[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

jbear

First Post
Leather looks puzzled for a moment. What was this about this Boomer character trying to flee? With a shrug he decides not to think about it too much. The woman on his shoulders seems to have spotted the dwarf and people are standing in his way.

"Move the Hells out of my Waaayy!" growls Leather as he pushes through the crowd, like an angry bull, only taking care of the young, the infirm or the elderly who he treats almost delicately and with respect should he cross their path. He does offer apologies to the lady folk that he manhandles but he handles them none the less if they are in the way of getting where he is going quickly, for now with Ilex still perched on his shoulders and directing where he should be going.

[sblock=OOC] At the risk of Leather being arrested and thrown in the clink for disturbing the peace: Intimidation 24: Move folk out of the way with his voice and facial expression Athletics 25: Physically move them out of the way when necessary. [/sblock]

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Seeing where Haaku and Fhargrim plan to box in boomer, Ilex gives Leather a few more directions, then attempts to dismount gracefully from his shoulders. Unfortunately, her cloak gets caught on one of Leather's buckles throwing Ilex's balance and she lands to the ground with a thud. She quickly gets up and gathers the “bears” together and gets them moving off in a third direction. Fhargrim was waving his hands around trying to give further instructions. However a few dockworker guiding a cart loaded with crates blocked her view momentarily and it looked like Fhargrim was asking someone to play a game of dice with him. She hopes she was mistaken as this is no time for games of chance. They had a demolitions expert to catch up to.

[sblock=Dice rolls]Acrobatics to Drop lightly from Leathers Shoulders (1d20+1=2)

Nature roll to direct the Owlbears in the correct direction. (1d20+14=21) [/sblock]

All seemed as though it was going well. Fhangrim was keeping a well trained eye on Boomer (even if his hand signals were lost on everyone), but Leather's shouting immediately alerted Boomer, who, in fear of his life and his coin bag, dashed off into a side alley.

"I al'ready durn tol' 'im I be havin' 'is coin'n a few days! Ye be leavin' me be!" he shouts to the group of adventurers.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Now came the fun part. Fhangrim knew that the stubby dwarf legs would be no match for his giantish strides. At a full run, he'd be on the dwarf's tail soon enough. He just had to keep an eye on Boomer and shout out his location to the others and hope he was able to keep up pursuit. The others would take care of the rest.

Perception (1d20+11=23)

OOC: Given that my speed of 7 is faster than a typical dwarf's 5, I figure catching up isn't going to be that much of a problem as long as I don't lose sight of him.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Oh, I read CFW's post as 'Leather's attempt to move through the crowd alerts Boomer to the plan, spoiling the element of surprise.' If that's not the case then that's fine. If things are going according to plan then I imagine Haaku is lurking in that side alley?

jbear

First Post
Despite Boomer's flight 'going according to plan', Leather hasn't quite understood the plan, or why Boomer might be running from a group of people he has never met. When the dwarf yells back in his direction at last the penny drops. The dwarf is not running from them, but someone he owes money. That is a feeling Leather is akin to. And a crowded dock is no match for Leather's booming voice, a voice which Boomer has already managed to hear when Leather was talking to people next to him.

"Boomer! Hold on a heartbeat! I don't want your coin!! I want your help to blow things up!! And I know a man who will pay you coin to do it! Stop you're running now! Daunton is in danger! Daunton needs you! Daunton wants to pay you!!"

He continues to pass through the crowd like a hot knife through butter as they fall back from the roaring black fighter who is effortlessly tossing people left and right if they are too slow to move, herding Boomer all the while (if he continues to find it necessary to run) towards the alleyway where Haaku waits.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: I'm not sure why you consider this punishment. The whole point of Leather acting scary was to get Boomer to run. Now it is our job to herd him towards Haaku.
OOC: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] I think you'll find that from the phrase "All was going well [snip] but Leather's shouting ..." that WEContact has interpreted the situation correctly. It raises an interesting point certainly. One I'm interested to see our DM's response upon. I hope you're right, and we are wrong.

I'll hold my comments until this is clarified.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases