Leif's 4E Revenge of the Giants [First Recruiting Thread]

Leif

Adventurer
Thread title pretty much says it all. The adventure(s) is/are intended to be started by 5 characters of 12th level.

Players already signed on:

1. Scotley
2. Insight
3. Walking Dad
4. Hafrogman
5. drothgery

I bought this hardcover book of adventures in the very, very early days of 4E, when I had no experience DMing 4E. And none playing 4E for that matter! That has now changed, and it's time I knocked the dust off this book and knocked the heads off some PCs with some Giant B@d@$$e$!

Looked over the set-up and the so-called "super-length adventure," and I should point-out something to my players: This is a Paragon Level Adventure, and Paragon characters are generally thought of as being better-rounded than lower level heroes, and able to meet challenges of widely divergent sorts. If the PCs are 'one-trick ponies' they'd better da** sure know the right tricks!

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Came across the discussion about this while browsing the Isle of Dread, I'd be interested in joining up so you don't have to worry so much about Character x Level math. :cool:

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, Hafrogman, that's four. That will mean that four of the five basic roles can be filled, and didn't Insight say he was leaning towards playing a Bard? If so, he could cross some lines and be a Healer, a Skill-Simian, and a dependable combatant.

drothgery

First Post
Hmm... I was in the Revenge of the Giants with Scotley and WD that flamed out. I'm not quite sure what I'd want to run, if I'm not going to reprise Gwenn (a melee rogue (thief) by mechanics and an outlaw noblewoman by story). Maybe a wizard (bladesinger) or a swordmage (depending on whether a controller or a defender is more needed)?

Leif

Adventurer
Hmm... I was in the Revenge of the Giants with Scotley and WD that flamed out. I'm not quite sure what I'd want to run, if I'm not going to reprise Gwenn (a melee rogue (thief) by mechanics and an outlaw noblewoman by story). Maybe a wizard (bladesinger) or a swordmage (depending on whether a controller or a defender is more needed)?
Welcome! This is a not-very-open open casting call! I've gamed with both Hafrogman and drothgery before ... somewhere ... I think. Oh, well, no matter. Welcome aboard, both of you! Oh, and that means that starting level will be 12th after all. (Thanks for helping the math-impaired, Hafrogman!)

The Roster:
1 Scotley - ?
2 Insight- -?
3 Walking Dad - Elf Druid or Ranger
4 Hafrogman - Shifter Paladin of Sehanine
5 drothgery - Wizard (Bladesinger) or Swordmage

And, we'll go ahead and accept up to two alternates, if there's still any interest.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Ok, Hafrogman, that's four. That will mean that four of the five basic roles can be filled, and didn't Insight say he was leaning towards playing a Bard? If so, he could cross some lines and be a Healer, a Skill-Simian, and a dependable combatant.

Not at all a Bard, actually. A melee striker with some "social" skills.

Are we at the point where we should state our intended characters?

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'm thinking about a shifter paladin of Sehanine or something similar, trying to recreate a little of the 1e ranger feel, a defender on the edge of civilization. A shield against things that go bump in the night.

Attachments

• Ice_Fire_by_heise.jpg
    Ice_Fire_by_heise.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sounds good, Hafrogman. :)

WD, both ideas sound good to me. Which one sounds best to you?

Insight, we're at the point where players should start putting together the characters.

Character Creation is to be thus: Customized point buy where all six stats start at 10, and you have 24 points with which to improve them in accordance with the chart on 4E PH p. 17. That gives you the 1st level stats. Then take characters on to 12th level. Starting XP will be 12th level minimum + 2,500. Magic Items: one 13th level, one 12th level, and one 11th level, ideally, but if there are difficulties making that work out right, and there surely will be, we can discuss.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases