[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

jbear

First Post
Leather brings a hard two hand strike across the back of the berserker bladeling's legs before reversing his blade and sheathing it in a single fluid motion, ignoring the shards that fly out and lodge in his flesh. He draws his battle axe intent on finishing the creature with a strike to the neck, allowing the familiar surge of power flood his arms with strength, but Luck turns her back on the warrior as the head of the axe snags on his shoulder belt turning the blow away from its target by mere inches.

Leather does not curse or complain. So is the way of war. He drops his axe into a single handed hold and awaits for the retaliation he knows now must come. "Psst. Spikey. Over here."

[sblock=Actions]Where has the EBB gone from map. Should be in N7 right. So no way to get CAdv. Pity. That would have been a hit and lights out if I could have managed a flank.

Aura: Take 4 dmg
Standard: Steel Serpent Strike (LSword 2 handed): 17 vs AC; HIts for 15 dmg Marked, slowed and can't shift TENT
AP: Weaponmaster's Strike: Sheath LSword, Draw BattleAxe; Use 2 handed with Inevitable Strike: 7 and 13 vs AC; miss by 1 :(
[/sblock]
[sblock=Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 1
Passive Perception/Insight 11
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:14, Will:12, Speed:5
HP: 20/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/12
Initiative +2
Action Points: 2 (encounter): 1 USED

Conditions:

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
MBA: Battle Axe, +6 vs AC, 1d10+4 dmg
RBA: Handaxe, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 (0/3 used)
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike: USED
Inevitable Strike: USED
Second Wind

Comeback Strike:

Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
With 4 goliaths rampaging down upon Fhargrim, the owlbears and herself, Ilex shifts slightly and lets loose a Glorious Presence that both damages her enemies while invigorating Fhargrim, Ursa Major and herself. One of the goliaths is pushed away toward Haaku. Ilex then quickly heals herself and Noctua Ursus before summoning extra energy to blast three of the goliaths with a dazzling rainbow of light. The three goliaths appear to be dazed after seeing such a wonderous array of colors.”[/color]
[sblock=stuff]

[Sblock=Action]
Move: Shift from O13 to N13
Standard: Glorious Presence (Encounter Standard Close burst 2 ✦ Arcane, Charm, Enchantment, Implement, Radiant) Witch Attack 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: +6 vs Will
Hit: 2d6+5 radiant damage and Ilex pushes the target up to 4 squares.
Effect: Ilex and each ally in the burst gains 4 temporary hit points.
Hitting EGR 5,6,7 (1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=19, 1d20+6=17, 2d6+5=7)
Hit 6 & 7 for 7dmg
Push EGR6 from M11 to O9
Minor: To use second wind. Ilex now 29/32 and +2 to all defenses until the start of her next turn. Noctua heals to 11/16.
Herbal Healing (Encounter Minor Melee 1 ✦ Arcane) Wizard Utility 2
Effect: The target can make a saving throw and use his or her second wind if it is available.
Use Action Point to gain Standard Action:
Color Spray (Encounter Standard Close blast 5 ✦ Arcane, Evocation, Implement, Radiant) Witch Attack 3

Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: +6 vs Will
Hit: 1d6+5 radiant damage and the target is dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn.
Blast will cover O13 - S13 through 09 – S9
Hitting EGR 6,7,8 (1d20+6=18, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=25, 1d6+5=8)
Ilex Hits and Dazes all three for 8 dmg. Noctua's Arua adds 2 dmg to EGR8 [/sblock]

[sblock=ERG Status]
5 34/34
6 19/34 Dazed
7 19/34 Dazed
8 24/34 Dazed[/sblock]

[sblock=Son of Meepo]Fhangrim and Ursa Major each gain 4 temp hitpoint[/sblock]

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 29/32 Temp HP 4 Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, [x]Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: []Chameleon's Mask,
[]Hamadryad Aspects,
[x]Glorious Presence,
[x]Herbal Healing,
[x]Color Spray,
[]Spidersilk Mantle
Daily Powers: []Augury,
[]Healing Word,
[]Arcane Whirlwind,
[]Feyswarm Staff,
[]Flute of the Dancing Satyr[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: []Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 11/16 Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim calls the primal spirits to heal Haaku.
The pack goes to work on one of the goliaths, causing many bloody wounds to appear.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Healing Word (1d6=3)
Haaku spends a surge gaining surge value +3 hp. (23/30 hp)
Move: Fhangrim shift to L13, Ursa Major moves to L11, Ursa Minor moves to L12.
Standard: Combined Attack
Combined Attack (EGR5) (1d20+6+2=19, 1d12+4+2+2=10) (HIT)
Combined Attack (EGR5) (1d20+6+2=14, 1d20+7+2=11) (HIT)
Action Point: Animal Attack (EGR5) (1d20+6+2=12, 1d12+7+2=12) (MISS)[/sblock]

OOC: EGR5 is at 13/34 hp.
Well crap, I was hoping I could take one of the goliaths out.

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14
HP 18+4/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 7/10
Speed 7, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x],
Ferocious Charge [],
Healing Word [x][]
Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar []
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 14+4/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12
AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16
HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3
Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

Either the bladeling doesn't feel the massive internal and external damage he has suffered, or he is so crazed that he ignores it. In either case, the spikey foe spins about, plunging his blade-like arm spikes into the gut of both Leather and Haaku, stealing their breath from them, though not without retaliation, as Leather hacks at the unfeeling Bladeling with his axe. With an unexpected burst of speed, the bladeling sprints toward Ilex and plants it's already bloodied spikes into the sides of both Fhangrim and Ilex, leaving their heads spinning.

The raving goliath crew surrounded their foes, spears in hand, and did what they did best: stab stab stab! A few quick and brutal moments later found both Haaku and Fhangrim lying in a pool of their own blood, leaving a weakened Leather, Ilex, and two Owlbears to finish the job, save their friends, or both. Of course, that might be a bit tricky with the horde of Goliath's still wanting bloodshed, not to mention the still-living Bladeling.

Boomer, seeing how the battle progresses, waits for a signal to fire a shot...but seeing how the battle was progressing, might just have to fire off a shot before running back into town. He didn't mind helping out, but he would be damned if he was going to sit here and die for this...pay or no.

[sblock=Actions]

EBB:

-Standard: Double-Spurs: Can use bone spurs twice (against two separate enemies). If both hit, the enemies are dazed until the end of EBB's next turn.

EBB targets Haaku first, triggering Leather's Combat Challenge feature, which hits for 6 damage. EBB rolls 22 vs AC against Haaku, dealing him 6 damage. EBB rolls 21 vs Leather, hitting him for 10 damage. Both attacks hit, so Leather and Haaku are Dazed until the end of EBB's next turn.

- Move: EBB moves to N12.

- AP: Standard: EBB uses Double-Spurs against Ilex and Fhangrim.
24 vs Ilex for 11 damage.
19 vs Fhangrim for 12 damage.
Both attacks hit, so Ilex and Fhangrim are Dazed until the end of EBB's next turn.

EGR5:

- Standard: Uses Penetrating Spear vs Fhangrim, hitting for 11 damage. Fhangrim falls to the ground Dying. Fhangrim gains Vulnerable 5 until the end of EGR5's next turn. Fhangrim is now targeted by E.S.

EGR6:

- Standard: Uses Brutal Spear vs Haaku, hitting for 15 damage. Haaku falls to the ground, Dying (-8 hp). Haaku is now targeted by E.S.

- Move: Moves to S13

EGR7:

- Standard: Uses Brutal Spear vs Ilex, hitting for 17 damage. Ilex is now targeted by E.S.

EGR8:

- Standard: Uses Brutal Spear vs Noctua Ursus, hitting for 21 damage, killing Noctua.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

EBB: 4/34 HP; Status: Bloodied; Marked by Leather until Start of Leather's next turn.
EGR5: 13/34 HP; Status: Bloodied; Used Penetrating Spear
EGR6: 19/34 HP; Status: Dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn; Used Brutal Spear
EGR7: 19/34 HP; Status: Dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn; Used Brutal Spear
EGR8: 24/34 HP; Status: Dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn; Used Brutal Spear

Haaku: -8/30 HP; Status: Dying.
Fhangrim: -1/28HP ; Status: Dying.
---UM: 14+4/14 HP; Status: Normal
---Um: 14/14 HP; Status: Normal
Ilex: 5/32 HP; Status: Bloodied; Dazed until the end of EBB's next turn.
---NU: 0/16 HP; Status: Unsummoned.
Leather: 10/31; Status: Bloodied.
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I spent it and dealt 13 more damage to EBB, bringing it to 25 hp. Leather brought it down to 10, missed with his AP, and then you and Ilex attacked everyone else for some reason.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I missed that, but I also think that CFW missed the fact that I healed you for 10, so I think you should be at 2 hp, not -8.

I stuck near EGR5, because I couldn't get to anyone else without me or one of my pets taking an OA, which I didn't want to do.

Ilex, was trying to control the rest of the battlefield to keep us from getting swarmed.

That's the problem with using too many brutes. Every single one of them is potentially lethal, so you can't ignore them. We needed to hit with our AP attacks to avoid having half of us down. But because we missed... So yeah, I think this fight was too hard for our level.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I missed that, but I also think that CFW missed the fact that I healed you for 10, so I think you should be at 2 hp, not -8.

I stuck near EGR5, because I couldn't get to anyone else without me or one of my pets taking an OA, which I didn't want to do.

Ilex, was trying to control the rest of the battlefield to keep us from getting swarmed.

That's the problem with using too many brutes. Every single one of them is potentially lethal, so you can't ignore them. We needed to hit with our AP attacks to avoid having half of us down. But because we missed... So yeah, I think this fight was too hard for our level.
OOC: Ooooh, I also missed you healing me. I think we might be able to pull this off? Boomer is pretty much useless though since it takes a Standard to use his attack.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Ooooh, I also missed you healing me. I think we might be able to pull this off? Boomer is pretty much useless though since it takes a Standard to use his attack.

OOC: Yeah, that was my take as well, no point to using him.

It all depends on what happens this round. The problem is that EBB will explode again when he dies, so even killing him might be too dangerous.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases