Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] Recruiting

Son of Meepo

First Post
In case anyone was looking for more information, you won't find anything about the Order of the Blazing Chrysanthemum as I made it up. It was a way to tie my theme into my background and also to explain why Baramos might be chosen for this adventure as several types of giants are elemental creatures. It is likely that a superior from his order could have volunteered Baramos for this duty.

The Lance Defenders and Platinum Cadre are organizations that are part of Forgotten Realms canon, so you should be able to find information about them in some of the 4e FR books.

Insight

Adventurer
In case anyone was looking for more information, you won't find anything about the Order of the Blazing Chrysanthemum as I made it up. It was a way to tie my theme into my background and also to explain why Baramos might be chosen for this adventure as several types of giants are elemental creatures. It is likely that a superior from his order could have volunteered Baramos for this duty.

The Lance Defenders and Platinum Cadre are organizations that are part of Forgotten Realms canon, so you should be able to find information about them in some of the 4e FR books.

As a matter of full disclosure, I should state that the Shieldsworn of Moradin are also completely made up (by me). Of course, isn't everything in fantasy "made up"? Anyway, it's not anything official on the part of WOTC or anything along those lines.

Scotley

Hero
As a matter of full disclosure, I should state that the Shieldsworn of Moradin are also completely made up (by me). Of course, isn't everything in fantasy "made up"? Anyway, it's not anything official on the part of WOTC or anything along those lines.

Fooled me. It sounded totally plausible!

Scotley

Hero

These I had figured correctly! Fairly new aren't they? From 4e book?

Son of Meepo

First Post
These I had figured correctly! Fairly new aren't they? From 4e book?

They are mentioned very briefly in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.
Tymanther was a portion of Tymanchebar that was ripped from Abeir and literally came crashing down on Unther during the Spellplague.

Scotley

Hero
Sorry, was pretty occupied lately. If you still need a controller I will upgrade Denaris in the next two days. Hunter is ranger/controller. Have you guys access to the Neverwinter setting book? I would be interested in an alternative racial feature (wood elf) that was in there.

For theme I would like to take fey beast tamer from the feywild book. Luckily it was previewed here:
http://wizards.com/dnd/files/excerpt_20111028.pdf

I have the book as well and I like the Wood Elf. The Sense Threat thing will be most helpful to the group. Fey beast tamer is new to me, so I'll give it a read. I have the book, but haven't read it all. Okay, Fey Beast Tamer is interesting, which beast did you have in mind?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry for all those in and out :(

Seems I'm not able to finish my character in time. I will have to humbly bow out of this after making a fool of myself :blush:

Sorry for holding you all up.

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry for all those in and out :(

Seems I'm not able to finish my character in time. I will have to humbly bow out of this after making a fool of myself :blush:

Sorry for holding you all up.

No worries, [MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]! We have tentatively planned to keep recruiting at least through this Friday, so you've "held up" absolutely no one. We'll possibly continue recruiting into next week. If this will permit you enough time to finish your character, then there's no reason for you to withdraw.

But, on the other hand, if you want to withdraw, I'll just say bon voyage and catch you next time.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
We also need to talk about a few of the points in the adventure when DM discretion can play a particularly large role.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases