Caves of Chaos (Group 1, PF) - IC - Page 5




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 244
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,326

    ° Ignore rangerjohn
    My communities:

    Belthasar fires of a spray of acid. It widely misses and hisses into the wall.

    OOC
    I think I see a pattern for his life. Apparently, he's a scholar not a fighter.
    Last edited by rangerjohn; Tuesday, 26th June, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    rangerjohn

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rhydius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Posts
    198

    ° Ignore Rhydius
    Hearing the chain Cid turns, and moves toward the sound, careful to not get in his companions way as they rush by. By the time he gets a good look at the creature Dorian is nearly on top of it. Not willing to risk shooting him in the back Cid puts away his bow and draws his rapier.
    Actions
    Surprise: Move(Stealth) to O7.
    (Init: 23) 1st Round: Switch from Shortbow to Rapier
    Mini Stats

    Cididien 'Cid' Starion
    Initiative: +4
    Current Effects: None
    AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
    HP: 9/9
    Move: 30'
    CMB: +1 CMD: 15
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
    Weapon in Hand: Rapier

    Weapons:
    Dagger: Attack: +01 Damage: 1d4+1
    Rapier: Attack: +01 Damage: 1d6+1
    Shortbow: Attack: +04 Damage: 1d6
    Normal Arrows (20)

  • #43
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Cid moves up quietly as Kara and Belthasar take quick shots at the mutt in the tunnel. The crossbow bolt sinks deep into the creatures shoulder causing it to yelp out in pain.

    Dorian moves up to finish off the beast and it takes a nip at him missing. The cleric raises his morningstar high and delivers a crushing blow that sends the mutt to the ground dead.

    With the dog quieted the two men hear low growling coming from down the tunnel. Casting his light in that direction Dorian and Quentin see two more dogs on chain leashes being held by a small goblin.

    The creature struggles to keep the two creatures in check.

    OOC

    HM, just to clarify PC order, you are resolving actions by PC initiative, right? So the same PC will always go first?
    Yep, see below.

    INIT order:
    Cid
    Kara
    Belthasar
    Dorian
    Goblin
    Goblin dog
    Goblin dog
    Quentin

    Ok it is Round 1 of a new combat but am keeping INIT the same. Cid is up.

    Notes:
    - Could have moved Quentin to S-9 but then he would have suffered an AoO. Figured you didn't wish to risk it just yet.
    - Cid had another action left at the end of his round 1 but nowhere ot go with the others in the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CoC area 17b-1.jpg  
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #44
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rhydius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Posts
    198

    ° Ignore Rhydius
    "Alright tough guys, play it smart, bring 'em to us," Rhydius whispers to Dorian and Quentin.
    ooc
    HM do you want me to roll for the readied attack/damage now, or would you prefer to do so when/if it occurs?
    Actions
    Readying an attack against the first hostile creature to get within range.
    Mini Stats

    Cididien 'Cid' Starion
    Initiative: +4
    Current Effects: None
    AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
    HP: 9/9
    Move: 30'
    CMB: +1 CMD: 15
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
    Weapon in Hand: Rapier

    Weapons:
    Dagger: Attack: +01 Damage: 1d4+1
    Rapier: Attack: +01 Damage: 1d6+1
    Shortbow: Attack: +04 Damage: 1d6
    Normal Arrows (20)

  • #45
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,302

    ° Ignore mfloyd3
    My communities:

    Kara moves forward across the tunnel intersection and fires at these new foes.

    actions

    Move: Kara advances to P7
    Std: Fire xbow at dog in V13


    tactical note
    Kara is going to hold position at the tunnel intersection. If anything comes at us from that angle while we're flanking the dogs, she can use some of her spells to slow it down.


    Kara Starsplice stat block

    Initiative: +4
    AC: 15 (10 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 12 Current: 12
    CMB: -2 CMD: 12
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
    PER Roll: +2
    Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow

    Weapons:
    Weapon(Club): 0 = +0(BAB) -1 (Str) + 0 (feat) + 0 (item)+1 (size) +0 (magic) / 1d4-1 b 20/x2
    Weapon(Dagger): 0 = +0(BAB) -1 (Str) + 0 (feat) + 0 (item) +1 (size) 0 (magic) / 1d3-1 p or s 19-20/x2
    Weapon(light crossbow): +5 = +0(BAB) +4 (Dex) + 0 (feat) + 1 (size) +0 (magic) / 1d6 p 19-20/x2 rn 80ft
    Weapon(Club, thrown ): +5 = +0(BAB) +4 (Dex) + 0 (feat) + 1 (size) +0 (magic) / 1d4-1 b 20/x2 rn 10ft
    Weapon(Dagger, thrown ): +5 = +0(BAB) +4 (Dex) + 0 (feat) + 1 (size) +0 (magic) / 1d3-1 p 20/x2 rn 10ft
    Acidic Ray (Ranged Touch attack): +5 = +0(BAB) +4 (Dex) + 0 (feat) + 1 (size) +0 (magic), 30' range limit, 1d6 acid; 7 uses/day


    Sorcerer Spells: DC = 10 + spell level + 4 [CHA]
    Cantrips: 4: Mage Hand, Dancing Lights, Read Magic, Spark
    Level 1: 2 (4 uses/day): Grease (DC 15); Color Spray (DC 15)
    Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,




  • #46
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,326

    ° Ignore rangerjohn
    My communities:

    Balthasar holds posiion.

    OOC: Apparently, I designed poorly. Balthasar is a scholar, thats all he will contributing in these caves. His one range abilility is 25' or less.
    rangerjohn

  • #47
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    ° Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Dorian Greenleaf

    Dorian takes a step back so the others can guard his back and waits for the enemies to advance.

    OOC


    free: shift to P7
    standard: readying morningstar attack against the first hostile creature to get within range.

    ---

    HP: 13/13

    Ini: +2 - AC: 20
    CMB:+3 - CMD: 15
    Fort: +3 - Reflex: +2 - Will: +4

    Cleric Spells Prepared: DC = 10 + spell level + 2 [WIS]
    Cantrips:
    0 (3): Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
    1 (2+1): Bless, Shield of Faith - Enlarge Person
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #48
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    rangerjohn
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerjohn View Post
    Balthasar holds posiion.

    OOC: Apparently, I designed poorly. Balthasar is a scholar, thats all he will contributing in these caves. His one range abilility is 25' or less.
    You should try and make know checks to identify the monsters every combat - free action as it is still leaves you with actions though sorry.

    Guess you'll have to wait for your sword to manifest before you get to go toe to toe as well.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #49
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Kara steps up and tries to get a bead on the dog. But at the same time Dorian steps back into her and the shot ends up hitting the ceiling. (actually a miss do to cover but that was more fun.)

    As Belthasar and Cid ready themselves the goblin screams out a word in goblin as it throws the chains up in the air. Even for those who don't speak goblin the dogs reactions are more than enough to tell you it was goblin for ATTACK!

    Following the order the first dog advaces on Quentin while the other moves up to bite at Dorian. The cleric swings at it awkwardly as he wasn't quite ready yet. The dogs bite and scratch at the two warriors but don't make a dent in their armor.

    OOC

    Make sure to note where others said they were going. Specially if they go before you.

    INIT order:
    Cid
    Kara
    Belthasar
    Goblin
    Dorian
    Goblin dog
    Goblin dog
    Quentin <---- is up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CoC area 17b-2.jpg  
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #50
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,326

    ° Ignore rangerjohn
    My communities:

    "For the brain dead, he said attack." Belthasar informs.

    OOC: Uh, did I say scholar?
    Last edited by rangerjohn; Thursday, 28th June, 2012 at 02:58 AM.
    rangerjohn

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Weem and the Caves of Chaos
      By darjr in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: Sunday, 13th January, 2013, 07:54 PM
    2. Replies: 112
      Last Post: Tuesday, 6th November, 2012, 11:51 AM
    3. 5E: D&D Next- Caves of Chaos [RECRUITING]
      By Charwoman Gene in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th June, 2012, 05:39 PM
    4. The Caves of Chaos: Not very good?
      By fuzzlewump in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th May, 2012, 03:02 AM
    5. The travel to the caves of chaos
      By UngeheuerLich in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 29th May, 2012, 11:55 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •