Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

BBs

First Post
How many people are knocked out around the van? There's Walking Dad (James), and Shayuri (Michelle). I think I'm going for third trying to save them ... heheee, crap.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jacie won't be able to bring herself to investigate that strangeness till 'maybe Dave' is stable..
However I do know how she's going to justify getting herself and some others over there even after the bizarre 'watching three people approach and drop unconscious' fiasco... You'd assume after that people would start steering clear, but oh no.. she's got a plan. :D

Insight

Adventurer
Well, everyone is now unconscious... assuming Kyle follows Jacie over to the van.

This means that everyone needs to decide about their powers. As stated previously in this thread, your characters gain their powers as a result of contact with the "strange energy" coming from the van.

BUT... this does not mean that all of your character's powers appear at once. You can choose to have the powers appear incrementally, either by rank or by number of powers. For example, you might only acquire Flight now and then Blast and Quickness appear later on. Or you might have Flight 2 now and will eventually have Flight 5. It's completely up to the players to decide what powers the characters receive and how "powerful" they are when they wake up.

I will tell you that your characters will NOT have complete control of their powers right away. Therefore, it behooves the players to let the characters have an incremental power acquisition. That will allow the characters to "learn" to deal with their new powers as they come along.

You will see the results of the opposite - too much power, too soon - in short order...

SO -

I would like each of you to post here what powers and other abilities your character immediately receives. When this is done, I'll post what extra headaches you'll need to deal with in the short term.

You will be at 150pp by the end of this Prelude, so plan to have all that mapped out by then.

Walking Dad

First Post
POWERS
Fast Martial Arts: Enhanced Dodge 4, Enhanced Fighting 2 • 8 points

Super-Speed:
Quick Reaction: Enhanced Initiative 2
• 2 points
Super Movement (10 PP dynamic array):
Quickness 10 • 11 points
Speed 10 • 2 point
• Super Recovery: Regeneration 5 (persistent) • 2 point

Quickness & speed will not be active at first and he is "locked" in Regeneration mode

Shayuri

First Post
Michelle's powers are based on mental control of light, and a minor telekinetic faculty (also based on control of electromagnetic forces). The illusion power is linked to a light-bringing ability and a darkness ability, to reflect that if she creates an illusory flashlight, it can create an actual beam of light. If she makes the image of a cloud of smoke, it does hide those within it. Those two features are discretionary though, and may or may not be part of any given illusion she makes. The audio portion of the illusion is actually based on a telekinetically-induced vibration in the air...in the beginning, her illusions will be chaotic and uncontrollable and difficult to form coherently. As she practices she'll start to understand how to pull those mental strings to make what she wants.

In the future, I'll be adding the Radius to her vision, as she learns to detect light and 'see' via her power rather than depending solely on her eyes. She'll gain a personal invisibility power, and I'll add some protection and Agility to her telekinetic abilities. I want her to be able to take a hit, but her first defense will always be concealment and misdirection...so she's not as tough as other heroes of this PL. I'll be expanding her vision and illusions into infrared spectrums as well later. And giving her a visual dazzle as an AP from her illusion pool, and perhaps a laser-beam type attack as well...for those time when fooling people and blinding them don't get the job done. :)

I mean to give her a weak ranged TK effect as well, for use with her illusions, to give them the appearance of being able to manipulate objects in the environment. They still won't be solid of course, but as long as no one comes over to broslap one, they could very easily seem that way.

Immediate:
Photokinetic Images, 23pp
- Illusion 5 (Normal Vision/Hearing) 3pp/rank, linked to:
- Environment 1 (Light: bright) 2pp/rank, also linked to:
- Concealment 2 (Visual, Burst Area, Attack) 3pp/rank

Telekinetic Augmentation, 7pp
- Enhanced Trait: Str 3
- AP - Speed 1, Leaping 1, Safe Fall, Wall-Crawling

Insight

Adventurer
Immediate:
Photokinetic Images, 23pp
- Illusion 5 (Normal Vision/Hearing) 3pp/rank, linked to:
- Environment 1 (Light: bright) 2pp/rank, also linked to:
- Concealment 2 (Visual, Burst Area, Attack) 3pp/rank
For the time being, when Michelle uses her illusion power, roll a d20 (use the EN World die roller for this). On a result of 1, Michelle becomes fatigued and the power does not work. On a result of 2-9, the power does not work or works in some unintended way. On a result of 10-19, the power works as Michelle intended. A d20 result of 20 grants Michelle a Hero Point that can be used at any other time within the same combat encounter.
Telekinetic Augmentation, 7pp
- Enhanced Trait: Str 3
- AP - Speed 1, Leaping 1, Safe Fall, Wall-Crawling
When Michelle uses enhanced strength or one of the aforementioned movement modes, roll a d20. On a result of 1, it does not work and Michelle is fatigued. On a result of 2-9, it does not work, or works in some unintended manner. On a result of 10-19, the power works normally. On a result of 20, the power works as intended and Michelle is granted a Hero Point that must be used during the current encounter.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
POWERS
Fast Martial Arts: Enhanced Dodge 4, Enhanced Fighting 2 • 8 points
When Jim attacks someone, a d20 result of 1 causes Jim to become fatigued. A d20 result of 20 grants Jim a Hero Point that can be used at any other time within the same combat encounter.
Super-Speed:
Quick Reaction: Enhanced Initiative 2
• 2 points
No real effects for this.
Super Movement (10 PP dynamic array):
Quickness 10 • 11 points
Speed 10 • 2 point
Each time Jim moves faster than normal, roll a d20 (use the EN World die roller). On a result of 1, Jim moves normally and is fatigued. On a result of 2-9, Jim moves normally. On a result of 10-19, Jim moves as intended. On a result of 20, Jim moves as intended and gets a Hero Point that can be spent at any other point in the same encounter.
• Super Recovery: Regeneration 5 (persistent) • 2 point
No changes here.

Insight

Adventurer
ALSO -

I would really like to see some creative descriptions and roleplaying of the "discovery" of the characters' new powers!

Hero Points will be awarded accordingly!

Jemal

Adventurer
still pondering what to get immediately, will post soon.

I do have something to run by you though, couple questions:
I'm planning a powerset that's Removable, but isn't devices she's constructed or anything.
Her power basically lets her summon/form the devices for use with a bit of effort, and while they're NOT formed, her 'power' is stored in a removable necklace. I eventually plan (Assuming the campaign goes for a while) on using further gained pp to remove the 'removable' flaws on them as she realizes the whole 'the power comes from within you' shtick. (Possibly after a couple times when she uses hero points to summon her power after loosing a device)
Here's the description for it I have:
*Jacie can now summon her 'True Self' to the surface, Combing her Inner Gamer with her Athletic Desires. She creates from her mind a super-powered suit (Complete with helmet, boots, and power glove) to channel her power through. When she is not 'transformed', the power is 'stored' in the form of a pendant she wears around her neck - A silver D-pad.*

Second note on the subject of removable - a question came up in a M&M 3e thread I'm GMing that I have to ask your opinion on. Since she's going to have so many 'devices', it's kinda important.
Do you run the "-1 per 5" of removable as 1 for each FULL 5 points or for parts in between? EX: would 7 removable cost 6 pp or 5 pp?
I've always used the former for both playing and GMing, but it was pointed out to me that the example in the book supports the latter.

BBs

First Post
Well got the idea of John being a shapeshifting hard hitting tank. Someone who can dish a beating, and take it, with the uniqueness of being deceptive with shapeshifting powers. So far have these as powers if allowed.

Shapeshift limited to normal sized humanoid (between 4 and 6 feet tall) and colour - Rank 1 (+2 to Deception, +2 to Persuasion, +6 to Stealth) = 8 pp
Paragon Body (Enhanced Traits) - 3 STR = 6 pp, 3 STA + Impervious = 9 pp, 2 FGT = 4 pp
Immunity: Aging = 1 pp
Leaping Rank 1 = 1 pp
Power Lifting Rank 1 = 1 pp

total so far = 30

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases