Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well, everyone is now unconscious... assuming Kyle follows Jacie over to the van.

This means that everyone needs to decide about their powers. As stated previously in this thread, your characters gain their powers as a result of contact with the "strange energy" coming from the van.

BUT... this does not mean that all of your character's powers appear at once. You can choose to have the powers appear incrementally, either by rank or by number of powers. For example, you might only acquire Flight now and then Blast and Quickness appear later on. Or you might have Flight 2 now and will eventually have Flight 5. It's completely up to the players to decide what powers the characters receive and how "powerful" they are when they wake up.

I will tell you that your characters will NOT have complete control of their powers right away. Therefore, it behooves the players to let the characters have an incremental power acquisition. That will allow the characters to "learn" to deal with their new powers as they come along.

You will see the results of the opposite - too much power, too soon - in short order...

SO -

I would like each of you to post here what powers and other abilities your character immediately receives. When this is done, I'll post what extra headaches you'll need to deal with in the short term.

You will be at 150pp by the end of this Prelude, so plan to have all that mapped out by then.

Have to head out the door in 20 mins.

Are you saying we should outline our powers using the remaining PP? Not redo are characters.

I really just want Marcus to develop "sticky fingers" the first day (In Game) or so. He will start to notice his palms sweating a lot and then things (pens, phone, etc.) will get stuck to his hands and he needs to peel them off.

I will outline all the powers first thing tonight.

HM

Insight

Adventurer
Have to head out the door in 20 mins.

Are you saying we should outline our powers using the remaining PP? Not redo are characters.

I really just want Marcus to develop "sticky fingers" the first day (In Game) or so. He will start to notice his palms sweating a lot and then things (pens, phone, etc.) will get stuck to his hands and he needs to peel them off.

I will outline all the powers first thing tonight.

HM

Yes. The idea is that you use the remaining pp (150 minus however many you spent on the character already) to buy your powers and any other extraordinary abilities, advantages, etc... to get up to 150pp. This can be done all at once or added incrementally as the prelude goes on.

I suppose if the character concept warranted it, you could take away things your character had as a mundane and replace them with other abilities. You do have that sort of transformative purview at your disposal.

Insight

Adventurer
I'm going to give the players a few days to decide on their powers before moving the IC forward. Your characters will awaken, one at a time, with whatever powers you decide they have right now.

There will definitely be something for you guys to do right out of the gate.

Shayuri

First Post
I haven't totally finished the 150 point version, but I think I'm ready to move forward for now. The smaller power package I mentioned before will work for the prelude.

I'm looking forward to RPing the goofups with the TK augmentation. :)

I envision her illusion power as sort of being a nuisence right now...manifesting little lights and patterns in accordance with her mood and thoughts, and her learning to control it from that. So the "you power doesn't work" result might mean it's just a blob of squiggly light rather than an actual image...if that's okay. One of her initial challenges is figuring out how to make it -stop-. :)

BBs

First Post
I've finished the 150 pp version, should we just post it in RG, and show what powers we have so far active?

Insight

Adventurer
I've finished the 150 pp version, should we just post it in RG, and show what powers we have so far active?

That's fine. If you could JUST post what is active now and then sblock the remainder, that might be easier to decipher.

Jemal

Adventurer
Still waiting a response
I do have something to run by you though, couple questions:
I'm planning a powerset that's Removable, but isn't devices she's constructed or anything.
Her power basically lets her summon/form the devices for use with a bit of effort, and while they're NOT formed, her 'power' is stored in a removable necklace. I eventually plan (Assuming the campaign goes for a while) on using further gained pp to remove the 'removable' flaws on them as she realizes the whole 'the power comes from within you' shtick. (Possibly after a couple times when she uses hero points to summon her power after loosing a device)
Here's the description for it I have:
*Jacie can now summon her 'True Self' to the surface, Combing her Inner Gamer with her Athletic Desires. She creates from her mind a super-powered suit (Complete with helmet, boots, and power glove) to channel her power through. When she is not 'transformed', the power is 'stored' in the form of a pendant she wears around her neck - A silver D-pad.*

Second note on the subject of removable - a question came up in a M&M 3e thread I'm GMing that I have to ask your opinion on. Since she's going to have so many 'devices', it's kinda important.
Do you run the "-1 per 5" of removable as 1 for each FULL 5 points or for parts in between? EX: would 7 removable cost 6 pp or 5 pp?
I've always used the former for both playing and GMing, but it was pointed out to me that the example in the book supports the latter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases