D&D 5E Ed Greenwood to write 5E's Forgotten Realms

Fenes

First Post
I don't dislike all 4e changes to the Realms. They tried to shake them up and succeeded with it. Also I think the Neverwinter Trilogy (fiction) is selling well, so I doubt they will retcon it to never happened.

Then the realms remain dead.

(They don't have to retcon it, they can do a relaunch, comics and movies do that all the time.)

Scribble

First Post
I would like to see them do what they do with all the star wars games... Just release the realms with different "era" books and let US choose where/when we want to set our campaigns.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
I would like to see them do what they do with all the star wars games... Just release the realms with different "era" books and let US choose where/when we want to set our campaigns.

One of the chats they did mentioned that they wanted to support playing in whatever era you like, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this.

IronWolf

blank

Yeah, I even do this now when I run a game in the Realms. Choose my spot in the timeline and drop my campaign in there.

Janaxstrus

First Post
I don't dislike all 4e changes to the Realms. They tried to shake them up and succeeded with it. Also I think the Neverwinter Trilogy (fiction) is selling well, so I doubt they will retcon it to never happened.

The Neverwinter Trilogy is the worst set of Drizzt novels ever. You can tell R.A. hates the changes (as he's mentioned in public).

Retcon away, for the love of Mystra.

Steely_Dan

First Post
Yep, exactly, I'm all for choice, play Grey Box, post-Time of Troubles, Spell-Plague; choice, like everything in this whacky (and wonderful) game should be.

Too many black & white attitudes going around lately about this game.

Grid, no-gird, pre, not pre, can't we all get along...*in the voice of Bill Clinton*

dagger

Adventurer
Anytime before 4e will work for me....otherwise I will just keep playing as if it never happened and have no reason (or want) to spend money.

Last edited:

Fenes

First Post
Anytime before 4e will work for me....otherwise I will just keep playing as if it never happened and have no need to spend money.

That. If every product will still cling to the 4E changes I'll not buy anything - and I bought just about every FR book before they went crazy and wrecked it for 4E.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases