Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jotrek nods at the logic Doral presents. "Myself and Galim can scout ahead to see who or what is mining. Or if he prefers I can go alone since my small stature would be harder to spot."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
JotrekSmaller.png

HP: 24 Current: 13 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 6
AC: 17 Fort: +11 Ref: +17 Will: +12
Passive Insight: +16 Passive Perception: +11
Speed: 6 Initiative: +5

Deft Strike, Sly Flourish
[]Second Chance, []Dazing Strike
[]Easy Target

Trained: Acrobatics +12, Bluff +7, Insight +6, Intimidate +7, Stealth +10, Thievery +12

Untrained: Arcana -1, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History -1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion -1, Streetwise +2[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius shrugs.

"Well then, we can wait here. I hope for your sake that it is simply your friend's expedition, but if not . . . make sure you call if you are detected, or find yourselves in over your heads."

[sblock=mini stat block]Marius- Male Elven Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16, Fort:11, Reflex:13, Will:16 -- Speed:7
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Lance of Faith, Sacred Flame
Channel Divinity (Divine Favor OR Turn Undead), Divine Glow, Elven Accuracy, Healing Word (x2)
Beacon of Hope
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ellowyl nearly bumps into the person in front of her as the procession stops, so engrossed is she in her examination of the little obsidian statuette. She looks up with an almost comical expression of surprise and dismay at the near-contact, and steps back...tucking the statuette away in her pouch.

"What is...oh, I see. Activity. You're afraid it's more kobolds. Could be...it would explain the scouts; and they are known to be drawn to draconic remains...but listen, this is important. The leader of that band we fought was no ordinary kobold. He had a representation of Orcus on his totem."

She drops her voice on saying the demon lord's name, as if reluctant to say it aloud.

"He could just be a cultist, or an isolated worshipper. But it's also possible that the entire band or tribe has incorporated that...entity...into its pantheon. If so, be doubly careful. Death...is not the worst thing that can befall someone who crosses the servants of Orcus."

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"Go and scout if you like. But I'm not hat home in the woods, not stealthy, have short legs and wear metal armor. I will stay where I am." Galim dismisses the idea of him scouting.

[sblock=OOC]
speed 5 and stealth +0. He got the ranger class, but he is not a stealth character.

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 32 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 8 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group waits in a copse of trees listening to the sounds of the pick axes, and alert should they hear Jotrek get into trouble.

It is almost ten minutes later when the rogue returns.

"Well?" Galim asks with small impatience.

"Not kobolds. Humans in a large hole."
the halfling replies and takes a sip from his waterskin.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand he continues. "Couldn't get close enough to see everything, but I heard them speaking Common. The hole is big and there's not enough cover to sneak up on them."

OCC: If no objects I will advance this tomorrow, to the next part.

Fenris

Adventurer
The group waits in a copse of trees listening to the sounds of the pick axes, and alert should they hear Jotrek get into trouble.

It is almost ten minutes later when the rogue returns.

"Well?" Galim asks with small impatience.

"Not kobolds. Humans in a large hole."
the halfling replies and takes a sip from his waterskin.

Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand he continues. "Couldn't get close enough to see everything, but I heard them speaking Common. The hole is big and there's not enough cover to sneak up on them."

OCC: If no objects I will advance this tomorrow, to the next part.

OOC: NO objections on my part.

"Well, let's head over there. More than likely the depth of the hole and their own noise will mean they won't hear or see us coming, and we know there are supposed to be humans there so this isn't a tremendous surprise." offers Doral

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group makes their way towards the sounds of the digging and eventually come out of the thick forest into a clearing on the southeastern edge of the large hole being dug.

A steep-sided crater punctures the wilderness. Near the center of the depression, several humanoid figures cluster around a collection of bones. Two small, dragonlike creatures near the crater rim stand alert and stare at your approach.
Amongst the workers is a short gnome who looks to be overseeing the digging, but Douven Staul is not present.

"Eh? What's this? What's this? Witness just in time to see our great discovery you are! Please come down! Come down! You can't fully appreciate what we have found from up there."

[sblock=In the words of the Great DM]
What do you do?[/sblock]

Attachments

• burial site 1.jpg
    burial site 1.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
"What is it that we have born witness to good sir?" Jotrek does not let the diggers and their overseer know he is already knowledgeable of the site.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
JotrekSmaller.png

HP: 24 Current: 13 Bloodied: 12 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 6
AC: 17 Fort: +11 Ref: +17 Will: +12
Passive Insight: +16 Passive Perception: +11
Speed: 6 Initiative: +5

Deft Strike, Sly Flourish
[]Second Chance, []Dazing Strike
[]Easy Target

Trained: Acrobatics +12, Bluff +7, Insight +6, Intimidate +7, Stealth +10, Thievery +12

Untrained: Arcana -1, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History -1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion -1, Streetwise +2[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius puts up his hand to shade his eyes and tries to peer down into the excavation.

He quietly turns to his companions.

"Well, one burial ground."

[sblock=mini stat block]Marius- Male Elven Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 14
AC:16, Fort:11, Reflex:13, Will:16 -- Speed:7
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Lance of Faith, Sacred Flame
Channel Divinity (Divine Favor OR Turn Undead), Divine Glow, Elven Accuracy, Healing Word (x2)
Beacon of Hope
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ellowyl's attention is taken up not by the dig, but by the two reptilian creatures standing nearby. She shades her eyes with her papers and squints, trying to figure out if she's seen reference to creatures like that before, and what they are if so.

(Arcana? Nature? Dungeoneering?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases