Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius turns to stare at the Wyrmpriest's symbol for a second, his brow furrowed in concentration.

"There's something familiar . . . but I can't place it."

He stays silent and still for a moment, as if the words might spring to his tongue and his memory follow, but he his roused from his concentration by the dwarf.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"We dwarfs are a hardy lot, but it would foolish to refuse your aid. Take your try, cleric." Galim answers Marius.

[sblock=OOC]

would like to take a short rest and spend 2 HS. Or 1 HS, if the roll is high. Shall the patient roll for the healing or the healer?

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 20 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Shrugging to himself as whatever thought he might have had evaporates, Marius smiles at Galim.

"Of course, let's see what we can do for you. I'd rather have you in fighting shape should we encounter more of these."

He kneels down, placing one hand over his holy symbol, and another to Galim's injuries. He speaks a single word in elvish that seems to disappear from your ears as soon as it leaves his tongue. It's over in a mere moment. He pulls his hand away revealing new clean skin where the blood is wiped away.

"As I thought, a mere scratch."

OOC: Spend a surge, gain 12 hp. It's up to you if you want to spend that extra surge for 1 hp.

[sblock=mini stat block]Marius- Male Elven Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16, Fort:11, Reflex:13, Will:16 -- Speed:7
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Lance of Faith, Sacred Flame
Channel Divinity (Divine Favor OR Turn Undead), [-]Divine Glow[/-], Elven Accuracy, [-]Healing Word (x2)[/-]
Beacon of Hope
[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
DM kicks hafrogman under the virtual table
OOC: In this post, hafrogman learns to read!

Wiping his hands, Marius rises to his feet and makes his way back to the kobold priest. He glances briefly at the dragon carving again, but whatever memory it had tickled is now gone for good. Free of that distraction, he notices the second symbol for what seems like the first time.

"oh. . ."

He quietly murmurs to himself, kneeling down to retrieve the symbol.

"This must have belonged to Marla. I suppose that answers my question then."

His features harden for a moment.

"Part of a larger group or not, these were definitely the creatures that killed her. I'm glad we were able to protect anybody else from sharing her fate. There's still more work to be done, of course, but this was an important step . . . for me, at least."

He falls silent as he considers the symbol for a moment, and his own angers fades away.

"I suppose I should return this to her temple . . . or perhaps just her final resting place."

He slips the symbol into his pouch, and finds a place to sit down and rest with the others.

Fenris

Adventurer
Unhurt, due as much to the fact that Galim got the jump on him as to his shield, Doral wanders the field of battle, seeing if the creatures had anything of worth on them or other clues as to their purpose here if indeed it was other than banditry.

Shayuri

First Post
(Bah! I posted about this in the OOC thread too, but just to cover my bases...)

Ellowyl lets Marius handle the holy symbol and Doral handle the looting...her attention is on the dragon figurine. She leans down to yank it off the kobold's neck, snapping the thin thong that held it there.

"Dragon iconography," she murmurs, inspecting it as she turns it around in her fingers. "No runes or sign of primitive enchantment...but...now what's this?"

[sblock=Knowledge: Religion]She is not trained in this skill, but can meet a DC 15 check by taking 10. Is that enough to get the information, or is that information only available with training?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Their short rest over and Doral finding nothing but a few coppers between the lot of them, the group starts once more down the King's Road.

Following the map provided by Eilian the Old they soon come to the creek and turn east entering the thick forest. The way is not hard and they make good time to the first branch of the creek, and soon start to notice the woods becoming thinner and the land sloping more and more.

It is past noon when everyone hears the first man made sounds since they all started out. The distinct sound of pick axes against stone helps the group to find the dragon burial site.

[sblock=OOC]Hmm... still learning and it seems todays new piece of info to remember is that Know checks may be determined by the DM to be either trained only or not. I will add if you need to be trained in the skill from now on.

As to your question Shayuri - since a DC 15 is usually common knowledge (and this will help set up the whole campaign) we will say that the check may be attempted untrained.

[sblock=DC 15 Religion]The etching seems to be an abstract representation of the demon lord Orcus. Not a usual kobold god.[/sblock]

You all can RP your find and your walk through the forest. After everyone has checked in (or 100 days :p) I'll advance the thread.

Oh! Also if you want to take any actions before reaching the site let me know.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

After the encounter with the kobolds, Galim trusts the forest even less than before. Looking after every shadow he suspects another attack any moment. He seems surprised the made it to the burial site without an further problems...

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 32 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5