Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

drothgery

First Post
She looks at Alek. "If you are able to assist, Alek Padraig, we can certainly use it. If I recall correctly, the knights of the Platinum Dragon are holy paladins, yes?"
He nodded. "Bahamut's swords and shields, when He needs them. Even when we aren't all that far removed from the day we pledged our final vows. What of you and your friends?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"Not highborn or doing any vows... my parents were simple merchants before they were killed by goblinoids. But I got two trusty axes and some friends, so all is good as long as I can fight some evil bastards and maybe make a living by doing so." Galim simply says. If this man was a paladin, he should know who he is dealing with.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 38 / 38 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning, Unbalancing Parry
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I am a scholar," Ellowyl said primly. "Squire, third degree, of the Bier of Yellowed Parchment in the Court of Winter. Assistant, junior grade, of the Keeper of Forgotten Names."

Somehow, even seated, she managed a courtly bow.

"At your service."

The blank looks on the people around her brought an annoyed roll of her eyes.

"You would call me a 'wizard,'" she relented.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Marius nods towards the holy symbol around his neck when it is his turn to introduce his profession. "I am a servant of Corellon. I bring his divine might and guidance to those who need it."

[sblock=OOC]

Well was waiting for someone else but then remember that everyone else is an NPC.

Couple things before I move this on.

- The group comp is...

Paladin (defender)
Wizard (controller)
Ranger (striker)
Cleric (leader)

Do you think the lack of a rogue for traps is a bad thing?

I wish to move the game along to the next day and lead the group to the kobold lair. Question - Does anyone wish to do any shopping before then? We can skip the buying RP as it tends to bog down pbp.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"A pleasure to meet all of you." Alek says.
[sblock=OOC]It's more the lack of anyone trained in thievery (or with extraordinary dexterity) than the lack of a rogue per se, and 'by the book' 4e traps usually have alternative ways of getting around them than theivery checks.

Still, it occurs to me that you haven't posted a leveled-up Marius and he has high dexterity; he could pick up training in Thievery either directly or via a multiclass feat (Sneak of Shadows for Rogue is obvious, but I thinks some others would work, too) with his level 2 feat.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Will go that route then and level up Marius tomorrow.

Also update tomorrow as the site gave me trouble today Everyone can post themselves off to bed or what not. Still a question about the treasure split.[/sblock]

With a long yawn the halfling elbows Dolan. "Think we best get some major sleep if we are on the road again starting tomorrow."

"Hrmph. Maybe we can buy some horses for the return trip." the big fighter says stifling his own yawn. "My feet still ache from the trip here."

drothgery

First Post
"I will see you in the morning, then." Alek says, preparing to return home.
[sblock=ooc]FYI, the complete list of multiclass feats that would let you pick up Thievery is
assassin - Practiced Killer
monk - Monastic Adept, Monastic Disciple
rogue - Sneak of Shadows
warlock - binding initiate, pact initiate

the feats in bold are in PH1[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

Galim has some more ales before going to bed.

[sblock=OOC]
I thought we sell any nonmagical stuff and everyone gets an equal part of the money ...

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 17 Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 38 / 38 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 9 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning, Unbalancing Parry
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ellowyl nods at Alek. "Likewise."

As people started to break off and head to their rooms she took that as a hint and rose to her feet as well.

"Rest would be wise. We will have more time to talk on the journey tomorrow, if you so choose. Good night."

With that, she swished to the stairs and up, and out of sight...no doubt to whatever room she'd procured, there to do whatever eladrin did until the sun broke the next day.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The following day Alek, Marius, Ellowyl, and Galim make ready to venture towards the outlying farmsteads in search of answers about the kobold attacks.

It is a few hours till noon before they are ready to depart Winterhaven. But after a warm breakfast, long goodbyes, and a bit of shopping they are on the King's Road once more.

Alek helps lead them to one of the farmsteads he remembers seeing on a map in his father's study. From there they are told where to find those farms that were attacked.

It is early evening when they reach the desolate farm. The abandoned buildings have scorch marks from fires and broken down doors that must have been chopped to pieces. Chickens run about and a dog barks at the group but doesn't approach. The whole area gives off the feeling of being watched from dark windows and doorways.

Finding the prints of the little clawed feet is no trouble for Galim and soon the group is off again.

OOC: The farmers who were here went to Winterhaven (mostly women and children). The rest were dragged off by the kobolds. Need Stealth and Perception checks as everyone approaches the next area.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases