Death's Domain [HM's 4e Campaign] - IC

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"Do you have another copy of this map or give us a good instruction how to find the place?" Galim asks, having just finished his meal.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Disposable Hero

First Post
"Or perhaps make another map. I'm sure your remember this right quite well after listening to your story." Jotrek removes one of his daggers from it's sheath and starts to pick his teeth. "Or if your willing to lead us to the site yourself...that would be of great help as well."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"The site it's not far, as the crow goes. But to head straight through the woods is folly. I can draw another map for you. I'll need some paper and a pen." Eilian states putting his mug down. "And maybe one more. So we can toast your success in finding Douven."

[sblock=OOC] The map shown below shows the proposed route. It will take a little longer (nearly 7 hours) while a direct shot would take around 5 hours.

But the direct shot gives you no landmarks so getting lost is a factor.

Time of day In Game now is: 3:22pm (just made that up you know)[/sblock]

Attachments

• Proposed Route.jpg
    Proposed Route.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 83

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jotrek scratchs his chin as he stares at the map. "That's a pretty detailed drawing friend."

He studies it a bit closure before looking to the rest of the group. "Taking the road around to the site is, I imagine, the easiest as Eilian pointed out since we're not the wooded area type and we're new to the area."

Walking Dad

First Post
Galim Grimaxe

"You are right, small one. If it were a cave system, I would say no problem. But it is easy to loose your direction in a forest." Galim agrees.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Galim Grimaxe
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1
Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs poison
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Careful Attack, Twin Strike
Encounter Powers: Fox's Cunning
Daily Powers: Sudden Strike

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Marius studies the map with the others, considering the path laid out. He didn't quite understand the others' concerns. Wasn't getting lost in the woods part of the fun? Stumbling across a small wooded glade that no person had set foot upon in centuries? Or being the first ever to witness and wonder at the secrets a forest might hide? Ah well, the younger races, ever so impatient to keep moving, always rushing towards a goal and never enjoying the journey.

"Well, it seems like a short trip is in order. Perhaps tomorrow morning? We can set off early and hopefully find your friend and perhaps some answers."

Shayuri

First Post
There was a quiet, polite cough, and a soft voice saying, "Excuse me."

The eladrin from the table had come over and was standing stiffly nearby.

"Forgive my intrusion," she said, "I have overheard your conversation, though it was not my intent to do so. We share a common interest in this area, and you seem to have a lead that I lack. This...Douven."

She swept her flinty, assessing gaze over those at the table.

"If you will allow it, I would come with you to see him."

Fenris

Adventurer
There was a quiet, polite cough, and a soft voice saying, "Excuse me."

The eladrin from the table had come over and was standing stiffly nearby.

"Forgive my intrusion," she said, "I have overheard your conversation, though it was not my intent to do so. We share a common interest in this area, and you seem to have a lead that I lack. This...Douven."

She swept her flinty, assessing gaze over those at the table.

"If you will allow it, I would come with you to see him."

Doral looks at the eladrin for a moment. "He's a friend not a lead." he says shortly "secondly, what is your interest in the area?"

Shayuri

First Post
She bobs her head in a little nod, or tiny bow, acknowledging Doral's words without quite signaling agreement.

"A friend to you, a lead to me. As to my interest, it is academic. Historical. Little remains of the old Empire's knowledge and past. The rumors surrounding this site are substantial, which is unusual given its remoteness. I've tracked them this far. Now this is what I need to proceed."

Her lips curved in the barest shadow of a wry smile.

"I can assure you, I intend nothing nefarious."

Disposable Hero

First Post
Jotrek looks at eladrin for a moment. "My thinking is if you did indeed have nefarious intentions you would decline to mention such, but would rather mislead us in thinking so by telling us that you indeed do not have nefarious intentions." He sheaths his dagger now that he's teeth are picked clean. "However I would be inclined to accept your offer of joining us to the site since we don't know what the area holds. That is if it's ok with my friends here."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases