D&D 5E On DDI Articles: Please check the News Page first [UPDATE: rule relaxed]

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Yeah, if it's not 5e, I don't (currently) find it interesting, so it'd be nice if a jump was in the only forum I'm reading.

Glad to know where all the article-related threads are hiding, though, so I'll take a look.

Mattachine

Adventurer
I'm not a fan of moving 5e news to the news forum. In the 5e forum, such articles will receive a more robust discussion. In the news forum, many folks simply won't see it.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I see that there's a sidebar for "This Week's Hottest News"

Which is awesome. I learned Bluffside is back, that WotC wants to maybe look at bringing back OA's, and that they posted an excerpt of the 1e PHB, which is kind of hilarious in its absurdity.

W00T!

CAFRedblade

Explorer
While I usually come through to the forums through the main page, I sometimes miss relevant items. Any chance of the articles getting a temporarily stickied link to the actual article in the relevant sub-forum?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
While I usually come through to the forums through the main page, I sometimes miss relevant items. Any chance of the articles getting a temporarily stickied link to the actual article in the relevant sub-forum?

Look slightly to your left, and you'll see the news sidebar. That's on every forum page. You'll see that wherever you are on the site. It's like a stickied link in the 5E forum, but on every page! Waaay more convenient!

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Does this request include the WotC Community blog posts? I haven't seen anyone posting them here, and I wonder if that's because they're concerned about violating this request.

KidSnide

Adventurer
I'm not sure whether moving these discussions to the news forum is a good idea in the abstract, but there has definitely been less discussion of those articles since the move. It may be worth a longer experiment, but it doesn't look successful right now.

-KS

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases