Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, two things for Insight -
First off, I'm going to be out of town from the 19th-24th, heading way up north, not sure if my phone will get service up there, if not no posting. I didn't think it'd be a problem b/c your original start date was July 1st, but now that you've pushed it up to the 20th (which is right after I leave), I wanted to make you aware of that.

Second, I've been going over some of my super-power concepts, and the one I'm leaning towards most heavily is the Telekinesis Superman(Er.. woman), which leads me to ask something of you.

I've been building the powers as a Dynamic array - Move object, Flight, Enhanced Strength, Force Field(Protection), etc... And I was thinking that with the depth of different things I'm using it for, it may be simpler to just use the Variable power structure and note the most common powers she uses, with the variable limiter being Telekinetic. I figured though that I should ask you first before I continued, b/c many GMs have problems with Variable being too powerful.

In truth it would add a bit of versatility to the character and simplify the building process, but my overall power would go down b/c I wouldn't be able to afford to use full strength, protection, and flight at the same time (Which was kinda what I was going for, actually - a super who seems REALLY strong, REALLY invulnerable, REALLY fast flier, etc.. except she's playing a game, trying to make it seem like she's better than she is, b/c she cant use her TK to simulate ALL of those powers at max at the same time.

So which would you prefer? Variable or Dynamic Array?

PS, my backup Power Idea is short-range (Combat) Teleportation with enhanced stats - Nightcrawler style combat. Still fun, but I'd prefer the TK.

Insight

Adventurer
First off, I'm going to be out of town from the 19th-24th, heading way up north, not sure if my phone will get service up there, if not no posting. I didn't think it'd be a problem b/c your original start date was July 1st, but now that you've pushed it up to the 20th (which is right after I leave), I wanted to make you aware of that.

It kinda depends on how fast the game goes. I predict that the game will just be starting when you return. I can't imagine you'll be missing a whole lot.

Second, I've been going over some of my super-power concepts, and the one I'm leaning towards most heavily is the Telekinesis Superman(Er.. woman), which leads me to ask something of you.

I've been building the powers as a Dynamic array - Move object, Flight, Enhanced Strength, Force Field(Protection), etc... And I was thinking that with the depth of different things I'm using it for, it may be simpler to just use the Variable power structure and note the most common powers she uses, with the variable limiter being Telekinetic. I figured though that I should ask you first before I continued, b/c many GMs have problems with Variable being too powerful.

In truth it would add a bit of versatility to the character and simplify the building process, but my overall power would go down b/c I wouldn't be able to afford to use full strength, protection, and flight at the same time (Which was kinda what I was going for, actually - a super who seems REALLY strong, REALLY invulnerable, REALLY fast flier, etc.. except she's playing a game, trying to make it seem like she's better than she is, b/c she cant use her TK to simulate ALL of those powers at max at the same time.

So which would you prefer? Variable or Dynamic Array?

PS, my backup Power Idea is short-range (Combat) Teleportation with enhanced stats - Nightcrawler style combat. Still fun, but I'd prefer the TK.

I'm OK with the variable array, but I'll have to re-read the 3rd ed version of that power structure. It's been a while since I've looked at how variable works in 3rd ed. I'll have a definitive answer for you by tomorrow.

Jemal

Adventurer
basically, it's 7pp/rank for 5pp that can be re-allocated as a Standard Action to any powers that fit the variable descriptor (In this case TK)

I'd plan on putting probly 9 ranks in it, giving me 45pp to allocate between powers that could be simulated with TK.
The ones I've been planning on using:
Move object(Obviously)
Move Object w/Area Effect (Lifting multiple things)
Enhanced Strength
Enhanced Stamina
Force Field (Protection, possibly Impervious, and ability to add Immunity: Environmental Effects
Flight

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Speaking of powers I have decided on a few things, even though I'm not sure how we get powers In Game.

But for powers they will come from the fact that Marcus's hands not secret a sticky substance that hardens when it leaves his hands. Problem is he can't turn it off.

Powers:
Wall crawling as he sticks to walls (leaves behind a trail though)
Throwing the stuff =
a) Entrapping others (need help here can't find a matching power) if they are close then they get hit while the substance is still "juicy" and then it hardens trapping hands, legs, encasing weapons, etc.
b) Blunt range attack if they are further away (say 10' or more) Thrown weapon I guess?
c) Create objects - The create power he can make things out of the stuff as he kinds of molds it like clay and let's it harden.

Later I was thinking of a change where he turns into the stuff and gains Elongation, Morphing, and such. The Sticky Blob :)

HM

Jemal

Adventurer
HM -
For Entrapping there is a 'snare' example power on page 131
For the ranged attack I'd just go with a Ranged damage effect, with a limited range. If you want it to be strength powered you could add that too.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks - I'll look those up.

My problem is I'm an old gamer I like books in hand. Reading pdf's is so... I don't know but I know I miss a lot of stuff as it tires out my eyes.

Anything I should do with those last 15 pts??

HM

Insight

Adventurer
Thanks - I'll look those up.

My problem is I'm an old gamer I like books in hand. Reading pdf's is so... I don't know but I know I miss a lot of stuff as it tires out my eyes.

Anything I should do with those last 15 pts??

HM

Well, I suppose you could save them and spend them on powers, advantages, and so forth - when the time comes.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oh they will carry over then? I'll save them I can't see his abilities any higher than they are now. And he has a ton of advantages and skills for a "normal" guy.

Background pending I'm writing that he was a crime reporter for the town paper and that's where he got all the contacts and connections before making it big on tv. A lot of the skills come from that as well.

HM

Insight

Adventurer
This applies to everyone -

You do NOT have to spend all 75pp right now. Just build whatever "normal" character is appropriate for your concept. You will be a 150pp super when the time comes.

Kaodi

Hero
Ummm... I may yet be interested... Not completely sure about what sort of powers he will have (probably physical or energy based), but I do have an idea of what his abilities would be like after being juiced up. I took out all the stuff on skill mastery from before, though it could become a part of the character later.

[sblock=Martin Morrow]Currently working as a low-level analyst, Martin Morrow has never had a particular easy time excelling at his jobs. So every couple of years he picks up and moves on to something new, in the hopes that things will turn around. Though an intelligent man, Martin has also been prone to crises of self-confidence, and so he consistently undersells himself. In fact, though he is not deceptive by nature, the one thing Martin tends to lie about is his abilities, mostly to himself.

Martin Morrow, PL 5 (55 of 75 PP)

Abilities: 8 PP
STR 1
STA 1
DEX 0
AGI 0
FGT 1
INT 3
AWE -1
PRE -1

Offenses
Initiative +0 (0 AGI)
Melee Attack +1 (1 FGT)
Ranged Attack +0 (0 DEX)

Defenses: 9 PP
Dodge 2 (2 Base + 0 AGI)
Parry 3 (2 Base + 1 FGT)
Toughness 1 (1 STA)
Fortitude 5 (4 Base + 1 STA)
Will 0 (1 Base - 1 AWE)

Skills: 28 PP
Athletics +3/2, Deception +2/3, Insight +4/5, Investigation +8/5, Perception +2/3, Stealth +2/2, Technology +6/3, Treatment +6/3, Vehicles +1/1
Expertise [Business +5/2, Carpentry +5/2, Cooking +5/2, Current Events +8/5, History +8/5, Journalism +5/2, Philosophy +5/2, Politics +5/2, Popular Culture +8/5, Science +5/2]

Advantages: 10 PP
Assessment, Extraordinary Effort, Jack-of-All Trades, Luck 2, Second Chance 3 [Mind Blast, Mind Control, Mind Reading], Ultimate Effort, Well Informed

Complications:
Responsiblity - Having always felt that he could not measure up to others, super powers would leave him feeling that he no longer had any excuses: that we must do what only he can.
Power Loss - Being super powered has not made Martin immune to crises of confidence: if he falls into a funk, so too do his powers wane.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases