D&D 4th Edition Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC - Page 10




What's on your mind?

  1. #91
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Marius turns to stare at the Wyrmpriest's symbol for a second, his brow furrowed in concentration.

    "There's something familiar . . . but I can't place it."

    He stays silent and still for a moment, as if the words might spring to his tongue and his memory follow, but he his roused from his concentration by the dwarf.
    Last edited by hafrogman; Friday, 6th July, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Galim Grimaxe

    "We dwarfs are a hardy lot, but it would foolish to refuse your aid. Take your try, cleric." Galim answers Marius.

    OOC


    would like to take a short rest and spend 2 HS. Or 1 HS, if the roll is high. Shall the patient roll for the healing or the healer?

    Quick Sheet

    Galim Grimaxe
    Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
    AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
    Initiative: +1
    Hit Points: 20 / 33 Bloodied: 16
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:
    Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 0.0
    Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
    Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
    Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #93
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Shrugging to himself as whatever thought he might have had evaporates, Marius smiles at Galim.

    "Of course, let's see what we can do for you. I'd rather have you in fighting shape should we encounter more of these."

    He kneels down, placing one hand over his holy symbol, and another to Galim's injuries. He speaks a single word in elvish that seems to disappear from your ears as soon as it leaves his tongue. It's over in a mere moment. He pulls his hand away revealing new clean skin where the blood is wiped away.

    "As I thought, a mere scratch."

    OOC: Spend a surge, gain 12 hp. It's up to you if you want to spend that extra surge for 1 hp.


    mini stat block
    Marius- Male Elven Cleric 1
    Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
    AC:16, Fort:11, Reflex:13, Will:16 -- Speed:7
    HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
    Initiative +3
    Action Points: 1

    Conditions

    Powers
    Lance of Faith, Sacred Flame
    Channel Divinity (Divine Favor OR Turn Undead), Divine Glow, Elven Accuracy, Healing Word (x2)
    Beacon of Hope
    Last edited by hafrogman; Friday, 6th July, 2012 at 08:16 PM.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #94
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    DM kicks hafrogman under the virtual table


    The second looks to be a holy symbol Avandra, and surely something stolen.
    ... ...
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #95
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    hafrogman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    8,167

    Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    DM kicks hafrogman under the virtual table
    OOC: In this post, hafrogman learns to read!


    Wiping his hands, Marius rises to his feet and makes his way back to the kobold priest. He glances briefly at the dragon carving again, but whatever memory it had tickled is now gone for good. Free of that distraction, he notices the second symbol for what seems like the first time.

    "oh. . ."

    He quietly murmurs to himself, kneeling down to retrieve the symbol.

    "This must have belonged to Marla. I suppose that answers my question then."

    His features harden for a moment.

    "Part of a larger group or not, these were definitely the creatures that killed her. I'm glad we were able to protect anybody else from sharing her fate. There's still more work to be done, of course, but this was an important step . . . for me, at least."

    He falls silent as he considers the symbol for a moment, and his own angers fades away.

    "I suppose I should return this to her temple . . . or perhaps just her final resting place."

    He slips the symbol into his pouch, and finds a place to sit down and rest with the others.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

  • #96
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,340

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    Unhurt, due as much to the fact that Galim got the jump on him as to his shield, Doral wanders the field of battle, seeing if the creatures had anything of worth on them or other clues as to their purpose here if indeed it was other than banditry.

  • #97
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,779
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    (Bah! I posted about this in the OOC thread too, but just to cover my bases...)

    Ellowyl lets Marius handle the holy symbol and Doral handle the looting...her attention is on the dragon figurine. She leans down to yank it off the kobold's neck, snapping the thin thong that held it there.

    "Dragon iconography," she murmurs, inspecting it as she turns it around in her fingers. "No runes or sign of primitive enchantment...but...now what's this?"

    Knowledge: Religion
    She is not trained in this skill, but can meet a DC 15 check by taking 10. Is that enough to get the information, or is that information only available with training?

  • #98
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Their short rest over and Doral finding nothing but a few coppers between the lot of them, the group starts once more down the King's Road.

    Following the map provided by Eilian the Old they soon come to the creek and turn east entering the thick forest. The way is not hard and they make good time to the first branch of the creek, and soon start to notice the woods becoming thinner and the land sloping more and more.

    It is past noon when everyone hears the first man made sounds since they all started out. The distinct sound of pick axes against stone helps the group to find the dragon burial site.

    OOC
    Hmm... still learning and it seems todays new piece of info to remember is that Know checks may be determined by the DM to be either trained only or not. I will add if you need to be trained in the skill from now on.

    As to your question Shayuri - since a DC 15 is usually common knowledge (and this will help set up the whole campaign) we will say that the check may be attempted untrained.

    DC 15 Religion
    The etching seems to be an abstract representation of the demon lord Orcus. Not a usual kobold god.


    You all can RP your find and your walk through the forest. After everyone has checked in (or 100 days ) I'll advance the thread.

    Oh! Also if you want to take any actions before reaching the site let me know.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #99
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Galim Grimaxe

    After the encounter with the kobolds, Galim trusts the forest even less than before. Looking after every shadow he suspects another attack any moment. He seems surprised the made it to the burial site without an further problems...

    OOC



    Quick Sheet

    Galim Grimaxe
    Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
    AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
    Initiative: +1
    Hit Points: 32 / 33 Bloodied: 16
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:
    Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 0.5
    Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 8 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
    Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
    Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #100
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,340

    Ignore Fenris
    My communities:

    "Alright lads, how do we approach this one. Kobolds do mine after all." asks Doral quietly.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Help Pricing Item - Death Touch from Death Domain
      By Aluvial in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Wednesday, 17th November, 2010, 08:11 PM
    2. Gaining the Death Domain
      By Bill Muench in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd February, 2005, 06:17 PM
    3. Death Domain Death Touch
      By Azul in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: Tuesday, 27th May, 2003, 08:56 PM
    4. Death Touch Domain Power
      By Gizzard in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 8th October, 2002, 09:26 AM
    5. Death domain, questions
      By Clumsy Bob in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Monday, 5th August, 2002, 06:09 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •