D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 12




What's on your mind?

  1. #111
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,002

    Ignore jbear
    "So Boomer, this company we might be expecting. Anything we should know about them? Are they going to get violent?"
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    "Hones'ly...I dunno. They been tailin' me fer th'last coupler days, but ne'er 'proached me direc'ly. Been givin' me looks an' showin' me their weapons, th'thugs, but I aint seen em get closer 'en fi'ty steps 'way. Buncha cowards iffn' ye asks me. I be bettin' yer presense itself be 'nuff t'scarem 'way...least fer a while."

  • #113
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,002

    Ignore jbear
    Leather nods in agreement and visibly relaxes a little.
    "If they haven't had courage to face you alone, then they aren't going to mess with you while you have company. These thugs have a name? I have a friend who can find out a bit more about them. "
    Last edited by jbear; Sunday, 1st July, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #114
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Haaku lowers his ignored hand, and resumes his silence.


  • #115
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    Haaku lowers his ignored hand, and resumes his silence.
    OOC: Sorry! I completely forgot to address your last post...


    Just before Haaku lowers his hand, boomer grasps it in his own in a shake.

    "It be no problems, Haaku. I be un'erstan'in why ye be doin' so. I been a bit par'noid what wit' Gurkin's men ter'rizin' me. I dunna know ther names innavidully, I jus' be knowin' they be workin' fer a guy named Gurkin. He be the head a these loan sharks I dun be stupid 'nuff t'borrow ferm."

  • #116
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Happy Independence Day everyone! I will be out late today, but will attempt to move things along when I come home tonight.

  • #117
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: Sorry! I completely forgot to address your last post...


    Just before Haaku lowers his hand, boomer grasps it in his own in a shake.

    "It be no problems, Haaku. I be un'erstan'in why ye be doin' so. I been a bit par'noid what wit' Gurkin's men ter'rizin' me. I dunna know ther names innavidully, I jus' be knowin' they be workin' fer a guy named Gurkin. He be the head a these loan sharks I dun be stupid 'nuff t'borrow ferm."
    "Understandable. I don't think you'll have to worry about Gurkin any longer- if we repel these invaders, we'll make sure you're left alone afterwards. If we don't, we'll probably all be dead," Haaku remarks offhand, this time in Allarian.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: Happy Independence Day everyone! I will be out late today, but will attempt to move things along when I come home tonight.
    OOC: Cool!


  • #118
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,002

    Ignore jbear
    Leather's face splits with a flash at Haaku's remark, but the brief smile is quickly suppressed as a matter of habit. However a quite remarkable event occurs a moment later, or at least it would be remarkable to anyone who had known Leather for any amount of time. The dark skinned warrior extended his hand towards Haaku as well. "I don't think we've properly met. Marcus Leather. Proud to die with you today, Haaku, or spit in Death's face, whichever the case may be."

    OOC
    Haaku just won Leather's respect with such blatant disregard for his own life! It seems they are of a like mind
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #119
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    It is not long before Boomer, escorted by the motley crew of humanoids and owlbears, reaches the Hanged Man Inn where they were to meet the Lieutenant. As if on queue, the Lieutenant walks out of the Hanged Man, and seeing Boomer coming with you, greets you with a wide smile.

    "Well done! I can see that you were successful in finding Mr. Rockbeard for us. That bodes well for the upcoming skirmishes."

    Proudman looks out at the ocean where the wall of ships is now clearly visible and he furrows his brow.

    "Mr. Rockbeard. My name is Lieutenant Jordan Proudman. I understand that you are a specialist in demolitions, and that you have experience in using them at sea. Do you see those ships on the horizon there?" he asks the dwarf, pointing in the direction of the docks and incoming ships.

    Boomer nods. "I been known t'shoot a cannon'r'two. Aint known as 'Boomer' fer nuthin! What c'n ol' Boomer do fer ya? An' pardon' th'rudeness...but how much c'n ye be payin' me fer whatcha need doin?"

    Proudman laughs a short laugh. "Straight to the point. I like that. Well, Mr. Rockbeard, the militia is prepared to pay you upward of 3 months as a basic officer for your assistance, and all you need to do is help these folks out when those ships unload with a horde of enemies onto our docks. No need to get into the fray itself, I don't think. Not with as many of these folks you will have in front of you to keep the enemy at bay, at least. We don't have much time, as they will be here within the hour, but any assistance you can provide during the battle would be greatly appreciated, and amply rewarded."


    Boomer nods his head slowly, absorbing the severity and urgency of the situation, while simultaneously thinking about how he can help.


    "All right. I'll do it. I ain't got a lotta fire power I c'n use wit less'n' an hour t'prepare...but I be doin' what I c'n do fer ya. Jus' poin' me inna right d'rection and I'll be off t'collect what I c'n collect."


    "Perfect. And thank you. This team will be focusing their attentions on docks 7 through 9, while the rest of the militia will be spread out among the other docks. I have already had that area evacuated, so feel free to set up there."


    Boomer gives a curt nod and begins walking off to prepare.


    "Thank ye, Lieutentant! I'll be settin' up within' th'hour. I be seein' ye at th'docks then!"

    With that, Boomer hustles off toward the docks once more, moving at a brisque pace for a dwarf. You all hear a couple of excited chuckles coming from the dwarf before he turns into an alleyway and you lose sight of him.

    Proudman turns to the group. "You should head down to the docks as well and get set up. You have a little less than an hour to be there and be ready, but don't dally, as those ships could come in hard and fast at the last minute. If you need to buy anything to prepare for the fight, do so now, and do it quickly. Good luck, and gods speed to you."

    OOC: Feel free to make any purchases you may need. There are shops still open in the inner city close by. I am working on the battle map right now, and will post a link as soon as it is finished! My next post will assume everyone is done, but feel free to post actions in the past if you need to shop before heading to the docks.


    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Thursday, 5th July, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

  • #120
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    As the group arrives at the docks, they see Boomer wheeling a small cannon onto the grassy front yard of a house. Seeing the group walking toward him, he waves, wearing a cheesy grin on his face.

    "This be great! I got ye three o'me own pers'nal cannons. Only got three shots t'use wit'em, but it should help f'sure! These be some older style ones, so they be pretty short range, and take a bit t'fire off, so you'll prolly want t'let me get im' set up wit one shot in each... but I c'n hold off on loadin' iff'n yer wantin' me to so ye c'n tell me which cannon t'load durin' yer fight. I also found some o'these useful puppies!" he says, handing each of you a small sphere.

    "Crush it in yer hand an throw't'inna air. It'll make a pretty 'lil red flash. I prolly won't be able t'hear yer voices, what with the battle, so use one'a those iffn' yer wantin me t'fire a shot! Jus' make sure to throw it where ye want me beauties t'hit."


    A low rumble of voices can be heard now, coming from the ships who are rapidly closing in. Ships from Daunton's naval force surge out to meet the ships, but as predicted, they just aren't enough to take on the menacing full fleet of ships coming into the harbor. The naval fleet is easily routed with cannon shot (though they do manage to take out about a 1/4 of the invasion fleet), leaving the harbor wide open. Splitting off into groups, some of the ships sail around to other sides of the island, but a group of three ships heads straight toward you! Any minute now, they will be upon you!

    Boomer giggles with delight, holding a round shot in his hands and making ready to load his cannons.

    "Here they be comin'! Get yerselves ready!"


    OOC


    You can find the battle map HERE. Please place yourselves somewhere on the map by coloring one of the squares with your speech text color and labeling the square with your character's first initial. Use Boomer's square as an example.

    Boomer's Cannons


    The black squares on the map are the cannons that Boomer has set up for you. Because Boomer doesn't have the time to adjust the cannons for long range fire, they can only make the following attack:

    Cannon Fire: Area burst 2 within 10 (from the cannon that is fired); Targets all creatures in the burst. +5 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 damage, and the area creates a permanent zone of difficult terrain.

    It takes a standard action to use the flash pellet you were given to signal the cannon fire. When you do so, designate one square within 10 squares of yourself. This square will be the origin of the cannon fire attack. If that square is outside of the cannon's range, the origin of the blast will be placed in the closest square to where you designated.

    Boomer will use the cannon closest to where the flash occurs, using a loaded cannon over a non-loaded cannon if more than one is in range.

    If you pre-load a/the cannon(s) now, the attack will occur at the end of the turn in which the flash pellet is used, instead of the round after

    Feel free to load as many or as little of the cannons now, as you choose. Whoever uses the flash pellet, go ahead and roll the attack and damage rolls for the cannon Fire as well.

    You have three shots, and three cannons total. Use them as frequently or as sparingly as you wish, but that is all you have for the remainder of the adventure.





  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •