Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
I believe the only proper response is..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_THfem71xsE]DBZ - Vegeta's Power Up/Final Flash, Against Recoome - Ocean/FUNI/Kai Dub Comparison. - YouTube[/ame]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmmm - very good questions...

1) I'm not sure what Insight had in mind and I'm not good at down grading the villains as of yet, so everyone should be a PL10 superhero.

2) A little of both actually once I get a feel for your character I will use them to make suggestions and such. I also will need to look over what they can do and such before I get involved with using them for RP.

3) Go right ahead. I think we will be tweaking all these characters during this fight and have them ready for when we start the first module.

HM

Graybeard

Explorer
Excellent news HolyMan. I have not had any luck in actually playing these modules. All the other times the game has crashed and burned before the intro is over.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, so I've posted the full-powered/upgraded version of Jacie to the RG. 2 points unspent.

One note, I made a Feature: Showoff/Effortless Effort(One use of Extra Effort that doesn't cause Fatigue)
I based this off the Luck advantage, which simulates a Hero Point re-roll. This feature basically simulates the other primary use of Hero points (Negating the fatigue of extra effort).
Is that ok?

Also, redoing my IC post to reflect changes in character.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION], was looking over Greyhound, and noticed your Super speed/Super healing power. It looks like an Alternate Effect, is that correct? So basically each round you decide to either be super-fast or fast healing?
Intriguing.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Yes, it is like focusing his speed inwards to his regenerative functions. It takes enough concentration to exclude extreme running or doing quick routine tasks, but he can still fight.
His biggest weakness are attacks not against dodge/parry and that he has no real ranged attack option.

Shayuri

First Post
And famous last words.

But here she is.

[sblock=Michelle Lindberg - PL 10 (150PP)]

Abilities: 46pp
STR 0 (0pp)
STA 2 (4pp)
DEX 4 (8pp)
AGI 4 (8pp)
FGT 1 (2pp)
INT 4 (8pp)
AWE 4 (8pp)
PRE 4 (8pp)

Offenses:
Initiative: +4 (4 agi)
Melee Attack: +1 (1 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +4 (4 dex)
Specific Attacks:

Defenses: (14 pp)
Dodge: +9 (5 base + 4 agi)
Parry: +2 (1 base + 1 fgt)
Toughness: +4 (2 sta + 2 advantage)
Fort +7 (5 base + 2 sta)
Will +7 (3 base + 4 awe)

Skills: (30 ranks) 15pp
Athletics +1 (1 rank +0)
Deception +9 (6 ranks + 3 Pre)
Expertise: Finanical +8 (5 ranks + 3 Int)
Insight +5 (2 rank + 3 Awe)
Intimidation +9 (6 ranks + 3 Pre)
Perception +6 (3 ranks + 3 awe)
Persuasion +9 (6 ranks + 3 pre)
Technology +4 (1 rank + 3 int)

Advantages: 6 pp
Attractive (looks great in a power suit) 1
Connected (she knows a lot of admin assistants and secretaries) 1
Defensive Roll 2
Languages (her mother is Japanese-american from the States, and she learned the language growing up) 1
Equipment (5 pts) 1

Powers:
POWERS 41
Invisibility (Concealment: All Visual, PF Selective +4) 9pp
Super Senses (Radius (Sight) 1, Low Light Vision 1) +2 2pp

Photokinesis Array 69pp
Illusion (Visual + Auditory, Duration: Sustained, PF Area Progression +1) +8 33pp
- Link: Environment 1 (Light: Bright) 2pp/rank; 2pp
- Link: Concealment 2 (Visual, Burst Area, Attack) 3pp/rank; 6pp
PF: Damage 10 (Ranged, Multiattack, PF Accurate 1, PF Precise 1, PF Imp Range 1, Indirect 4) 1pp
PF: Affliction (Dazzle) 10 (Ranged, Burst Area, Selective Attack, Cumulative, Limited to Vision) 1pp

Telekinetic Array 15pp
Telekinesis (Perception, PF Subtle, PF Precise) +3 11pp
PF: Enhanced Str (Psychic) +10, 1pp
PF: Protection (Only against physical attacks, Impervious, Sustained, Subtle) +6, 1pp
PF: Leap (Psychic) +3, Speed (Psychic) +2, Super Movement: Wallcrawling +2, Safe Fall +1, 1pp

Complications:
Driven - When Michelle encounters obstacles to her goals, she doesn't give up or change course easily; the more challenging, the more obsessed she gets with overcoming it.
Center of Attention - Michelle likes to feel important, to be noticed; tends to showboat.
Motivation: Life of Comfort - Michelle desires to be wealthy and retire early and in comfort.

COST: 46 Abilities + 15 Skills + 6 Advantages + 69 Powers + 14 Defenses = 150/150

Background:
Michelle is from a working class family in rural Canada, and her demanding work ethic is almost entirely based on her desire to escape that background and never return to it. She has an unshakable faith in herself, and an equally
relentless drive to master her full potential and capitalize on it. At her worst she is arrogant and unforgiving, often insensitive to the feelings or plight of others. At her best, she has an enormous drive to succeed, demanding no less of herself than of others and is an engine of brilliant, out-of-the-box ideas.

Unfortunately though, it has been very difficult for her to get ahead in her chosen field of finance. Hampered in part by her own overconfident recklessness, and in part by institutional resistance and opportunistic bosses, Michelle has not been able to advance nearly as far or as fast as she'd like. Currently she is the administrative assistant to a vice president in an investment bank, having moved to Emerald City in search of better prospects.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
So that's it. Everytime I see a defense stat they didn't have a plus.

That little "+" makes everything fit now. So you need to roll a defense.

Off to work will update tonight.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
Re-reading my post, I realize I was being very weird with all those actions.

So here's what I'm doing. :)

Standard action to create illusion and a move to get away. I don't -think- I need a move action to move the illusion, since I can Sustain it without concentration. I'll need to doublecheck.

However, to fire a laser I'd need another standard action. I could use Extra Effort, but then I couldn't use my hero point to reroll unless I took the fatigue.

So I think that's what I'm gonna do. Extra Effort for the laser beam, take the fatigue, then HP to reroll the Bluff.

Hee. It would have been so much simpler just to turn invisible. But working out good tactics will be something she'll have to do with practice.

However, I shall have her telekinetic power focused on the Protection effect, just in case DM picks the right target.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases