Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] Recruiting

Leif

Adventurer
Okay, Insight, I'll make it easy: Char-gen by standard method. Period.

Leif in post 1 of this thread said:
Character Requirements:
build at 1st Level - 22 points
Level at Start of Play - 12th
Class - PH1, PH2, PH3, FRPG, HotFL, HotFK
Race - FRPG Core PC Races Only
Alignment - Good or Lawful Good
Deity - Any Good/Lawful Good in FRPG
Sanity - Yes, Please
Magic Items - Standard for 12th Level

Last edited:

Are we figuring this group has been together for a while, just meeting for this adventure, or a mix of the two? If we've been together from the beggining, does anyone see their character (or a younger version of their character) as willing to take a job from a Myth Drannor nobleman and let his daughter talk her way into coming along?

Sure, not a problem for Althous. Waterdeep and Myth Drannor aren't that far apart, and he's been doing a bit of wandering the past few years. I think her unique style of fighting would make for an interesting traveling partner, commanding yet young warlord and a contemplative blacksmith. Sounds like comedy gold.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Well, the warlord, monk, sorcerer, and paladin|sorcerer all have 81 +/- 1 hit points.
True, although once we start multiplying HP by number of surges per day, Heise does fall a little behind some of the heartier characters. But, yes, one of the benefits of 4e is that squishies aren't as squishy. I still don't think I'll be running into melee a lot, though. :)
Are we figuring this group has been together for a while, just meeting for this adventure, or a mix of the two? If we've been together from the beginning, does anyone see their character (or a younger version of their character) as willing to take a job from a Myth Drannor nobleman and let his daughter talk her way into coming along?
Well, looks like we're not a fully established group, but I figure Heise has been wandering the lands as a sort of arcane knight-errant for a few years, doing well by doing good. Being the fairly gregarious sort, he could have met any or all of the other characters at one point or other. He certainly could have been around Myth Drannor and adventured with Sariel. Perhaps her parents even specifically sought him out ("Look, magic! Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you like to try it? . . . Please?"). But it sounds like she would be more inclined to more permanent arrangements with the more martially minded party members.
Unless there's another dwarf in the party, I doubt Durn would have run into someone else's character.
Again, it's possible that Heise could have helped the dwarven folk out with a problem or two. Then again, being underground, away from the wind and sky wouldn't be quite his cup of tea, so it wouldn't have lasted long. So maybe we haven't met. But perhaps you've heard of me? I'm kind of a big deal. No? Oh well.
Okay, Insight, I'll make it easy: Chargen by standard method. Period.
Then I think my equipment is set without needing to change anything (pending final review).

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Sure, not a problem for Althous. Waterdeep and Myth Drannor aren't that far apart, and he's been doing a bit of wandering the past few years. I think her unique style of fighting would make for an interesting traveling partner, commanding yet young warlord and a contemplative blacksmith. Sounds like comedy gold.
It does, though your basic attacks aren't great so there's not a ton of synergy there.

I still don't think I'll be running into melee a lot, though. :)
I wouldn't, except that a lot of Sariel's powers are melee range.

He certainly could have been around Myth Drannor and adventured with Sariel. Perhaps her parents even specifically sought him out ("Look, magic! Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you like to try it? . . . Please?").
... which definitely sounds plausible.

Yeah, that's one of the downsides of Monks. Kinda ironic too that they're not very good with melee basic attacks. They're awesome at intricate styles and difficult maneuvers...but simply punching someone? That's hard.

drothgery

First Post
Yeah, that's one of the downsides of Monks. Kinda ironic too that they're not very good with melee basic attacks. They're awesome at intricate styles and difficult maneuvers...but simply punching someone? That's hard.

*Althous performs some complex monk attack on an enemy*
Sariel: I've been wondering something.
Althous: What's that?
Sariel: You're always dancing around in a fight. It works, but wouldn't it be simpler to just hit them? *commander's strike; Althous does*
Althous: Like that?
Sariel: It worked, didn't it?

Nice. I envision Althous fighting style as less Crouching Tiger and more Incompetent Enemies. Accidentally leaning over at the right moment because he had an itch which leads to the bad guy slamming his axe into his ally instead, etc.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Baramos would have spent most of his time in Tymanther, except for the times when his order would have ventured into nearby lands to fight against the armies of the primordials.

Scotley

Hero
Baramos would have spent most of his time in Tymanther, except for the times when his order would have ventured into nearby lands to fight against the armies of the primordials.

Experience fighting primordials will come in handy. :lol:

Interesting discussions. Leif and I are having some of our own and I think we've got the rough shape of the start off together. I would like to get started soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases