Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Note I know there's no map but Death Magnetic moved to within melee her last round.

All that shooting I was wondering how Jacie is in melee so had the sign toting D-M get to within striking range.

Wanted you to know if that should change your options.

EDIT: btw what did you think of her calling you Power Gamer?

HM

Jemal

Adventurer
Bringing out the melee blade is what I meant with option 1, actually.

And I liked 'power gamer', think I might use that. :D

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm!

I am mystified.

The latest update didn't include any kind of description of Death Magnetic's reaction to my action. That's happened more than once too.

Holy, is there something I need to change about how I post? I've noticed that there have been a couple times now, in several games, where your updates don't include the results or effects of my character's actions.

Shayuri

First Post
Roffle

I was gonna go with something more like, "I have a lot of games to post to, and you often post kind of late...or very late...so I sometimes don't see your posts in time, or otherwise miss them."

But yeah, that's possible too. :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To Shayuri -

Actually I really like (not a strong enough word) your posting. Just recently I have been trying to stop myself from re-posting others actions especially when they have already put them into a good post.

I use to do that but then it got confusing who had gone and what they did as I would try and post the same actions only with a different vibe or description, then add the NPC/monsters reaction or action for the round.

Now I am trying only to post those who haven't gone yet or give more info to those that didn't get/give enough info to post a full action.

Sorry if you thought I was skipping you I wasn't. If a post looks good enough to "hold it's own" then I am looking to let them slide so it doesn't look like a character has gone again in the current round.

NOTE: You said you were looking for a reaction from Death Magnetic but that really wouldn't happen till her turn. And I think you are referring to the Rise of the Runelord game where I have let Khepri's post stand on their own due to the great posting job - specially when she was trying to fight while dealing with conflicting emotions.

Forever your friend and servant -

HolyMan

Shayuri

First Post
Ah! Okay, I guess it's just a sort of difference in timing or expectation then...

This is mostly an in-combat thing, as well. I write my combat posts in an open-ended style...which is to say I post what I do, but do not conclude with the results of that action. That's because I figure the GM will then fill in the results based on his own knowledge of the conditions (enemy defenses, saves, etc).

I'm not asking that you repost what I write. Just include something that tells me what the results of my posted actions are. There's been times I didn't know if I hit or missed, for example.

Things like the darkness could easily be handled in the next Death Magnetic post too, since it has no direct effect until she tries to act. That's fine. It's useful though for me...just on a psychological basis if nothing else...to have some kind of description of what happens because of my actions. It gives me that little 'yay' feeling that makes me want to post more, to say nothing of just helping me make tactical decisions about what to do next. :)

Thanks for the response and explanation!

Graybeard

Explorer
I think my character Kyle would be best used to handle the fires. His ice control powers should be able to counter the effects of the fire.

Jemal

Adventurer
I Agree, and johns probably our best bet for the strength challenge(s). I know he'd probly want to do the speaking, being the celeb and all, but he's our only strongman.
Jacie can handle the speaking, Or clearing the obstacles for the vehicles with her blasts.

Shayuri

First Post
That is not actually true... :)

Michelle's TK is actually very strong when she channels it through her body. She can increase her effective Strength to rank 10. She can also easily scale and leap to high places.

Her Persuasion is also +9, so she'd be fine talking too.

Remove ads