Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius quirks an eyebrow at Galim, and quietly whispers to himself.

" . . . Marius."

But nonetheless, he rises to his feet and makes his way across the room to the old human. He catches the man's eye and does his best to smile invitingly.

"Eilian, yes? Salvana was telling my companions and I about how you were the one to talk to about the history of the area. We were wondering if you would sit and talk with us for a spell, while we buy you a drink."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The old man's face cracks into a smile surrounded by a thousand wrinkles.

"A drink you say? Want to know a bit of the history from around this parts do you? Well lead on. Lead on. I have time for a drink and a tale."

Eilian follows Marius back to the table and sits diwn in a chair across from the fire. The flames cast his tanned skin into a golden hue and brighten the whiteness in most of his beard.

Salvana is quick to the table with a large foam topped mug for the old man, and another for the dwarf who is almost done with his. She smiles and heads back leaving the group with the old farmer.

Taking a deep pull of the cold ale Eilian gasps in pleasure and sits back with one hand still on the handle. "Now what exactly would you be wanting to hear about?" he asks.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Well Eilian, prinicpally we are looking for a friend, Douven Staul. His wife hasn't heard from him in over a month. Any word around twon of where he might have gone?" asks Doral

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Douven? I talked to Douven when he came through here. He was looking for the dragon burial site down in the south woods. You say he's missing? Hmmm..." Eilian says taking a drink and looking lost in thought.

"Come to think of it I haven't seen, or heard that he's been back, since he left with my map. You think something happen to him?"

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jotrek looks to the old man. "Undoubtedly yes. What was the map of exactly?" The halfling has suffciently devoured the stew along with the bread in the short time.

Shayuri

First Post
The inn door opened at that moment, admitting a slim figure in a full length hooded cloak. Once inside she pushed the hood back, revealing the fair features of an eladrin woman. Like most of that kind, her age was all but impossible to determine, though Marius could see the subtle cues that she was still young. Her hair was a paler shade of blonde than the usual golden manes of the High Folk, almost white. It was held tightly in place by a thin metal circlet around her forehead and a silver ring that gathered it into a tail. In her hand was a tall staff that had seen some use.

But before the others could get too excited over a possible wizard, she turned and walked into the inn...showing that under the cloak where it parted was a burnished leather cuirass. Far from heavy armor, but more than wizards typically wore. And at her side was an elegant sword, slightly curved at the tip in the manner of her people.

She glided to an empty table not far from the rapidly forming group and spoke in soft tones with a server for a moment...then produced some sheets of parchment from her pouch and pored over them.

Fenris

Adventurer
Doral watched the Eladrin as she entered the door as he would the approach of any new comer, alert to signs of trouble but with the passive stance of a soldier. Seeing that the Eladrin had other business, Doral turned back to Eilian expectantly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"The burial sight? Why that place has been here so long it's lucky the bones are still there." Eilian says with a chuckle followed by a pull from his mug. "History? That area, the south woods, it's were the legionnaires of the old Empire Nerath camped before they moved on north. Some two hundred years ago it was. The dragon you see he was a bold a brash black said to claim the lands around the Gradbury Downs as his. And he didn't take to well to an army camped outside door. Attacked and died he did, but not before he took most of them Empire men with him."

Eilian sits back and looks into the fire as if picturing the battle between men and beast. "Now Douven knew more about any of this than me. He said that what was left of those men, form the Nerath Empire, why they went north and battle an army of undead and sealed the portal they were using to come forth from their evil plane. If you find him he could answer your questions about the history of this place for sure."

Doral listened in earnest but never took his eyes from the young eladrin, he notice she too was caught up in the story as she stood head cocked to the side and listening.

[sblock=Shayuri's Nameless character]
If you find him he could answer your questions about the history of this place for sure."

That's your cue. :p [/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius listens quietly to Eilian's story, sipping at his drink once more as he considers the description and history of the this part of the world. The dragon burial ground wasn't so much a graveyard as the final resting point of a single dragon. Still, the history was interesting . . . this portal could be a powerful influence, a draw to others wishing to do ill.

"And this map you gave him? Was that to the dragon's resting place, or to the location where he believed the portal to be?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases