Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Walking Dad

First Post
So that's it. Everytime I see a defense stat they didn't have a plus.

That little "+" makes everything fit now. So you need to roll a defense.

Off to work will update tonight.

HM
The "+" means that defenses are used both as DCs for attacks and for "saving rolls".
Standard attacks (ranged & closed non-area) are against the DC. You get the DC by assume a routine check (3e term for "take 10") on the defense roll (similar like D&D adds a 10 in its AC math).*
Area attacks (for example) have usually a dodge DC determined by the effect level +10. The attacked party rolls Dodge and adds a 10.

So, usually only one side rolls a die during the attack.

*But there is the defense action that allows a roll instead and you roll a 10 to any roll below 11.

Jemal

Adventurer
Yeah, basically what WD said. Her "AC" is 21, but whenever she has to make a dodge/parry check, she rolls 1d20+11 (Such as if she takes the defend action, or is caught in an area effect attack)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
My first read through of the rules must have been while I was half asleep. Or maybe I took things for granted as they are like 3.5 somewhat.

But still learning here so I hope everyone is ok with my growing pains.

Trying to go over rd 2.

For Jacie I wish to forgo the dodge roll to avoid the power and have her auto trapped, but in turn as a free action next round she can blast her way out. As this adds to the drama and that is always a good thing. ;)

For speed during pbp I think it best that I roll any defense checks for your characters soothers will know and be able to post their actions based on the info.

Speaking of posting actions - please OOC in your actions and label them for me (listing related power as well) Example WD - you said you could suit up as a free action do to Quickness - But I don't see that power listed on your sheet. I was looking for it's power rank to see how long it took. Getting dressed [time rank 5] - Power rank = time to don suit (and only -2 rank or lower actions get to be free)

Ok going to do some updating and see if we can get everything straight here.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Speed Power Profile:

In a blur of motion, you can instantly change your
clothes, allowing you to switch into your costume
(for example) or back into civilian garb. If you have
5 or more ranks of Fast Action (following), then you
don’t need this feature, as it can do the same thing.

Fast Action: Quickness • 1 point per rank.

Greyhound has quickness 10.
I will work on my ooc stuff, I just thought I add some flavor to the Initiative check roll by describing the free action.

OOC:
Free action: change clothes (quickness 10)

It is just over the recovery power (which is an alternate power, channeling his speed inward).

Super-Speed:
Quick Reaction: Enhanced Initiative 3
• 3 points
Super Movement: Quickness 10, Speed 15 (64,000 MPH)• 25 points
• Super Recovery: Regeneration 10 (persistent) • 1 point
bbm

Jemal

Adventurer
**Moving on Tuesday, Not sure how long till I have internet at the new place, so may be posting off my phone for a while, so will likely be slow.
Also be pretty busy packing & moving the next couple days.

So in general, my posting will likely be intermittent for the next week or two.
Apologies.

Also, I think we missed an opportunity.. Michelle vs Lightshow.. battle of the Dazzlers.

BBs

First Post
sorry for being slow and missing this, but are we suppose to be at our 150 pp form now instead of a powering up style thing?

Walking Dad

First Post
Mongoose girl actually failed her toughness check by three degrees.

Greyhound hit a 30, which is two degrees over the parry DC (21). This increases her toughness DC by 2 to 26. 26-16= 10 = 2 degrees (-2 of further toughness saves and dazed).
Or did I miss something?

This may sound like his attack is really powerful, but I gambled for a nearly full power attack and rolled a 19.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I thought degrees were measured in 5 point increments. At work now so don't have access to my pdf.

If you have a skill or power that changes that please let me know.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
sorry for being slow and missing this, but are we suppose to be at our 150 pp form now instead of a powering up style thing?

Correct everyone should be at full power - I figured your character would be a lot stronger than Octaman so hence the RP break out of his grip.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases