Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Here's my first draft. Michelle's stats are unusually high for a normal human, reflecting how she pushes herself to succeed, as well as natural talent and perhaps even some latent expression of future gifts. In her empowered form, she will focus on personal defense and mental/social abilities...relying on misdirection, deception, and the limited physical capabilities of her illusions to prevail. She is very much a 'controller' type in terms of role.

Michelle Lindberg - PL 5 (75PP)

Abilities: 26pp
STR 0 (0pp)
STA 2 (4pp)
DEX 1 (2pp)
AGI 1 (2pp)
FGT 0
INT 3 (6pp)
AWE 3 (6pp)
PRE 3 (6pp)

Offenses:
Initiative: +1 (1 agi)
Melee Attack: +0 (0 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +1 (1 dex)
Specific Attacks:

Defenses: (5 pp)
Dodge: +2 (1 base + 1 agi)
Parry: +1 (1 base + 0 fgt)
Toughness: +2 (2 sta)
Fort +4 (2 base + 2 sta)
Will +4 (1 base + 3 awe)

Skills: (30 ranks) 15pp
Athletics +? (1 rank +?)
Deception +9 (6 ranks + 3 Pre)
Expertise: Finanical +8 (5 ranks + 3 Int)
Insight +5 (2 rank + 3 Awe)
Intimidation +9 (6 ranks + 3 Pre)
Perception +6 (3 ranks + 3 awe)
Persuasion +9 (6 ranks + 3 pre)
Technology +4 (1 rank + 3 int)

Advantages: 4 pp
Attractive (looks great in a power suit) 1
Connected (she knows a lot of admin assistants and secretaries) 1
Languages (her mother is Japanese-american from the States, and she learned the language growing up) 1
Equipment (5 pts) 1

Powers:
None!

Complications:
Driven - When Michelle encounters obstacles to her goals, she doesn't give up or change course easily; the more challenging, the more obsessed she gets with overcoming it.
Center of Attention - Michelle likes to feel important, to be noticed; tends to showboat.
Motivation: Life of Comfort - Michelle desires to be wealthy and retire early and in comfort.

COST: 26 Abilities + 15 Skills + 4 Advantages + 0 Powers + 5 Defenses = 50/75

Background:
Michelle is from a working class family in rural Canada, and her demanding work ethic is almost entirely based on her desire to escape that background and never return to it. She has an unshakable faith in herself, and an equally
relentless drive to master her full potential and capitalize on it. At her worst she is arrogant and unforgiving, often insensitive to the feelings or plight of others. At her best, she has an enormous drive to succeed, demanding no less of herself than of others and is an engine of brilliant, out-of-the-box ideas.

Unfortunately though, it has been very difficult for her to get ahead in her chosen field of finance. Hampered in part by her own overconfident recklessness, and in part by institutional resistance and opportunistic bosses, Michelle has not been able to advance nearly as far or as fast as she'd like. Currently she is the administrative assistant to a vice president in an investment bank, having moved to Emerald City in search of better prospects.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Hmm, only problem I see with Michelle is that those stats are.. wow.
She's one of the most Agile, intuitive, wise, persuassive women alive, tougher than most Lumberjacks, and the smartest person in the country.

Insight

Adventurer
Hmm, only problem I see with Michelle is that those stats are.. wow.
She's one of the most Agile, intuitive, wise, persuassive women alive, tougher than most Lumberjacks, and the smartest person in the country.

I have to concur.

Remember, you do NOT have to spend all 75pp if you have a concept that does not warrant it. Feel free to go with 60 or 50 or 40pp... whatever makes sense.

In any case, once your character becomes super, you will be ratcheted up to 150pp.

Shayuri

First Post
lol...yes, you're all right. I was seduced by that whole 75pp thing...when Michelle is not anywhere near that high in terms of what her concept should make her. Plus, 3rd Ed M&M has this thing where a 4 or even 5 in a stat doesn't FEEL high, even though it really IS.

My apologies. Revising now.

Graybeard

Explorer
I've been thinking of what powers to give my character when the moment happens in game. I was thinking of an energy controller of some sort. I'm leaning towards Electricity, Cold, or Fire.

Jemal

Adventurer
First draft of my possible post-transformation TK. has both the DYnamic and Variable pools for comparison
(This is mostly so i can access it on my phone from work)

[sblock]Jacie - PL 10 (150 PP)

Abilities: 24pp
STR 0 *14*
STA 1 *5* (2pp)
DEX 1 (2pp)
AGI 2 (4pp)
FGT 0
INT 4 (8pp)
AWE 2 (4pp)
PRE 2 (4pp)

Offenses:
Initiative: +2 (2 agi)
Melee Attack: +0 (0 fgt)
Ranged Attack: +0 (0 dex)
Specific Attacks:

Defenses: (24 pp)
Dodge: +6 (4 base + 2 agi)
Parry: +6 (6 base + 0 fgt)
Toughness: +1(1 sta)
Fort +7 (6 base + 1 sta)
Will +10 (8 base + 2 awe)

Skills: (60 ranks= 30pp)
Acrobatics(+5/3), Athletics (+5/5), Deception(+12/10), Insight(+10/8), Investigation(+7/3), Perception(+12/10), Persuassion(+10/8), Technology(+5/1), Expertise: Eclectic Knowledge (+10/6), Expertise: Gaming (+10/6)

Advantages: 8 pp
Attractive, Fearless*See Complications*, Luck 2, Taunt, Skill Mastery: Deception
Benefit: Status & Wealth 1 (Pro Gamer) *Quirk/Limitation: Jacie's status and wealth are both dependant on her attending (and doing well in) Gaming tournaments a few times a year. Also her status is only useful with geeks and e-sports fans.*
Benefit: Eclectic Knowledge *Jacie does a lot of studying and reading and has gathered a lot of information on a wide array of subjects: Make in place of expertise checks, but ONLY to know things, not do things*

Powers:
Feature: Special Effect (Music) (1pp) - There always tends to be a fitting song on whenever something important/interesting is happening in Jacie's life.

TK Array (50 point pool + 7 Alternate = 57pp)
Telekinesis(32) *Dynamic +1pp*
Move Object 10 (Area+1, Precise, Subtle) *3/rank+2=32*
Kinetic Enhancement(8+28=36) *Dynamic +2pp*
Enhanced Strength +14 *2/rank=28*
Enhanced Stamina +4 *2/rank=8*
Force Field(21+5=26) *Dynamic +2pp*
Protection 10 (Sustained+0, Impervious+1, Subtle) *2/rank+1=21*
Immunity: Environmental Effects *5*
Flight(20) *Dynamic +2pp*
Flight 9(Subtle 2) *2/rank+2=20*

*ALTERNATE:*
Variable Array [Descriptor : Telekinesis] Rank 9 *7/rank=63*
Pool: 45 pts. Common powers:
TK: Move Object (Precise, Subtle) *2/rank+2*
Area TK: Move Object (Area+1, Subtle) *3/rank+1*
Enhanced Strength *2/rank*
Enhanced Stamina *2/rank*
Force Field: Protection (Sustained+0, Subtle) *1/rank+1*
Impervious Forcefield: Protection (Sustained+0, Impervious+1, Subtle) *2/rank+1*
Immunity: Environmental Effects *5*
Flight (Subtle 2) *2/rank+2*

Complications:
Motivation: The Challenge/Proving herself - Jacie is always looking for the next challenging thing to conquer.
Arachnaphobic - Jacie is fairly jaded, and not much tends to phase her.. except spiders.. *shudder*
Caffeine Addiction - As a long-time Pro Gamer, Jacie practically lives off Caffeine, and doesn't do so well without it.

COST: 24 Abilities + 30 Skills + 8 Advantages + 64 Powers + 24 Defenses = 150/150

Background:
Jacie was a highschool athlete, loving the thrill and adrenaline rush. She wasn't bad at it, but never quite the best, either, having always been more mentally gifted than physically. She has tried her hand at several sports - Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, and then some more extreme sports, including Parkour, Snowboarding, Sky diving, and Base Jumping.
Her boyfriend in college introduced her to the gaming circuit, and she found that the rush of a good game was very similar, but that there was one major difference - In this, her intellect was a great advantage.
After about a year of gaming, Jacie had made it into the pro circuit, and has been playing in professional tournaments for over a year now.

The 24 year old red-head still tries to keep in shape and occasionally enjoys her less cerebral activities when she has a chance.
[/sblock]

BBs

First Post
This applies to everyone -

You do NOT have to spend all 75pp right now. Just build whatever "normal" character is appropriate for your concept. You will be a 150pp super when the time comes.

huh ... oops, hmmm, then again, mine looks good to me. Going to start on 150 pp character asap now.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
EVERYONE -

I have removed "Recruiting" from the thread title. As such, recruiting is now closed. If you have already stated an interest, but have not yet created your 75pp (or less!) character, please do so asap.

The RG has been started. Please post your finalized "normals" there. I will review those versions ONLY for final approval.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Just a note - I am finding it difficult to write a modern day background I like.

Seems so much easier when they are kings and castles, dragons and goblins, etc. Just not so easy when it is the routine humdrum of everyday life.

I am working on it and should have something in a couple days.

Oh anything you can tell me about the city? Is it New York like? Does it have a slums? Shipyards? What state is it in? etc.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases