[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

jbear

First Post
Leather helps load the left most cannon before drawing his longsword and positioning himself, awaiting the horde's arrival.

WEContact

First Post
Leather's face splits with a flash at Haaku's remark, but the brief smile is quickly suppressed as a matter of habit. However a quite remarkable event occurs a moment later, or at least it would be remarkable to anyone who had known Leather for any amount of time. The dark skinned warrior extended his hand towards Haaku as well. "I don't think we've properly met. Marcus Leather. Proud to die with you today, Haaku, or spit in Death's face, whichever the case may be."

[sblock=OOC] Haaku just won Leather's respect with such blatant disregard for his own life! It seems they are of a like mind :)[/sblock]
Haaku takes the proffered hand. "A pleasure," he answers. His dust guard hides his smile, but the leathery skin creasing at the corners of his eyes gives it away.

Proudman turns to the group. "You should head down to the docks as well and get set up. You have a little less than an hour to be there and be ready, but don't dally, as those ships could come in hard and fast at the last minute. If you need to buy anything to prepare for the fight, do so now, and do it quickly. Good luck, and gods speed to you."

OOC: Feel free to make any purchases you may need. There are shops still open in the inner city close by. I am working on the battle map right now, and will post a link as soon as it is finished! My next post will assume everyone is done, but feel free to post actions in the past if you need to shop before heading to the docks.
"You don't have our pay on your person, do you, Proudman? If the shops here have something that could help us, better we have it now than afterward."

Haaku takes the proffered hand. "A pleasure," he answers. His dust guard hides his smile, but the leathery skin creasing at the corners of his eyes gives it away.

"You don't have our pay on your person, do you, Proudman? If the shops here have something that could help us, better we have it now than afterward."

"Well, let's see here. I don't have the gold on me to give you a full six months pay for each of you, as I have not yet been able to requisition those funds from my superiors...but I can do this..." he says, pulling out a folder with some official-looking documentation. Filling out a slip of paper for each of you, he hands it over without any fuss or flair.

"Feel free to use that with the local merchants. It allows you to requisition upward of 100 gold worth of equipment (in total) from them. I am still busy organizing our defenses right now, but I will get your full pay to you as quickly as possible."

OOC: Each of you get 100 gp

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Once it is clear that Boomer is not going to run, Ilex calls off the dogs, so to say. Fhangrim's girls move to stand behind him. Noctua moves behind Ilex.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Given the option to buy supplies to help in the fight Ilex thinks what might be helpful and sets out to see what she can find. She arrives at the dock with 3 floatation bladders, and Noctua pushing a wheelbarrow full of rope (300 ft). ”I wanted chains but besides them being heavy and cumbersome they were to costly. Rope will have to do. I would like to get it strung out just under the water to impede the ships' ability to pull up to the docks. The outer sides we can't do much about but this will hopefully slow there disembark-ment. I want the bladders set up under the docks so if one of us gets pushed into the water we can use the bladders to keep a float. Anyone want to help me set up the ropes?”

[sblock=ooc]I want the rope doubled up for added strength. I believe 300 feet should be sufficient and hopefully I could find that much rope in a fishing town. I was figuring to hide the bladders under the docks. I will put them and the rope line on the map.[/sblock]

OOC: Ilex: Roll a stealth check for the bladders, and a thievery check to set up the "rope trap". Also, if you could, give me an idea of exactly what you are doing with the rope (ie, stringing it between the three docks or whatnot) so that I know how you are trying to accomplish what you are doing.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex has the idea and the equipment, but not necessarily the skills needed. She knows she needs help but will do what she can with only Noctua's help if she has to. ”Is anyone good with rope?” Ilex asks again.

[sblock=bladders and floats] First roll stealth to hide the Floatation Bladders. Sencond roll thievery to secure the ropes. (1d20+1=9, 1d20+1=5)

Not that I even rolled well enough to aid another, I am still hoping to get help from other players as I did ask in the initial post.

As far as the ropes go I was hoping to have them wrapped around the pilings (big logs that hold the dock up), if possible around all 6 at the end of the docks: wrapped 5 times and thread the rope back down and through between the wrapps and the piling twice. I'm hoping that the wrapped rope would tighten around the threaded line keeping it from loosening up. I'm trying to get the pulling on the ropes by the ship to just tighten the ropes further.

I want to use a short bit of rope to help keep the bladders in place but loop without knots to facilitate easy retrieval.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Haaku comes back from the shops with two thick glass bottles tucked into his belt, secured by a string. He moves to help Ilex with her chains and floats, seeing her struggle. "This is clever," he says. "I'll hide the floats, but I confess I'm not much good with knots. I'm more desert-dweller than seafarer."

Haaku dives into the bay, and one by one the flotation bladders vanish. He camouflages them masterfully, using seaweed and barnacles.

OOC: Spent 100 gp on a Potion of Clarity and a Potion of Healing

Last edited:

With Fhangrim's and Haaku's help, Ilex's plan to tie up the docks succeeds expertly. The incoming ships will certainly have a difficult time of it should they try to bust through the ropes!

OOC: I have Leather, Fhangrim (as well as UM and Um), and Haaku placed on the map. I just need Ilex to place herself (and her allies) on the map, and we can start this bloody shindig!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases