Insight's Emerald City Knights - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have reviewed all of the characters and they are all approved, games mechanics wise.

Please see below for any notes related to your character submission.

[sblock=Marcus Holmes - HolyMan]Concept: Anchorman
Point Total: 60pp
Ability Scores: 14 = 28pp
Defenses: 6 = 6pp
Skills: 24 ranks = 12pp
Advantages: 14 = 14pp
Notes: I would expect a TV Anchorman to have more Persuasion and possibly some more Expertises relating to History, Politics, Current Events, Pop Culture, or whatever. I would expect these to be near the PL cap. A few more skill points towards that end would probably be fine. Also, he needs some kind of basic backstory. I'd also like you to state which TV station he works for. You can make up something if you want.[/sblock]

Don't know how I missed this as I was waiting for it. Sorry :blush:

I would expect a TV Anchorman to have more Persuasion...

I stopped at 4 because 5 was "Best in a nation." and 6 was "One of the best in the world." Was thinking that was something to grow into.

...and possibly some more Expertises relating to History, Politics, Current Events, Pop Culture, or whatever. I would expect these to be near the PL cap.

I did have a long, long list but thought I was getting greedy. I also thought to take Jack of all Trades to go with his Eidetic Memory. Once he does research or a story on something he would tend to recall it.

Another part of this is the background I am working on (and will have up tonight before posting in the IC). Marcus hasn't always been an anchorman it is a relatively new (maybe 1 year) job. Before he was a newspaper reporter and that's where he gets all his contacts and connections from.

Also some of the background I have written assumes there are super-heroes in Emerald City already - Is this the case? I can take out the super powered part and just make the character well known.

I'd also like you to state which TV station he works for. You can make up something if you want

WECN - Emerald City News ;)

HM

Insight

Adventurer
I stopped at 4 because 5 was "Best in a nation." and 6 was "One of the best in the world." Was thinking that was something to grow into.

You're thinking of ability scores. Skill ranks can be much higher than 5. Remember to keep them within PL 5 limits, though (for now).

I did have a long, long list but thought I was getting greedy. I also thought to take Jack of all Trades to go with his Eidetic Memory. Once he does research or a story on something he would tend to recall it.

Another part of this is the background I am working on (and will have up tonight before posting in the IC). Marcus hasn't always been an anchorman it is a relatively new (maybe 1 year) job. Before he was a newspaper reporter and that's where he gets all his contacts and connections from.

Also some of the background I have written assumes there are super-heroes in Emerald City already - Is this the case? I can take out the super powered part and just make the character well known.

Yes, super heroes are already around. There aren't very many in Emerald City, but they are common enough in the world that your character would know about them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok background is up (and I had to chop it in half - :erm: )

Also changed skills please look over them. And here is a list of what I did.

4 pts to Persausion (+2 pp)
4 pts to Perception (+2 pp)
4 pts to Deception (+2 pp)
1 pt to Expertise: History (+.5 pp)
1 pt to Expertise: Politics (+.5 pp)
10 pts to Investigation (+5 pp) - I think this is going to be the bread and butter of this character.

HM

Insight

Adventurer
Try not to metagame this too much but...

Shayuri (Michelle) just found the source of your super powers. Basically, any of you that get close enough to that REDSHIFT ENERGIES van will pass out and then gain your powers in short order.

IMPORTANT: You do NOT have to gain your powers all at once! If you'd like to work up to your full complement of powers, that would be great. We can have them increment as the prelude continues.

You will NOT necessarily get CONTROL of your powers right away! Caveat Emptor!

Shayuri

First Post
Woo! First to post with powers!

*holds up fingers in a 'V'*

*reads descriptions of the other people around the van*

Thus dawns the age of the Super-Emo.

Michelle, for her part, is also asian in appearance; half-asian really, but she takes after her mom. Mid-20's or therabouts. Dressed in navy blue blazer over a much lighter shade of blue blouse, with a modest grey skirt; she looks like she could be on lunch from an office setting, or perhaps on her way to an appointment or something.

It's all ruined NOW, of course. Hair too. Nails. What a nightmare.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
IMPORTANT: You do NOT have to gain your powers all at once! If you'd like to work up to your full complement of powers, that would be great. We can have them increment as the prelude continues.

You will NOT necessarily get CONTROL of your powers right away! Caveat Emptor!

Cool I'm down with that :D

Walking Dad

First Post
Note that Jim was the first to investigate the vans... after checking for life sign (no answer for this yet), I intended him to check the van out. Will not change the plan because of meta-info.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jacie won't exactly be too worried about investigating some van until she's sure 'maybe Dave' is ok. Not sure how long it'll take her to get a first aid kit/supplies and get back, but she is hurrying, knows kinda what to look for/gather (Perception/Expertise), and is fairly quick moving/maneuverable (Athletics/acrobatics).

Insight

Adventurer
Note that Jim was the first to investigate the vans... after checking for life sign (no answer for this yet), I intended him to check the van out. Will not change the plan because of meta-info.

I didn't think that Jim got all that close to the van. Michelle was right next to the van when she passed out. Your character has to be in direct proximity to the van for... things to happen.

If I am misremembering the events, then we'll retcon slightly and say Jim passes out as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases