Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Insight

Adventurer
Still waiting a response

I really only see one question in there, so I'll answer that.

Looking at the Removeable flaw, it seems to me that the -1 per 5 points leaves some room for confusion vis-a-vis how to calculate effects that do not cost a number of pp easily divisible by 5.

I'm not sure if this is specified anywhere, but I'd like to rule in favor of the players whenever possible. So, if you have a fraction at .5, round it up (or down) depending on which is more favorable for the character (in this case, round the reduction UP).

So, if you have an effect that costs 7pp pre-flaw, the Removeable flaw would reduce it to (7 / 5 = 1.4 reduction, or 1pp) 6pp. If the effect cost was 8pp pre-flaw, the Removeable flaw would reduce it to (8 / 5 = 1.6 reduction, or 2pp) 6pp.

It seems to me that you're better off creating effects that are 3pp, 8pp, or some derivation thereof.

This is a tad gamist, though, so I don't know how happy I'll be with an extreme amount of bean counting and corner-cutting here.

Jemal

Adventurer
Upon closer inspection I've come to the realization that any way you do it will be equal. Each method will have 'optimal' numbers.
The way I do it (always round down) will have 5 and 10
The other way (always round up) will be 6 and 1
The way you suggested (in between) has 3 and 8.

So I guess it's just a matter of preference, none is any more or less balanced than the others now that I've crunched it.

As to the other question, I was just posting my idea to see if you had any problems with it. I'll assume not since you didn't say anything. Was just wondering if you'd have any problems with that form of 'device'

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
Hiding this so as not to disrupt what you are doing.

Here is my attempt at spending the last 75 PP on powers. I'm not sure how it works with the Power Levels and all. But I guess like anything I'll learn as I make more characters.

The powers are listed at their max potential. To start I think I would like everything to be at 25% and then build from there.

Total when powers are at their "Prime"

Create 20 = 21 pts
Dazzle(sight) 10 = 10 pts
Damage 16 = 14 pts
Movement(Wall-crawling) 1 = 2 pts
Snare 10 = 28 pts
Strike 5 = 3 pts

Create(Control) Action: Standard • Range: Ranged Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank
Extras: Innate (+1 pt flat)
Flaws: Permanent(+0/rank), Proportional(-1/rank)

Dazzle(sight) Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Limited to One Sense • 2 points per rank
Flaw: Grab-Based –1 per rank

Damage(Attack) Action: Standard • Range: Close Duration: Instant • Cost: 1 point per rank
Flaw: Diminished Range 2 (-2 flat) range = 5ft x power rank

Movement(Movement) Action: Free • Range: Personal Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank

Snare(Attack) Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Extra Condition, Resisted by Dodge, Limited Degree • 3 points per rank

Strike(Attack) Effect: Damage • 1 point per rank
Flaws: Removable(easily) (-2/5pts Flat)[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Hiding this so as not to disrupt what you are doing.

Here is my attempt at spending the last 75 PP on powers. I'm not sure how it works with the Power Levels and all. But I guess like anything I'll learn as I make more characters.

The powers are listed at their max potential. To start I think I would like everything to be at 25% and then build from there.

Total when powers are at their "Prime"

Create 20 = 21 pts
Dazzle(sight) 10 = 10 pts
Damage 16 = 14 pts
Movement(Wall-crawling) 1 = 2 pts
Snare 10 = 28 pts
Strike 5 = 3 pts

Create(Control) Action: Standard • Range: Ranged Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank
Extras: Innate (+1 pt flat)
Flaws: Permanent(+0/rank), Proportional(-1/rank)

Dazzle(sight) Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Limited to One Sense • 2 points per rank
Flaw: Grab-Based –1 per rank

Damage(Attack) Action: Standard • Range: Close Duration: Instant • Cost: 1 point per rank

Movement(Movement) Action: Free • Range: Personal Duration: Sustained • Cost: 2 points per rank

Snare(Attack) Effect: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction, Extra Condition, Resisted by Dodge, Limited Degree • 3 points per rank

Strike(Attack) Effect: Damage • 1 point per rank
Flaws: Removable(easily) (-2/5pts Flat)[/sblock]

[sblock=HM]I guess my first question would be in concept. What is your vision of this character's powers? Is there a theme to them?

Second, and this is more of a mechanical thing. Damage by itself has no range (it is basically a melee attack). In order to make it ranged, you have to add 1pp/rank to increase the range to "Ranged". Your flaw would not apply in the power's current state because the power has no range beyond punching distance.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
K, I think I'm gonna give Jacie her powers one 'item' at a time, so we'll start with the most dramatic of them : The power glove. (More an 'arm cannon' than a glove really)

Power Glove: (8+33-8 Removable -1 Quirk -1 Move Activation = 31pp)
*Quirk: The Glove takes up Jacies entire arm, preventing her from using that hand for anything else.*
Enhanced Defenses: +8 Parry - 8pp
Damage Array: (30 point pool + 3 Alternate = 33 pp)
Gun Standard Shot (30)
-Damage 8 (Ranged+1, Multi-attack+1, AccurateX6) *3/rank+6=30*
Gun Charge Stream (30) *Alt Effect*
-Damage 10 (Area: Line+2) *3/rank=30*
Gun Charge Shot (30) *Alt Effect*
-Damage 12 (Ranged+1, AccurateX4, Homing, Extended RangeX2, Improved Crit) *2/rank+8=30*
Beam Saber (30) *Alt Effect*
-Damage 10 (Penetrating+1, AccurateX5, Improved Defense, Improved CritX4) *2/rank+10=30*

I'd also like to use the last 6 points of her 'original' 75 to up her dodge/parry by 3 base each. Not really 'powers' so much as it is her 'limitations' being lifted.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Working on Character]

The powers all come from the same source. An unknown sticky substance that is constantly coming out of Marcus's hands, this stuff hardens a few seconds after leaving his hands . He will learn to generate more and more at a time and then to mold it like clay.

This allows for the wall crawling. As he sticks to walls. Can't hang upside down though.

He will be able to create walls, slides, poles, etc. But thinking that this will not be instantaneous will take time to build.

The dazzle is when he slaps someone over the eyes and the stuff blinds them.

The damage and snare are for when he throws the stuff. Snaring them as people are hit by the sticky glue and then it hardens around them.

Damage for when the stuff hits, like through rocks or concrete blocks at someone.

Strike was for when he creates weapons like a baseball bat or club.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not secret just didn't want to get in the middle of Jemal and Insight's discussion. sblocks help make their conversation flow smoother.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=HM]Just looked at it and "Create 20" is impossible, as Create is powercapped to PL because of the "Dropping Objects" part of the power.

Also Damage 16 means a maximum attack bonus of +4 at PL 10 or +2 at PL 9. Why this s possible I just want to remind you of the limit. Note that you can increase the attack bonus of individual powers by taking the Accurate modifier.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Hello!

I'll be posting in the IC tomorrow (Friday). Michelle will be the first to awaken, and then in the order that the PCs fell unconscious (essentially, you will all be unconscious for roughly the same period of time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases