[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: IMPORTANT

With Fhangrim's vulnerable 5 and his current unconscious state, we can't kill EBB until Fhangrim is healed. Unless EBB does minimum damage with his death burst, it will send Fhangrim right to negative bloodied.

OOC: OOh! So sorry! I completely missed Haaku being healed! I was going off of his last stat block. Because of that, he WOULD be at 2 HP instead of -8, and will still be conscious (but Dazed).

Also, regarding the difficulty of the combat... it WAS geared for 5 team members originally...and you guys said you wanted to push ahead with it for more XP. If you want me to scale back the final battle, let me know and I'll make it happen.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I'm not confident we are even going to have to worry about it. I'm still not convinced that this battle won't end in a TPK. We're pretty low on healing resources and hit points and there are still a lot of enemies.

We are pretty much in a position where we can't kill EBB because his death burst will kill half of us in return.

It's also the fact that you have us all dazed. That means any healing we do this round might easily be negated by the enemy.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
With Fhangrim unconscious, the two owlbears move to defend their master.

[sblock=Uncontrolled Pets]When you cannot give actions to your animal companion because you are unable to act (such as when unconscious) or out of range, they can take a single action on your turn.[/sblock]

The younger owlbears claws the goliath next to her badly wounding it.

[sblock=Ursa Minor]Standard: Basic Attack (EGR5) (1d20+6=14, 1d12=12) (HIT)[/sblock]

OOC: EGR5 is at 1/34 hp

The older owlbear tries to finish the job, but is unable to do so.

[sblock=Ursa Minor]Basic Attack (1d20+6=7, 1d12+7+2=13) (MISS)[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhangrim]Death Save (1d20=5) (FAIL)[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 1 Passive Perception 21, Passive Insight 14 AC 16, Fort 15, Reflex 12, Will 14 HP -1/28 (Failed 1 Death Save), Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 7/10 Speed 7, Initiative +2 Action Points: 0, Second Wind [] At-Will Powers: Magic Stones Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [x], Ferocious Charge [], Healing Word [x][] Daily Powers: Summon Fierce Boar [] [/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 13 AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16 HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3 Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 12 AC 14, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 16 HP 14/14, Bloodied 7, Surge Value 3 Speed 6, Initiative +2[/sblock]

OOC: Well another gamble didn't pay off. I thought I would be better off having my owlbears each get an action rather than getting healed first and then only getting a single action. But the one I really needed to hit didn't because the little one couldn't do enough damage on his own.

OOC: I think because of the death burst we need to leave EBB alive for now and focus on taking out the others. Most of us can't take the damage it deals.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: So, plan of action: I take out EGR5, Ilex second winds, Leather attacks. My defenses are high enough that I might not get hit next round, and Ilex has a good chance of not going down either with the second wind defense bonus. Either way, next round she heals Fhangrim, Fhangrim uses the rest of his heals, I second wind via invigorating stride and finish off EBB? My defenses will be boosted from SW and even if Fhangrim goes down his bears can attack, and Leather might still be up, and between us we can survive for the 3 rounds it will take us to kill the remaing goliaths. It's a longshot, but maybe we can pull it off?

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Alot of this pivots on Leather's Interrupt attack. Can you make a link to roll on that one please. Did you remember that he was holding his Battle Axe which he can use at 1d10+5 2 handed? He rolled a 1 or a 2 on the damage roll? Pretty unlucky.

I'd also like an explanation of this: Search Results

[/sblock]

OOC: I think you guys are forgetting that EBB's Bone Volley has a recharge of 6... he has not yet recharged this since he used it after being bloodied. So as of right now... killing him would not allow him to use Bone Volley.

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Alot of this pivots on Leather's Interrupt attack. Can you make a link to roll on that one please. Did you remember that he was holding his Battle Axe which he can use at 1d10+5 2 handed? He rolled a 1 or a 2 on the damage roll? Pretty unlucky.

[/sblock]
OOC: Holding off on my post til this is addressed.

[/sblock]

OOC: I did know that Leather was holding his battle axe, thus the lower attack roll bonus...but I did not think you would hold it 2-handed, since you are the brawler style fighter, which needs 1-hand open for many of its features.

As for the search results... sorry if that looks bad. We have been having intermittent internet problems here at work, and a few times when making rolls on IC, I have had my browser freeze on me, causing me to either quit out of it entirely, or hit the back button on my browser. Likely this is what happened, and since I did not know if a roll had been made on the site, simply hit roll a second time. I'll try to be careful to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I did know that Leather was holding his battle axe, thus the lower attack roll bonus...but I did not think you would hold it 2-handed, since you are the brawler style fighter, which needs 1-hand open for many of its features.

It's a free action to switch your grip on a weapon.

OOC: As for the search results... sorry if that looks bad. We have been having intermittent internet problems here at work, and a few times when making rolls on IC, I have had my browser freeze on me, causing me to either quit out of it entirely, or hit the back button on my browser. Likely this is what happened, and since I did not know if a roll had been made on the site, simply hit roll a second time. I'll try to be careful to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

It would be really helpful if you could clear some of your PMs. Some of the explanation doesn't sit well with me and I would like to discuss rather than having to drag this out over the forum.

Remove ads