D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 10





+ Log in or register to post
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 346
  1. #91
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,983

    Ignore jbear
    Leather looks puzzled for a moment. What was this about this Boomer character trying to flee? With a shrug he decides not to think about it too much. The woman on his shoulders seems to have spotted the dwarf and people are standing in his way.

    "Move the Hells out of my Waaayy!" growls Leather as he pushes through the crowd, like an angry bull, only taking care of the young, the infirm or the elderly who he treats almost delicately and with respect should he cross their path. He does offer apologies to the lady folk that he manhandles but he handles them none the less if they are in the way of getting where he is going quickly, for now with Ilex still perched on his shoulders and directing where he should be going.

    OOC
    At the risk of Leather being arrested and thrown in the clink for disturbing the peace: Intimidation 24: Move folk out of the way with his voice and facial expression Athletics 25: Physically move them out of the way when necessary.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Seeing where Haaku and Fhargrim plan to box in boomer, Ilex gives Leather a few more directions, then attempts to dismount gracefully from his shoulders. Unfortunately, her cloak gets caught on one of Leather's buckles throwing Ilex's balance and she lands to the ground with a thud. She quickly gets up and gathers the “bears” together and gets them moving off in a third direction. Fhargrim was waving his hands around trying to give further instructions. However a few dockworker guiding a cart loaded with crates blocked her view momentarily and it looked like Fhargrim was asking someone to play a game of dice with him. She hopes she was mistaken as this is no time for games of chance. They had a demolitions expert to catch up to.


  • #93
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    All seemed as though it was going well. Fhangrim was keeping a well trained eye on Boomer (even if his hand signals were lost on everyone), but Leather's shouting immediately alerted Boomer, who, in fear of his life and his coin bag, dashed off into a side alley.

    "I al'ready durn tol' 'im I be havin' 'is coin'n a few days! Ye be leavin' me be!" he shouts to the group of adventurers.



  • #94
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    OOC: @CrimsonFlameWielder , it isn't fair that every time jbear rolls Intimidate the group is punished for it.


  • #95
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    OOC: @CrimsonFlameWielder , it isn't fair that every time jbear rolls Intimidate the group is punished for it.
    OOC: I'm not sure why you consider this punishment. The whole point of Leather acting scary was to get Boomer to run. Now it is our job to herd him towards Haaku.

  • #96
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Now came the fun part. Fhangrim knew that the stubby dwarf legs would be no match for his giantish strides. At a full run, he'd be on the dwarf's tail soon enough. He just had to keep an eye on Boomer and shout out his location to the others and hope he was able to keep up pursuit. The others would take care of the rest.

    Perception (1d20+11=23)

    OOC: Given that my speed of 7 is faster than a typical dwarf's 5, I figure catching up isn't going to be that much of a problem as long as I don't lose sight of him.

  • #97
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    OOC: Oh, I read CFW's post as 'Leather's attempt to move through the crowd alerts Boomer to the plan, spoiling the element of surprise.' If that's not the case then that's fine. If things are going according to plan then I imagine Haaku is lurking in that side alley?


  • #98
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Ilex attempts to keep tabs on Fhangrim while herding the girls in the indicated direction to box in Boomer.


  • #99
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,983

    Ignore jbear
    Despite Boomer's flight 'going according to plan', Leather hasn't quite understood the plan, or why Boomer might be running from a group of people he has never met. When the dwarf yells back in his direction at last the penny drops. The dwarf is not running from them, but someone he owes money. That is a feeling Leather is akin to. And a crowded dock is no match for Leather's booming voice, a voice which Boomer has already managed to hear when Leather was talking to people next to him.

    "Boomer! Hold on a heartbeat! I don't want your coin!! I want your help to blow things up!! And I know a man who will pay you coin to do it! Stop you're running now! Daunton is in danger! Daunton needs you! Daunton wants to pay you!!"

    He continues to pass through the crowd like a hot knife through butter as they fall back from the roaring black fighter who is effortlessly tossing people left and right if they are too slow to move, herding Boomer all the while (if he continues to find it necessary to run) towards the alleyway where Haaku waits.
    Last edited by jbear; Wednesday, 27th June, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #100
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,983

    Ignore jbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    OOC: I'm not sure why you consider this punishment. The whole point of Leather acting scary was to get Boomer to run. Now it is our job to herd him towards Haaku.
    OOC: @Son of Meepo I think you'll find that from the phrase "All was going well [snip] but Leather's shouting ..." that WEContact has interpreted the situation correctly. It raises an interesting point certainly. One I'm interested to see our DM's response upon. I hope you're right, and we are wrong.

    I'll hold my comments until this is clarified.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •