[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: The reason I'm asking is that EBB used 3 different attack bonuses for its bone spurs +6 (Leather), +4 (Haaku), +5 (Ilex & Fhangrim). I also noticed that EBB appears to be a reskin of the Bone Construct from Marauders of the Dune Sea, but that monster has an attack bonus of +7 listed in the compendium.

[sblock=SoM]

Sent you a PM with all the info. Thanks so much for helping me out on this! Also, the attack #'s were different against Haaku because of EBB being Marked...and I think the +5 was a typo mistake...but I can't remember the exact details right now. [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Monster Turn Retcon

[sblock=Rolls]Combat Challenge (EBB) (1d20+6=17, 1d10+5=7)
Bone Spurs (Haaku) (1d20+7-2=7, 1d8+5=10)
Bone Spurs (Leather) (1d20+7=17, 1d8+5=9)
Opportunity Attack (EBB) (1d20+7=26, 1d10+5=8)
Flinch Spike (Leather) (1d6=4)
Penetrating Spear (Fhangrim) (1d20+6=24, 4d6+5=17)
Brutal Spear (Haaku) (1d20+6=11, 4d6+5=19)
Brutal Spear (Ilex) (1d20+6=18, 4d6+5=16)
Brutal Spear (Noctua Ursus) (1d20+6=18, 4d6+5=19)[/sblock]

OOC: Results
Leather interrupts EBB with Combat Challenge hitting for 7 damage.
EBB misses Haaku.
EBB misses Leather.
EBB provokes an OA from Leather, and is hit for 8 damage, killing EBB.
Leather takes 4 damage from hitting EBB with an OA.
EGR5 hits Fhangrim for 17 damage, triggering E.S. Fhangrim gains vulnerable 5 all.
EGR 6 misses Haaku, triggering E.S.
EGR 7 hits Ilex for 16 damage, triggering E.S.
EGR 8 hits Noctua Ursus for 19 damage, dismissing it.

[sblock=status]EGR5: 13/34 HP; Status: Bloodied; Used Penetrating Spear
EGR6: 19/34 HP; Status: Dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn; Used Brutal Spear
EGR7: 19/34 HP; Status: Dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn; Used Brutal Spear
EGR8: 24/34 HP; Status: Dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn; Used Brutal Spear

Haaku: 22/30 HP; Status: E.S (EGR6)
Fhangrim: 5/28HP ; Status: Blooded, E.S.(EGR5), v5 all (EGR 5)
---UM: 14+4/14 HP; Status: Normal
---Um: 14/14 HP; Status: Normal
Ilex: 6/32 HP; Status: Bloodied, ES (EGR7).
---NU: 0/16 HP; Status: Unsummoned.
Leather: 12/31; Status: Bloodied.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim retcon

Fhangrim moves away from the goliath near him letting his girls impede the way.
After taking a moment to reinvigorate Ilex with primal power, he charges the goliath near Haaku, using staff and teeth the tear into him. His blood lust satisfied, he feels slightly refreshed.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Fhangrim shifts to M14, Ursa Minor to L13, Ursa Major to M12.
Minor: Healing Word (Ilex)
Healing Word (Ilex) (1d6=2)
Standard: Ferocious Charge to O10
Attack: +6 vs AC (+1 charge, +2 CA)
Damage: 1d12+2 (+2 blood frenzy, +4 ferocious charge while bloodied)
Ferocious Charge (EGR 6) (1d20+6+1+2=27, 1d12+2+2+4=9)[/sblock]

OOC: Results
Ilex spends a surge healing surge value + 2 (16/32 hp)
EGR6 is hit for 9 damage. (10/34 hp)
Fhangrim gains 4 temporary hit points. (5+4/28 hp)

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1 Status: Vulnerable 5 all, E.S. (EGR5) Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14 AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14 HP 5+4/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 7/10 Speed 7, Initiative +2 Action Points: 0, Second Wind [] At-Will Powers: Magic Stones Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x], Ferocious Charge [x], Healing Word [x][x] Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar [] [/sblock][sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13 AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16 HP 14+4/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3 Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock][sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12 AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16 HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3 Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Hurray, now I really feel like my nova round last turn accomplished something!

Haaku nods in satisfaction as the brutal bladeling falls to Leather's swift axe- the impertinence of the thing, continuing to fight after Haaku had torn it apart! Haaku admired it briefly, and then dismissed it. It was dead, he was alive, and he intended to keep things that way. He cuts down the goliath facing him with a dismissive stroke, then steps cautiously toward his next victim, taking a defensive posture while he sized up his prey.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Hunter's Quarry vs EGR6
Standard: Twin Strike HIT EGR6 AC 18, HIT EGR8 AC 30 (ignore Javelin dice rolls)
Move: Invigorating Stride
Result: EGR is dead and Haaku second winds for 7 hp and +2 defenses UEoNT.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 29/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 3/8 Speed: 6 squares
AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @WEContact, I'm not sure you can mixed melee and ranged attack with Twin Strike, I think it has to be one or the other. At least that was my opinion and the consensus of people on the forum thread I was reviewing. I'm pretty sure that's what Throw and Stab is for. Also, how are you drawing a javelin as a free action? It's not ammunition, so it's normally a minor to draw.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex mutters a few words in Elvish and glowing green energy flows from her to Fhangrim who's wounds stop bleeding and appear to have leaves holding them together. She then turns towards the skittish dwarf "!Boomer!, don't just stand like an ELF with a BEARD! FIRE that cannon of yours at the two goons right there!" Ilex points her palms towards the two goliaths standing off to the right and a line of what appears to be coagulating blood encircles them both. One strand holds tight while the other falls away in dust.

[sblock=actions]
minor:
Healing Word (Daily Minor Close burst 5 ✦ Healing) Sentinel Power

Target: You or one ally in burst
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points.
heal dice for Fhargrim (1d6=6)

Standard: Stone Blood (At-Will Standard Area burst 1 in 10 ✦ Arcane, Implement, Transmutation) Wizard Attack 1
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: +6 vs Fortitude
Hit: 1d6+5 damage and the target is slowed until the end of Ilex's next turn.
Stone Blood on EGR7 and EGR8 (1d20+6=11,1d20+6=14, 1d6+5=7) ACK I forgot the dazed from color spray making the rolls a 13 and a 16. I only hit EGR8 phooey.
Move: from N13 to H14[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Sorry I've been out of the convo. We just started homeschool this week and SoM was keeping me updated (mostly) on what was going on. I'm glad a resolution was found, and I too am enjoying the flavor of your (CFW) writing. [/sblock]

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 16/32 Temp HP 4 Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 6/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, [x]Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: []Chameleon's Mask,
[]Hamadryad Aspects,
[x]Glorious Presence,
[x]Herbal Healing,
[x]Color Spray,
[]Spidersilk Mantle
Daily Powers: []Augury,
[x]Healing Word,
[]Arcane Whirlwind,
[]Feyswarm Staff,
[]Flute of the Dancing Satyr[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna's Stats]Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: []Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua's Stats]Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion [ ]Summoned
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 11/16 Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats (updated)]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1
Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14
AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14
HP 18+4/28, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 6/10
Speed 7, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x], Ferocious Charge [x], Healing Word [x][x]
Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar [] [/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @WEContact, I'm not sure you can mixed melee and ranged attack with Twin Strike, I think it has to be one or the other. At least that was my opinion and the consensus of people on the forum thread I was reviewing. I'm pretty sure that's what Throw and Stab is for. Also, how are you drawing a javelin as a free action? It's not ammunition, so it's normally a minor to draw.
OOC: Ah, I think you're right about not being able to mix and match. Hmmm. Well, I'll just edit out my second attack, then.
As for the drawing thing, that I'm sure isn't a problem is something I've been wrong about for a long time. Huh.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases