ;)

Unless of course it was filled with fugly abominations... the would be just wrong :eek::rant:

Warder

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases