March Fourth for GM's Day!!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Yup. This year, GM's Day is Gygax Mourning Day. :(

From one Grognard to another, Goodnight Poppa G!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
rossik said:
oh...here still march 3rd..one day to go!

when did this started?
who create this celebration day?
I believe it actually was the EN Wolrders who chose this. I found out about it two years ago and I felt very amused because it's my birthday too. Yesterday I almost felt quilty to have birthday the same day that Mr. Gygax died :\ .

Heathen72

Explorer
Blackrat said:
I believe it actually was the EN Wolrders who chose this. I found out about it two years ago and I felt very amused because it's my birthday too. Yesterday I almost felt quilty to have birthday the same day that Mr. Gygax died :\ .

It indeed ENWorlders who founded it - it was this thread!!

Yeah, it's kinda amazing that Gary passed away on GM's day. I don't know if that is incredibly apt, or utterly horrible. I feel a bit morose about it actually. Maybe Enworld needs to have some sort of Web based wake for him or something where we can remember him. Maybe just a thread, maybe something more. And when we are done we can lock the thread for posterity

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Well since it was ENWorlders responsible for GM's Day, what say you to this: July 27. Gary Gygax Day? - EN World D&D / RPG News

Why would it need to be any other day? Gary's death was a tragic loss that affected all of us. However, I for one will forever remember Gary Gygax's death on this day because his passing was on GM's day.

Indeed how karmic, how ironic, how sad, yet how utterly appropriate that perhaps the greatest GM of all left us on GM's day. I can think of no more fitting tribute to the greatest DM of all time than to continue to celebrate not only GM day on March 4th, but to remember Gary's life as well.

Drowbane

First Post
Wow, has it been a year already?

My niece has a date with the Tomb of Horrors, 3/4/09.

May E.G.G. be with her.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases