Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

Insight

Adventurer
Just a note - I am finding it difficult to write a modern day background I like.

Seems so much easier when they are kings and castles, dragons and goblins, etc. Just not so easy when it is the routine humdrum of everyday life.

I am working on it and should have something in a couple days.

Oh anything you can tell me about the city? Is it New York like? Does it have a slums? Shipyards? What state is it in? etc.

HM

It's basically Seattle. In fact, in the background materials, it is set near Seattle. Anything "Seattle"-y would work just fine.

When you think about it, though, almost any sort of "medieval" background has some sort of corollary to modern times. Change a king to a politician, a thieves' guild to the mob, a merchants' guild to a corporation, it's not all that different. I guess the main difference between a fantasy and modern story is the lack of other races. No elves, dwarves, dragons, etc. Though, with supers, I guess anything is possible.

Insight

Adventurer
My goal is to go over the characters tomorrow (Saturday) while bored at work. I'd like to have the IC started maybe tomorrow or soon thereafter.

Insight

Adventurer
All best laid plans, as they say...

Unfortunately, I cannot locate my M&M book. I'm going to have to put the game on hold temporarily until I locate said book or acquire a new one.

Stand by for update.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well seems I made it back in time, sry to hear about the book. Could you run off a pdf till then?
I'm one of those guys who vastly prefers the real thing, but when in a pinch..

Also, I've now got two 'power set' concepts for Jacie, having swapped out the teleporter idea:
The telekinetic superwoman, or
The Video-game character come to life (imagine if Samus and Megaman had a kid!)

Even though I've long wanted to play the TK Superman, the other option was much simpler to stat out, and is both effective and getting more fun the longer I think about it. Good thing I have a while to decide. :D

Insight

Adventurer
Actually, I just found my book. It was hiding inside a backpack I haven't used for six months.

Now that the "lost book" ordeal has been resolved, I will be reviewing the characters today and start the IC thread in short order.

Insight

Adventurer
I have reviewed all of the characters and they are all approved, games mechanics wise.

Please see below for any notes related to your character submission.

[sblock=James Marks - Walking Dad]Concept: Martial Arts Instructor
Point Total: 67pp
Ability Scores: 18 = 36pp
Defenses: 6 = 6pp
Skills: 36 ranks = 18pp
Advantages: 7 = 7pp
Notes: Explain the "Justice" complication.[/sblock]
[sblock=Michelle Lindberg - Shayuri]Concept: Corporate Climber
Point Total: 50pp
Ability Scores: 13 = 26pp
Defenses: 5 = 5pp
Skills: 30 ranks = 15pp
Advantages: 4 = 4pp
Notes: None, looks good.[/sblock]

[sblock=Jacie (no last name) - Jemal]Concept: Pro Gamer
Point Total: 69pp
Ability Scores: 12 = 24pp
Defenses: 8 = 8pp
Skills: 56 ranks = 28pp
Advantages: 8 = 8pp
Powers: 1 = 1pp
Notes: Needs last name. What are some of the video games in which she competes? They can be real-world games or one you've made up.[/sblock]
[sblock=Marcus Holmes - HolyMan]Concept: Anchorman
Point Total: 60pp
Ability Scores: 14 = 28pp
Skills: 24 ranks = 12pp
Advantages: 14 = 14pp
Notes: I would expect a TV Anchorman to have more Persuasion and possibly some more Expertises relating to History, Politics, Current Events, Pop Culture, or whatever. I would expect these to be near the PL cap. A few more skill points towards that end would probably be fine. Also, he needs some kind of basic backstory. I'd also like you to state which TV station he works for. You can make up something if you want.[/sblock]
[sblock=John Sears - BBs]Concept: Actor
Point Total: 44pp
Ability Scores: 5 = 10pp
Defenses: 3 = 3pp
Skills: 46 ranks = 23pp
Notes: I can understand some of his high skills, but I'd like to see an explanation as to why his Perception and Stealth are so high. Also, his Hide in Plain Sight advantage. It makes me think that he was a burglar or jewel thief or something in his spare time. Maybe some expansion of his background is in order.[/sblock]
[sblock= Kyle Ellinger - Graybeard]Concept: College Student and Baseball Player
Point Total: 68pp
Ability Scores: 13 = 26pp
Defenses: 9 = 9pp
Skills: 50 ranks = 25pp
Notes: None, looks good.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
I have reviewed all of the characters and they are all approved, games mechanics wise.

Please see below for any notes related to your character submission.

[sblock=James Marks - Walking Dad]Concept: Martial Arts Instructor
Point Total: 67pp
Ability Scores: 18 = 36pp
Skills: 36 ranks = 18pp
Advantages: 7 = 7pp
Notes: Explain the "Justice" complication.[/sblock]...
[sblock=Answer]Justice is just that. He is no glory-hound or doing things because it gives him a kick or anything, but because he things the had to be done and who is able to do it has a responsibility. To be honest, most/all of the complications are for his later "Hero" incarnation.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Jacie]
Actually, I was thinking she'd legally changed her name to just "Jacie" upon becoming a pro gamer, going by just a Mononym like Sting, Madonna, Cher, Teller, etc.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, just noticed three of the characters are originally from Canada - Shayuri, BBs, and myself... Though I didn't actually put that in there, I had meant to..
Eh, interesting little Canadian sub plot?

Lol, side note - We're also the three Attractive people (All having Attractive Advantage)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases