Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"Sit down and get an ale...
a dwarf, a human, a halfling and an elf in a bar... this sounds like the beginning of a good joke. To be clear, we are looking primarily for a dragon burial side. And it is not about gold and glory, but to look after an old friend. Still interested to help us with kobolds on the way? Oh, I'm Galim, by the way."
Galim explains and introduces himself. Both his multiple weapons and his chanmail armor seem well used.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius looks puzzled for a moment, and he muses out loud, half to himself.

"A missing friend? And a dragon burial ground? I hope their friend isn't . . ."

He shakes his head to clear it.

"An old friend wouldn't be a priestess by the name of Marla, would it? I hope not. If so I have some bad news. . ."

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"Nah, we are looking for a guy, not a gal. But have you seen the dragon burial ground?" Galim responds, totally ignoring that another person died.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Resist:
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius blinks a little at the speed with which the dwarf moves on, but then shrugs to himself. Dwarves.

"Alas, no . . . I know nothing of this burial ground, I have newly arrived here in Winterhaven. But, if you will indulge me a moment. On my way here, I met this woman, Marla, who I mentioned. She had been attacked by kobolds, hence my interest, and before she passed on she mentioned the strange and sinister activities of a death cult in the area.

I was unable to convince the head priestess of the importance of this news, however, and I am loathe to leave such business unfinished. I have a strange intuition that all of these events may be related. Cult, dragons, kobolds and missing people. Something, be it the gods or fate, has led us all here at this time.

If you are going in search of your friend, I would accompany your group, if you do not mind. I am a disciple of Corellon, and have some small skill that adventurers such as yourselves may find useful."

Disposable Hero

First Post
Before the barmaid reaches their table the elf named Marius approaches and sits. "Kobolds? Oh, you mean the ones from my...outburst." He shakes his head almost in shame. "I do apologize. My dealings are usually...more sudtle. We are in need of someone skilled in the use of the divine. Also my name is Jotrek."

The barmaid finally reaches their table but she is greeted by a hand still raised. "Oh, sorry bout that. Give me one moment love."

His attention returns to Marius. "We cannot gurantee you safety or even a sum of treasure in the end. But it would be a great deed if you did help find our friend."

Turning back to the barmaid he asks. "We are in need of some information regarding a certain site around these parts. Could you be of assistance?"

[sblock=OOC]That's funny I've never read this adventure nor did I read Marius' reason for being here...kobolds just popped in my head.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"The more the merrier. And the more targets the kobolds have to choose between. Doral by the way" say the human tilting his head by way of greeting since his hands were occupied with ale and food.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"And I'm Salvana Wrafton, proprietor." she says with a large white smile, dropping off mugs as other women dish out bowls of hot stew and a basket of hard brown bread. After the mugs are all down Salvana sits a crock of butter on the table and dust off her hands.

Looking to Jotrek and then the others she nods as if coming to a conclusion. "I grew up within these walls and haven't been very far from them. But if your looking for information then you should invite Eilian over for a round and a story, he knows this area better than most."

Salvana nods to where an old man with a bent back sits on a stool hovered over a small pewter mug. A salt and peppered beard covers his chin but most of the hair on his head is gone, the skin browned by the sun. His clothes look worn and patched but not threadbare, just a well used set of farm clothes.

"For a mug he will tell you all about Winterhaven and it's history," she says as she leaves the table. "Oh and enjoy the food."

Fenris

Adventurer
Jotrek digs into the bread and stew like a buzzard picking over some carrion. "Suh du we invite hih over?" He says with his cheeks stuffed.

"Sure, at worst it cost us a few coppers and we get a tale for the evening. At best we learn something that can help us."
answers Doral between his own mouthfuls of the savory stew.

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"Hey elf, you are the new one. Can you go and ask him to join us?" Galimsays, looking briefly up from his meal.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Resist: