March Fourth for GM's Day!!

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
March 4th it is! Well, for me at least. If the rest of y'all don't like it, tough! That's when I'm celebrating. We don't have enough holidays in March, and I'm pushing to get the day off for religious reasons! :D

And the traditional food of GMs day has to be pizza and Dew, of course. Nachos are nice, but not in that "it just totally says I'm gaming right now" kinda way.

Where are the cheetohs!!???

LostSoul

Adventurer
What about a Player's Day? Too many people hype about the DM being God. We need to foster more active players. Thus spake LostSoul.

Heathen72

Explorer
Player's day?

LostSoul said:
What about a Player's Day? Too many people hype about the DM being God. We need to foster more active players. Thus spake LostSoul.
I used to ask my parents "When is kid's day?" to which they used to reply "every day is kids' day." I think the analogy translates pretty well.
That said, I am not knocking players - I am one myself most of the time. And it is as a player that I am proposing this day - because I want to show my GM's how much I appreciate the work that goes into their games - preparation that so often remains unseen. It certainly isn't about fostering the attitude that GM's are God.

Player's day?
Maybe we should just see if this one takes off first. :)

Sanackranib

First Post
GM's Day

March 4 is ok with me but I recomend miniatures if we are looking for somthing symbolic. I know as a DM I like to use the right figure for the encounter. and nothing says "D&D" like mini's (except maby dice- but I already have all the dice that I need)

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
This is a sweet idea

I think it would be neat if this actually took off.

In order to reach the most people we should send something to the folks over at Paizo and even see if we can get a few companies to make notes of iton their web pages and newsletters and whatnot.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Katerek said:
This is a sweet idea

I think it would be neat if this actually took off.

In order to reach the most people we should send something to the folks over at Paizo and even see if we can get a few companies to make notes of iton their web pages and newsletters and whatnot.

If you are volunteering, I am sure that no one will mind... ;)

Also, it would be a great idea for everyone supporting the idea of GM's Day sending Email to the various publishers and try to garner their support as well. It's all about mobilization of sentiment now, friends! :)

Last edited:

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Whoop! March Fo(u)rth for GM's Day!

And only 10 days before my birthday! I gotta make sure I take over the GMing reigns again before then. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases