Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] Recruiting

Leif

Adventurer
The Knight Hospitaler theme isn't essential, so I haven't added it to his sheet. I'll still probably use the idea behind it for RP purposes, but the mechanics aren't needed though would be interesting.
I don't know, would it be possible to do him both ways, maybe showing Knight Hospitaler mechanics in [brackets]? It's a good idea and deserves to be seen, at least.

Sounds good for RP purposes if nothing else, but we've got lots of quality submissions from which to choose.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Quote drothgery]
Mechanics disclaimer: Although Sariel is PH1 race (eladrin), and a PH1 class (warlord), as currently built she has a lot of feats, powers, and items from sources other than the books you listed. Also note there are some things (like alignment and languages) that do not show up on the plain text summary from the character builder; I've attached a PDF of her character sheet, which also has the full text for all of her powers. The iPlay4e sheet has links to all her powers at the compendium; I changed it to a hyperlink because the BBcode was designed for WotC's forums and a little off here, and because it made edits really slow.

alternate class feature - Martial Power
powers - Martial Power, Martial Power 2, Dragon 384,
feats - Arcane Power, Martial Power, Heroes of the Fallen Lands, Martial Power 2
items - Adventurer's Vault, Adventurer's Vault 2, Dragon 390
rituals - Dragon 380
theme - Dragon 399

background:
Sariel was the daughter and only heir of an eladrin noble who despaired of her obsessive interest in all things martial -- from stories and legends to training manuals and true histories of war -- despite being short, not very strong, and a passable archer at best. Nonetheless, she managed to charm her way into an adventuring company where a few well-placed words of encouragement and tactical pointers -- and that she would cheerfully patch up their injuries after battle -- seemed to cover up the fact that she very rarely managed to do any damage with her rapier.

[sblock=character builder summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Source abbreviations:
PH1 - Player's Handbook 1
PH2 - Player's Handbook 2
MP - Martial Power
MP2 - Martial Power 2
AP - Arcane Power
Dragon - Dragon magazine article (via D&Di)
HotFL - Heroes of the Fallen Lands (Essentials)
HotF - Heroes of the Feywild

Sariel, level 12
Eladrin, Warlord (Marshal), Battle Captain (PH1)
Build: Tactical Warlord
Warlord Option: Combat Leader(PH1)
Commanding Presence Option: Resourceful Presence (MP)
Occupation - Scholar (Religion class skill) (PH2)
Theme: Scholar (Dragon 399)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 9, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 22, WIS 11, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 17, WIS 10, CHA 15

AC: 29 Fort: 25 Ref: 28 Will: 28
HP: 81 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +19, Bluff +16, Diplomacy +16, Heal +11, History +19, Religion +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +6, Athletics +4, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +7, Insight +6, Intimidate +11, Nature +6, Perception +6, Stealth +5, Streetwise +11, Thievery +5

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Scholar Utility: Use Vulnerability (Dragon 399)
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike (PH1)
Warlord Attack 1: Direct the Strike (MP2)
Warlord Attack 1: Powerful Warning (MP2)
Warlord Attack 1: Destructive Surprise (Dragon 384)
Warlord Utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem (MP)
Warlord Attack 3: Battering Command (MP2)
Warlord Attack 5: Scent of Victory (MP)
Warlord Utility 6: Reorient the Axis (MP2)
Warlord Attack 7: Friendly Fire (Dragon 384)
Warlord Attack 9: Warlord's Recovery (MP)
Warlord Utility 10: Tactical Orders (MP2)
Battle Captain Attack 11: Force Retreat (PH1)
Battle Captain Utility 12: Bolt of Genius (PH1)

FEATS
Level 1: Bardic Ritualist (AP)
Level 1: Ritual Caster (PH1, granted by Bardic Ritualist feat)
Level 2: Improved Inspiring Word (MP)
Level 4: Improved Defenses (HotFL)
Level 6: Improved Resources (MP)
Level 8: Lend Might (MP)
Level 10: Lend Strength (MP2)
Level 11: Combat Commander (PH1)
Level 12: Fight On (MP2)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit
Light Shield x1
Feytouched Earthhide Armor +3 x1 (AV)
Cloak of Resistance +3 x1 (PH1)
Cord of Divine Favor x1 (AV)
Acrobat Boots x1 (PH)
Helm of Battle (heroic tier) x1 (PH)
Battle Standard of Healing (AV)
Cure Disease (ritual, PH1)
Raise Dead (ritual, PH1)
Remove Affliction (ritual, PH1)
Residuum (Any) (ritual components)
Fine Clothing
Flute (mundane, PH2)
Ritual Book
Gray Rain Cloak (mundane-ish, HotF)
Traveler's Chant (PH2)
Comrades' Succor (Dragon 380)
Harmonic Songblade Rapier +1 x1 (AV2)
Bard's Songbow Crossbow +1 (Dragon 390)
====== End ======[/sblock]

iPlay4e sheet (has all powers and items hyperlinked to the Compendium)

synergy note: Sariel is a 'lazy' warlord; almost all of her powers grant basic attacks to other characters (and if she has to attack herself, it's a very bad sign). So having a good basic attack will mean your character works better with her.
[/sblock]
The only questionable things in these stats are the items that come from Dragon. These will 99% likely be disallowed. I recommend eliminating these if at all possible.

Leif

Adventurer
reserved for Denaris, good elf ranger hunter. Currently only 1st level, but will be upgraded soon.

BTW, I see the 3e "CG" alignment be part of unaligned. I will play him in the CG style, but note it as "Good" on the sheet, if this is fine.

Edit: Sorry, just realized the class is not allowed... back to the start in this case...
HotFL and HotFK added to souce list. Sorry, forgot these. :heh:

drothgery

First Post
The only questionable things in these stats are the items that come from Dragon. These will 99% likely be disallowed. I recommend eliminating these if at all possible.
Hmm -- as far as I'm concerned here's what I think about the various stuff from Dragon

1 - the Bard's Songbow crossbow is pure fluff; she doesn't actually have any Bard powers, just the initial multiclass feat, and even if she did, she'd use her rapier for them.
2 - while I like the scholar theme for fluff reasons, Sidhe Noble (from Heroes of the Feywild) is also thematically approriate, since she is one. I like Scholar better because it works with the hyper-bookish background I'm giving her (its benefits are more languages and an extra knowledge skill), and because the power from Sidhe Noble would go a long way to offsetting her biggest drawback (she really can't attack well on her own, and Sidhe Noble would give her a summon that attacks with her best ability score instead of with Strength like a warlord power would).
3. the two powers from Dragon are the biggest problem to replace; there aren't any other no-attack warlord powers I could take instead of them (or even bard powers, if I wanted to drop a feat for a power-swap feat).

I've attached an alternate character sheet (with all the Dragon material replaced -- the replacement powers were chosen for effects that happen either on a miss or regardless of a hit or miss), but I'd really prefer to keep the Scholar theme and the attack powers.
[sblock=scholar theme]Scholar Starting Feature (1st level): You know one additional language chosen from Draconic, Dwarven, and Elven. In addition, you gain the use vulnerability power.
Scholar Level 5 Feature (5th level): Choose training in one new skill and one new language. The skill you choose must be Arcana, Dungeoneering, History, Nature, or Religion; if you already have training in all of these skills, you instead gain a +2 bonus to skill checks with one of those skills. The language you choose must be Draconic, Dwarven, or Elven; if you already know all three, choose one language from those listed in the Rules Compendium (page 69) or Player's Handbook (page 25).
Scholar Level 10 Feature (10th level): You know all the languages listed in the Rules Compendium (page 69) and Player's Handbook (page 25). (At the Dungeon Master’s discretion, other languages can be added to the languages you know with this feature.) You can also attempt an Arcana check (hard DC of your level) to decipher a message written in code or protected by a magical disguise.

Scholar Utility Power - Use Vulnerability
You know the strengths and weaknesses of the creature you’re facing.
Encounter
bullet.gif
Arcane
Free Action Personal
Trigger: You succeed on a monster knowledge check against a monster that you can see or hear.
Effect: If your check result meets or exceeds the hard DC for the monster’s level, you gain a +4 power bonus to all defenses against the monster's attacks until the end of your next turn. Additionally, until the end of your next turn, you gain a power bonus to damage rolls against the target equal to your Intelligence modifier, but not when you deal damage that the target resists.
If your check result does not meet or exceed the hard DC, your attacks against the target deal only half damage until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock][sblock=Destructive Surprise power]
Warlord Attack 1: Destructive Surprise

You motivate an ally to strike true at just the right moment.
Daily
bullet.gif
Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 10
Target: One ally in the burst
Effect: The target can use the power Destructive Surprise Attack.

Destructive Surprise Attack

Daily
bullet.gif
Martial, Weapon
Free Action Melee or Ranged weapon
Requirement: The power Destructive Surprise must be active in order to use this power.
Effect: The ally shifts 2 squares.
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength or Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier or Dexterity modifier.
Miss: Half damage.
[/sblock][sblock=friendly fire power]
Warlord Attack 7: Friendly Fire

Such is your presence that you panic an enemy into accidentally hitting one of its allies.
Encounter
bullet.gif
Martial
Immediate Reaction Close burst 10
Trigger: An enemy misses you or an ally you can see with a melee or ranged attack.
Target: The triggering enemy
Effect: The target repeats the attack as a free action against a creature you choose within 2 squares of the target of its original attack. The new target must still be legal for the attack.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Sariel (no Dragon).pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:
Let's do the review and selection winnowing via email, ok?

I had planned to simply communicate with you by invading your dreams, but I guess email will do.

I do have access to the dragon content. Will be sending some emails later this evening I hope.

Insight

Adventurer
For convenience sake, I have added alternate choices for the powers and feats that Durn has from Dragon 385. They are all things that allow Durn to do cool stuff with his shield. The alternate version is a less "controller-y" version of Durn that does a little more damage.

The theme doesn't add much in ways of skills or other fiddly things. I've copied the abilities and put them in a spoiler on my character app post, and I'll repost it here as well.

Knight Hospitaler
[sblock]Knight Hospitaler Starting Feature (1st level): You gain the shield of devotion power.
Knight Hospitaler Level 5 Feature (5th level): You can request food and lodging for yourself and your traveling companions from any temple affiliated with your hospitaler order, or from any noble household. Your request for hospitality will be honored in all but the most unusual circumstances.
Knight Hospitaler Level 10 Feature (10th level): You can use shield of devotion twice per encounter.

Shield of Devotion
With a quick prayer you bestow minor healing on a stricken ally, then prepare yourself to smite the enemy who struck your friend.
Encounter Divine, Healing
Immediate Reaction Close burst 5
Trigger: An ally within 5 squares of you takes damage from an enemy attack.
Target: The triggering ally
Effect: The target regains hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier or Charisma modifier. Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the enemy that damaged the target.
Level 11: The target regains hit points equal to 5 + your Wisdom modifier or Charisma modifier.
Level 21: The target regains hit points equal to 10 + your Wisdom modifier or Charisma modifier.
[/sblock]

The level 5 feature is fluff related to his standing in the Temple and other abilities is just the healing power.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Complete.

Baramos Rathmore, Eldritch Knight in service to the Wyrmking, Commander of the Iron-wrought Order of the Blazing Chrysanthemum, Platinum Cadre.

[sblock=Character Summary]Baramos Rathmore, level 12
Race: Dragonborn (PH)
Class: Hybrid Paladin/Sorcerer (PH3)
Alignment: Good (Bahamut is a Good deity in FR instead of Lawful Good)
Paragon Path: Paragon Hybrid (PH3)
Hybrid Paladin Option: Hybrid Paladin Fortitude
Sorcerous Power Option: Sorcerous Power Strength
Hybrid Talent Option: Paladin Armor Proficiency
Versatile Expertise Option: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise Option: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Paragon Hybrid Talent Option: Soul of the Sorcerer
Soul of the Sorcerer Option: Dragon Soul
Dragon Soul Option: Dragon Soul Fire
Dragonborn Racial Power Option: Dragon Breath
Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Fire
Adaptable Breath Option: Dragon Breath Cold
Background: Tymanther (FRPG)
Theme: Ironwrought (HOEC)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 20, CON 14, DEX 9, INT 11, WIS 11, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 15, CON 13, DEX 8, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 17

HIT POINTS AND DEFENSES
AC: 31 Fort: 25 Ref: 21 Will: 26
HP: 82 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 22

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +15, Endurance +10, Intimidate +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Arcana +6, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12, Dungeoneering +6, Heal +6, History +8, Insight +6, Nature +6, Perception +6, Religion +6, Stealth +1, Streetwise +12, Thievery +1

POWERS
Ironwrought Attack: Inevitable Strike (HOEC)
Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath (PH)
Paladin Feature: Hybrid Divine Challenge (PH3)
Sorcerer Attack 1: Burning Spray (PH2)
Paladin Attack 1: Ardent Strike (DP)
Paladin Attack 1: Valorous Smite (DP)
Sorcerer Attack 1: Lightning Breath (PH2)
Paladin Utility 2: Call of Challenge (DP)
Sorcerer Attack 3: Flame Spiral (PH2)
Paladin Attack 5: Hallowed Circle (PH)
Sorcerer Utility 6: Swift Escape (PH2)
Paladin Utility 6: Wrath of the Gods (PH) (taken at level 10)
Sorcerer Attack 7: Spark Form (AP)
Sorcerer Attack 7: Rimestorm (PH2) (taken at level 11)
Sorcerer Attack 9: Adamantine Echo (PH2)
Sorcerer Utility 10: Fog Form (AP) (taken at level 12)

FEATS
Paragon Hybrid Talent (PH3) (free at level 11)
Level 1: Hybrid Talent (PH3)
Level 2: Draconic Challenge (DP)
Level 4: Hurl Breath (PHRD)
Level 6: Adaptable Breath (PHRD)
Level 8: Bolstering Breath (PHRD)
Level 10: Versatile Expertise (PH3)
Level 11: Ancient Soul (PHRD)
Level 12: Admixture Breath (PHRD)

ITEMS
Symbol of the Champion's Code +3 (AV2)
Fireflower Pendant +3 (AV)
Imposter's Gith Plate Armor +3 (AV)
Vanguard Longsword +2 (AV)
Throwing Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier) (AV)
Horned Helm (heroic tier) (PH)
Adventurer's Kit (PH)
Climber's Kit (PH)
Catstep Boots (PH)
Gauntlets of Arcane Might (AV2)
Battle Standard of Honor (AV)[/sblock]

[sblock=Sources]PH = Player's Handbook
PH2 = Player's Handbook 2
PH3 = Player's Handbook 3
AP = Arcane Power
DP = Divine Power
FRPG = Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
PHRD = Player's Handbook Races: Dragonborn
HOEC = Heroes of the Elemental Chaos
AV = Adventurer's Vault
AV2 = Adventurer's Vault 2[/sblock]

[sblock=Who I am]I am Baramos of House Rathmore, seventeenth generation of the honorable clan of dragonborn warriors of Tymanther. Our house is revered for its ferocity and tenacity in battle. I bear the standard of my clan onto the field of battle, a well-worn Battle Standard of Honor that carries the blood and soil from centuries of battle. I carry the ancestral Vanguard Blade and the Horned Helm that has been passed from father to eldest son. They are the legendary symbols of a line of proud warriors who were always first into the fray.

I represent the Platinum Cadre. We have heard the call of The Platinum Dragon in Returned Abeir and recognize his teachings. Though we fight our ancient foe, we recognize the potential for good in dragonkind. My Throwing Shield is not only a potent weapon against those who who try to escape my reach, but is a symbol of my determination to this cause.

I am an Eldritch Knight like my father before me. Bahamut has not only unlocked my divine potential, but the ancestral power that flows through my blood. Through the symbol of my faith, the Symbol of the Champion's Code, I cast magic both arcane and divine.

I am a member of Iron-Wrought Order of the Blazing Chrysanthemum. An elite order of the Lance Defenders of Tymanther. We are tasked with patrolling the Smoking Mountains, the volcanic range at Tymanther's border. We are charged with defending the realm against a threat against which most of our nation is left blissfully unaware. The fact that in the deepest caldera lies a portal to the Elemental Chaos itself. As with all my order I have undergone the Ritual of Reforging. I have been reforged as an Ironwrought in the fires of the Elemental Chaos. The badge of my office is a magically preserved flower that each initiate must harvest themselves in order to be accepted into the order. These blazing chrysanthemums that form our Fireflower Pendants only grow on the lip of that caldera and is a testament to our ability to survive against the harsh environment and elemental creatures that stream from the open portal.

I am a hero... I am a legend... I am a Rathmore.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Baramos Rathmore.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The submissions

drothgery Sariel, LG eladrin warlord 12 (battle captain)

DistractingFlare Tyrus Stormscour, Human Lawful Good Barbarian

Walking Dad no submission as yet. Possible--Denaris, good elf ranger hunter

Insight Durn Duradin, Dwarven Fighter LG

hafrogman Heise Human Male Sorcerer Good

Knowledge Checks Althous, Human Monk (centered breath) Ghost Walker Good

Son of Meepo Dragonborn hybrid Paladin/Sorcerer Good update--Baramos Rathmore, Eldritch Knight in service to the Wyrmking, Commander of the Iron-wrought Order of the Blazing Chrysanthemum, Platinum Cadre

Rhun has also expressed interest.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases