Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Amulet is a +1 amulet of health(+1 Fort, Reflex, and Will plus Resistance poison 5) - need to divide that and the potion of healing.

Has everyone leveled up??[/sblock]

After finishing his beer and starting a new one Lord Padraig looks at his son with an honest expression. "What would you have me do Alek?" he asks speaking rather harshly and not as quiet as before. "Your brothers are off with Regulars, on patrol since the last attack, and won't be back for another day or two. And the huntress Ninaran is off and who knows when she will be back." He takes a long pull of his drink. "Who do I have to go looking for these accursed kobolds!"

[sblock=Alek] Note: Ninaran was suppose to track down the kobolds from the first attack so the Regulars could put an end to them, but she failed to find them or their lair.

And your father usually only gets drunk when he is missing your mother. Now wheter she is dead or living in Fallcrest (due to her hatred of the little village, she likes cities) is up to you.[/sblock]

Marius sits and watches Ellowyl as she deciphers the properties of the magical amulet. He takes the potion in hand and with a good idea what it might do he still test it to be sure. "A healing potion. This will be very handy if..."

"...kobolds!"

As one the group and the few patrons in the tavern turn their eyes towards the table where Alek and his father sit.

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

Galim enjoys his beverage(s).

[sblock=OOC]
sheet updated.

can we as fluff say he uses his money on beverage and his axes were all along waraxes? Somehow more fitting than ditching his weapons on first opportunity. Thanks!

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 38 / 38 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning, Unbalancing Parry
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"I didn't realize how much of the guard you'd already sent out." Alek said. "In truth, I expected you to send me and a few of the men." But he was quite conscioius of all the eyes on his father by that point.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You! No, no, and no. Your mother..." Alek's father takes and downs the rest of his mug. "And your to young. I'm going to the temple now... alone. I'll find out what has happened. And I don't want to hear another word from you about going after these kobolds."

Getting up and heading out before a stunned Alek can say anything, the young man sits alone until a small halfling leaps up into his father's vacant chair.

"Hello there. The name's Jotrek," he says with a wide smile. "Couldn't help but over hear, he was rather harsh, but me and my friends have experience dealing with kobolds if your looking to hire out. I think we can help."

drothgery

First Post
Alek Padraig, human paladin 2

Alek briefly considered storming out after his father. He didn't, though, trying to calm himself with a litany of his faith.

"Hello there. The name's Jotrek," he says with a wide smile. "Couldn't help but over hear, he was rather harsh, but me and my friends have experience dealing with kobolds if your looking to hire out. I think we can help."
"I'm not sure how willing father would be to hire outsiders." The young man said. He was of average height for a human, and clearly not far removed from boyhood, despite the plate armor he wore, sword on his hip, and shield on his back. His raven-black hair and grey eyes highlighted a clean-shaven face and framed features that many would say suggested a hint of elven ancestry -- and that a certain type of girl found nearly irresistable. Mayhap the young knight was too pretty, but he also looked like he knew what to do with his weapons. "And he doesn't seem inclined to listen to me. But I forget myself; I am Alek Padraig, younger son of Lord Ernst Padraig of Winterhaven, and lately pledged to the Platinum Dragon's service."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jotrek' smile is lost suddenly as he looks to be remembering something. "My Pa was the same way. Maybe their all like that." he says shrugging.

"Come and join my friends and me, maybe if you get to know us you will see we could help. Besides these kobolds are acting strange maybe the Douven knows why."

Jumping back to the floor Jortek heads over to the groups table and waving a small hand in Alek's direction gives introductions.

"Alek the Knight,"
he says with a grin and a wink. "Meet, Marius the True, Doran the Brave, Ellowyl the Frost Queen, Douven the Wise, and Galim the Grumpy
."

Shayuri

First Post
"I am not," Ellowyl said loftily, her tone and posture implying the opposite of what she said, "the Frost Queen. I am of the Court of Winter though, so may be considered her vassal. She has extended no authority to me, however. Nothing I say or do should be considered in any way representative of her will."

She pauses, then nods in greeting.

"We have fought kobolds along the road, and more besides. If we work together, we may learn more of what forces are at work here."

drothgery

First Post
"News of a kobold raid came to the temple a little while ago. Some killed, some taken as slaves. I looked for father as soon as the matriarch had heard all the details." Alek explained.

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

Galim was about to comment on the "grumpy", but then keeps silent, knowing that any words he would have would be grumpy indeed. He leans back, sips on his glass and listens.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 38 / 38 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning, Unbalancing Parry
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"These kobolds are acting strangely indeed," Douven says rubbing his chin. "A few met with my captor as well. From what I could tell they were there for a progress report and the gnome told them to - and I quote - 'Go suck on their blades.' I figure they and the gnome must be working together grudgingly. And if so then they must have a more powerful overlord, a bugbear or gnoll perhaps, that they report too."

"Well this is getting better and better. We could rescue some farmers, kill some kobolds, and steal the treasure of some goblin king. Sound fun Galim?" Jotrek asks the grin on his face going form ear to ear.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases