Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
So upon rechecking the characters I note that none are female yet. So I'm going to rework JC into Jacie. I think the cocky, smart, bad-ass pro gamer Chick is more entertaining than the dude version.
Will post the minor changes soon.

Shayuri

First Post
Mine's female!

Jemal, I am not sure what you mean by 'pro gamer.' What is that, exactly?

As for me, I'm doing up my 75pp sheet...looking at someone who's innate potential is being smothered by the cold realities of the job market. Perhaps an accountant or an admin assistant. Someone who is at once pedestrian, but longing to be more.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Here's what I have for a character so far...

[sblock=Marcus]
Marcus

STRENGTH 0 (0pts)
AGILITY 2 (4pts)
FIGHTING 0 (0pts)
AWARENESS 2 (4pts)
STAMINA 2 (4pts)
DEXTERITY 3 (6pts)
INTELLECT 1 (2pts)
PRESENCE 4 (8pts)

Total: 28pts

POWERS - none

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Attack, Improvised Weapon, Equipment x4, Benefit: Wealth x1, Well Informed, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll x2, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate:persausion x1,

EQUIPMENT
-STATELY MANOR
Size: Huge Toughness: 10 Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Dock, Garage, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop • 19 points;
- Cell Phone

SKILLS
Acrobatics 1 (+3)
Athletics 1 (+1)
Close Combat 0 (+0)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise:Current Event 4 (+5)
Expertise:pop culture 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 0 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+3)
Perception 1 (+3)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat 0 (+3)
Sleight of Hand 0 (NA)
Stealth 1 (+3)
Technology 1 (+2)
Treatment 0 (NA)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +2

DEFENSE

DODGE 3 (+1pt)
FORTITUDE 4 (+2pt)
PARRY 1(+1pt)
TOUGHNESS 2 (4 with Defensive Roll)
WILL 4 (+2pts)

COMPLICATIONS
Identity: Marcus Holmes
Motivation: Thrill
Fame: National reknown achorman
Reponsibility: Having a full time job is taxing on Marcus's free time.

Power Point Summary: Abilities 28 PP + Defense 6 PP + Skills 12 PP + Advantages 14 PP + Powers 0 PP = 60 PP[/sblock]

I still have 15 pts left crazy.

Background pending he started off an eccentric doctor turned scientist into a blockbuster actor and now I am working on the famous evening anchorman for WECN (Emerald City News).

And don't even ask me about powers that has changed just as often. :p

HM

Jemal

Adventurer
Mine's female!

Jemal, I am not sure what you mean by 'pro gamer.' What is that, exactly?

I take it you don't watch many Esports. Professional gamers are people who play games for a living, going around winning tournaments, getting sponsorships, etc. Mostly FPS, Starcraft 2, LOL, and WOW pvp.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh! Hah! Okay, gotcha. Hee, I saw her skills/feats and was thinking it must be some kind of 'extreme sport' or something. She must have a lot of hobbies. :)

As for powers, I realize it's early, but just to make sure I shan't be stepping on toes, I'm planning on leveraging the Illusion power as a core ability and 'theme' for some other abilities.

Jemal

Adventurer
Actually funny you should mention that, as I hadn't posted the background yet, but she actually is a sports enthusiast, she became a gamer b/c she's better at it.

I was actually pondering taking special movement: Free Running(Parkour), but realized that all of my super-power concepts have movement modes which would make it useless (Speed, Flight, Teleport).

Here's the updated character sheet with background:

[sblock=Jacie]Jacie - PL 5 (75PP)

Abilities: 24pp
STR 0
STA 1 (2pp)
DEX 1 (2pp)
AGI 2 (4pp)
FGT 0
INT 4 (8pp)
AWE 2 (4pp)
PRE 2 (4pp)

Offenses:
Initiative: +2 (2 agi)
Melee Attack: +0 (0 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +0 (0 dex)
Specific Attacks:

Defenses: (9 pp)
Dodge: +3 (1 base + 2 agi)
Parry: +1 (1 base + 0 fgt)
Toughness: +1 (1 sta)
Fort +3 (2 base + 1 sta)
Will +7 (5 base + 2 awe)

Skills: (66 ranks= 33pp)
Acrobatics(+5/3), Athletics (+5/5), Deception(+12/10), Insight(+12/10), Investigation(+10/6), Perception(+12/10), Persuassion(+10/8), Technology(+6/2), Expertise: Eclectic Knowledge (+10/6), Expertise: Gaming (+10/6)

Advantages: 8 pp
Attractive, Fearless*See Complications*, Luck 2, Taunt, Skill Mastery: Deception
Benefit: Status & Wealth 1 (Pro Gamer), *Quirk/Limitation: Jacie's status and wealth are both dependant on her attending (and doing well in) Gaming tournaments a few times a year. Also her status is only useful with geeks and e-sports fans.*
Benefit: Eclectic Knowledge *Jacie does a lot of studying and reading and has gathered a lot of information on a wide array of subjects: Make in place of expertise checks, but ONLY to know things, not do things*

Powers:
Feature: Special Effect (Music) (1pp) - There always tends to be a fitting song on whenever something important/interesting is happening in Jacie's life.

Complications:
Motivation: The Challenge - Jacie is always looking for the next challenging thing to conquer.
Arachnaphobic - Jacie is fairly jaded, and not much tends to phase her.. except spiders.. *shudder*
Caffeine Addiction - As a Pro Gamer, Jacie practically lives off Caffeine, and doesn't do so well without it.

COST: 24 Abilities + 33 Skills + 8 Advantages + 1 Powers + 9 Defenses = 75/75
Background:
Jacie was a highschool athlete, loving the thrill and adrenaline rush. She wasn't bad at it, but never quite the best, either, having always been more mentally gifted than physically. She has tried her hand at several sports - Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, and then some more extreme sports, including Parkour, Snowboarding, Sky diving, and Base Jumping.
Her boyfriend in college introduced her to the gaming circuit, and she found that the rush of a good game was very similar, but that there was one major difference - In this, her intellect was a great advantage.
After about a year of gaming, Jacie had made it into the pro circuit, and has been playing in professional tournaments for over a year now.

The 24 year old red-head still tries to keep in shape and occasionally enjoys her less cerebral activities when she has a chance.
[/sblock]

Also every skill has a purpose related to her background/profession.
Athletics/Acrobatics: Sports enthusiast.
Investigate: Gamers need research to keep up to date.
Perception: Situational Awareness is key in fast paced games.
Deception(Along with Skill mastery/Taunt Advantages): Mind games!
Insight: Good, educated guesswork can turn a bad situation into a good one.
Persuasion: OK, this one's just me - can't bring myself to play a pretty girl without it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases